Prince

Local Time: 10:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
New Apolytonia Times
Welcome to the NewsPaper of your times!

New Terms Starting!

The new term start on good background!

Welcome to New Apolytonia Times

The new term for November will be in the best position possible to start from, so we the public and newspaper expect good things!

Please put in news article in please!

Other NEWS

SCANDAL!

The Times has learn of a new threat to the empire the barbaric Celts, and some panic has started!

And Finally,

A new animal has been found in the jungle a new bird with blue beck and black feathers!
Old November 6, 2002, 06:30   #2
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 21:28
I know I suggested a newspaper, but this wasn't quite what I invisioned.

Old November 6, 2002, 07:13   #3
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 20:28
, good though

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old November 6, 2002, 07:22   #4
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 21:28
good ? bah

no effort, no detail, no content
Old November 6, 2002, 09:31   #5
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 04:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
good ? bah

no effort, no detail, no content
thats the JA I know
Old November 6, 2002, 11:54   #6
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:28
Quote:
Originally posted by 123john321

thats the JA I know
I think that sums it up nicely!
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old November 6, 2002, 16:01   #7
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

JA, everyone is well aware of your posting habits, you don't have very long to try and salvage this thread, otherwise...

I suggest a commentary on the election
Old November 7, 2002, 06:19   #8
James Adams
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
JA, everyone is well aware of your posting habits, you don't have very long to try and salvage this thread, otherwise...

I suggest a commentary on the election
I will now comment on my own election run results Should JA be our next Minister of Foreign Affairs?
This poll is closed.
James Adams 5 31.25%
Write-in 9 56.25%
Bananarama 2 12.50%
, As you can see that I have lost, I not disappointed, I will run for next moneth!

Also the Presidential election results:

Who should be our next president?
This poll is closed.
ixnay37 3 16.67%
Darkness' Edge 8 44.44%
Hydey 7 38.89%

The other results;

Should the great leader take over our finances?
This poll is closed.
cavebear 13 86.67%
Write-in 0 0%
Bananarama 2 13.33%
Total: 15 voters 100%

Should atomant be your next Minister of IE?
This poll is closed.
atomant 9 64.29%
Write-in 0 0%
Bananarama 5 35.71%
Total: 14 voters 100%

Should Zedd manage our cities?
This poll is closed.
Zedd 12 92.31%
Write-in 0 0%
Bananarama 1 7.69%
Total: 13 voters 100%

Should -Jrabbit be our next Minister of Science?
This poll is closed.
-Jrabbit 14 87.50%
Write-in 1 6.25%
Bananarama 1 6.25%
Total: 16 voters 100%

As the presidential election were so close it was run off and results are

Presidential Run-Off
This poll is closed.
Hydey for President 12 50.00%
Darkness' Edge for President 12 50.00%
Total: 24 voters 100%
so they is now a cabinet secret vote for which one be President, I believe this is the first time in our history that election has been so close, I think that this means that the cabinet vote be close but as they is 5 cabinet members the result will be there and I will congrat the president, But I must say well done to all especially the elected cabinet and the candidates for President!

And finally, news of the good types, a new history book has been discovered, which tells us more about Apolytonia, the first of the ancient civs will have discovered, which tells us that they had elections like us!

An comments please post them here and if you have a new news article please put in!

Last edited by James Adams; November 7, 2002 at 06:34.
Old November 7, 2002, 08:43   #9
mrboo123
King

again, were do thee minitser vote?
Old November 7, 2002, 10:31   #10
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 12:28
Quote:
Originally posted by 123john321 thats the JA I know
Me too
Old November 7, 2002, 10:37   #11
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Quote:
SEND YOUR VOTE FOR EITHER HYDEY OR DARKNESS' EDGE IN A PM TO H TOWER

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old November 7, 2002, 12:01   #12
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
please, please send me a pm or email saying who you want to be president.

(and now follows an article for the New Apolytonian Times)

Election Commision to be formed!
Chief Librarian of the Democracy Game Index, H Tower has put out a call to form a special, if wholely unofficial special commision to analyze the results and processes of the still ongoing presidential election. The commision will report back on how the crisis of the the constitution did not forsee an eventual tie of the runoff election, and how a quick fix was applied to forestall a meltdown in government. The commision would, "not be allowed to examine the voting record of the minsiters to see who they had voted for." -Librarian, H Tower. As agreed upon by the Novemember cabinet, the results of the tally are to remain sealed for all eternity so that the ministers and incoming President would suffer no ill will against each other from the knowledge that they had voted against him.

Empty seat of Power
In other news, the outgoing President Cavebear has already removed his things from the throne and has taken up residence in his new office in the Ministry of Trade Building. The Throne room remains unoccupied at the moment, which is a source of discontent for many of the people. An unknown citizen was heard asking, "Will we ever have a president again?" In addition to the throne room being unoccupied, the vice presidency is also vacant, to be filled by whichever presidential candidate fails to recieve at least three of the votes by the ministers. As well as the top two positione being empty, the War Department is dead in the water with no one at the helm. Apperently, being part of the military has fallen out of favor as the people have turned their eyes towards the stars and away from petty conflicts here on Earth.
Old November 7, 2002, 12:03   #13
mrboo123
King

See JA, THAT had some effort in it!
Old November 7, 2002, 12:39   #14
H Tower

(transcript of a tv broadcast)
Live from outside the Vote Counting Facility
I'm standing here right outside of the offices where right now, Chief Librarian H Tower and his aides have been counting the votes in the second runoff for president between Hydey and Darkness Edge. No news has been announced as of yet as to who has finally won the election. Standing all around me right now are a large group of citizens who have taken their day off to come see who is elected President. I've talked to one of the anxious citizens who declined to give his name that he has in fact been standing out here for the last two days. What would seem to be a simple task of counting the number of votes each candidate has received has drawn out for much longer than was expected. I'm sure that it has crossed everyone's minds that it is possible that the librarian and his aides are simply waiting, waiting for everyone to finish voting. The reason behind waiting for all the votes to be tallied is unclear however, it might be that the cabinet ministers are split on who should be president, just as the people were, or that H Tower is simply a methodical person, you know what librarians are like, and is waiting for all votes to be in before announcing the clear victor of the presidential election.

Several times we have asked to interview HTower however the armed guards that have sorounded the building have rejected every attempt of this reporter to get inside. We have also seen several dark skinned beauties from a far away tropical island trying to enter the uilding, claiming they were fellow vote counters, however, they too have been turned away. So once again, we've only heard silence from the vote counting facility. We will remain vigilant though, and expect an anouncement very soon. Now back to the studio with James Brown, this is Derrick Smith, New Apolytnian News.

(end transmission)
Old November 7, 2002, 15:37   #15
H Tower

another news update
The news here outside the vote counting facility is that there is no news. H Tower is still locked inside, waiting for the final votes to be cast. The throng of citizens waiting outside has continued to increase and they've seperated into two groups, each cheering and chanting slogans for their presidential candidate. But they chant one chant together, in unision, "Announce!, Announce!" They want the results told, no matter who it is. Now back to you in the studio.

Last edited by H Tower; November 8, 2002 at 03:23.
Old November 11, 2002, 06:25   #16
James Adams
Prince

"The News of the Presidential election win is

And The Winner Is....

...HYDEY

Congtratulations Mr. President. May your reign be glorious, if just a little bit shorter than expected.

As for atomant, I think we all owe him an apology, He missed the post where we decided that the ministers would cast their vote as the final tie breaker. And in all fairness, He did get back the next day. I know I was agitated because this election has gone on so long.

Congratulations Hydey

(I hope you people know I'm skipping a class right now to bring you the results of this election )"

So now they discussion on how to react to future election like it has been!

Also I think that I should thank H tower for adding two News article, and they were well receive.

Other news article today,

Is in New Apolytonia people are happy that we now have a leader and can move on, further comments for citizens coming up.

And finally for now, news of a new weapon being see in the borders fear spreads.

Last edited by James Adams; November 11, 2002 at 08:29.
Old November 11, 2002, 09:13   #17
mrboo123
King

Quote:
(transcript of a tv broadcast)....
Ummm..... We don't ever have Electricity....... but we have TVs........
Old November 11, 2002, 12:16   #18
H Tower

DP

Last edited by H Tower; November 11, 2002 at 15:18.
Old November 11, 2002, 12:17   #19
H Tower

Quote:

Ummm..... We don't ever have Electricity....... but we have TVs........
They run on a secret banana mixture that i discovered
Old November 11, 2002, 12:44   #20
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 12:28
Wow, and they are both different too
Old November 11, 2002, 15:16   #21
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Why is this all so confusing? Before electricity, we all used to watch TV by candlelight.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old November 11, 2002, 18:11   #22
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by James Adams
"The News of the Presidential election win is

And The Winner Is....

...HYDEY

Congtratulations Mr. President. May your reign be glorious, if just a little bit shorter than expected.

As for atomant, I think we all owe him an apology, He missed the post where we decided that the ministers would cast their vote as the final tie breaker. And in all fairness, He did get back the next day. I know I was agitated because this election has gone on so long.

Congratulations Hydey

At least give me credit for what I wrote.

Breaking news! H Tower has sued James Adams for plagirism! H Tower has issued a complaint against James Adams for his blatant copy paste ripping of an entire section of writing that H Tower claims is his. The courts are contemplating whether or not to hear the case at this time. rumor has it that as a possible punishment would be a three day trip to Mingapulco and the closing of the thread "New Apolytonia Times" so that the newspaper could be placed under new, more ethical leadership.

Old November 11, 2002, 18:33   #23
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

James has begum to use copy/paste to help pad out his posts. James, I strongly advise you to use the Quote function or otherwise credit the original author.

It's never smart to mess with a Mod, James.

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old November 11, 2002, 22:13   #24
H Tower

well, the trip to mingaplco won't happen, but it really would be nice if you give people credit for their writing.

Too bad we don't have a court, it would have been fun to have a roleplaying trial
Old November 12, 2002, 04:40   #25
James Adams
Prince

Quote:

At least give me credit for what I wrote.

Breaking news! H Tower has sued James Adams for plagirism! H Tower has issued a complaint against James Adams for his blatant copy paste ripping of an entire section of writing that H Tower claims is his. The courts are contemplating whether or not to hear the case at this time. rumor has it that as a possible punishment would be a three day trip to Mingapulco and the closing of the thread "New Apolytonia Times" so that the newspaper could be placed under new, more ethical leadership.

Sorry, H Tower! Sorry but I had put them in quotes and then thank you for two articles, sorry, great writing sorry!
Old November 12, 2002, 06:25   #26
James Adams
Prince

shade
King

Re: For the newspaper please can you comment on ...
Oh, oeps... that's a lot easier.

The ellections were nervwrecking exciting.It was like a ping-pong game.

Shade

This is a quote from shade on the Presidential Election!
Old November 12, 2002, 08:22   #27
mrboo123
King

WOW! I haven't seen much of this but really.... if your going to copy & paste, DON'T USE HIS SIG. TOO!!!
Old November 12, 2002, 08:28   #28
James Adams
Prince

Quote:
WOW! I haven't seen much of this but really.... if your going to copy & paste, DON'T USE HIS SIG. TOO!!!
Ok!, stop! I will change my sig!
Old November 12, 2002, 17:43   #29
mrboo123
King

Quote:
Originally posted by James Adams
Ok!, stop! I will change my sig!
No, No, not that, this:

".....Shade
Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321
Old November 12, 2002, 17:47   #30
Hydey
Emperor

Local Time: 20:28

Hydey the no-limits man. :(