Old November 6, 2002, 12:16   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Construction Shack - 870AD City Status
Here is the City Status chart for 870AD:

A few builds will be increased with WorkForce changes and I have a fair list of Items to Add to the Queue. These will be addressed in the next Gameplay orders for 870 & Beyond.

In the last 50 Years (5 turns) we have made some great progress in our building program. For a comparison to the last Report, see Construction Shack - 820AD City Status

We now have 48 Cities, after annexing the Last of the French Cities. Four of these Cities will be demolished (highlighted in gray) and we will be adding 2 New Cities for a total 46. These will most likely occur within the next 5-10 turns.

For our 48 cities, we have brought online: 4 Libraries, 9 Courthouses, 6 Cathedrals. 2 Harbors & 1 Marketplace,. We have more of these in the works. We also have some Temples, Granaries, Aqueducts, Banks and Universities that are in the Queue and with more to be added. The Forbidden Palace has about 7-8 turns to be completed in Contagion and the Palace Construction in Timeline has begun, with a current TOC of 39 turns.

We have Increased our Native Public Worker Force from 43 to 48 Workers, a 11.6% increase in our abilities to Clear Jungle & provide other Infrastructure for our cities. We have more workers currently under production or in the build Queue. We have also liberated more Foreign Workers from the Oppressive French Regime and purchased 2 additional English Workers, bringing out "Slave" Workers to a total of 58.

We have also Increased our Defensive Military Capability by 1 Musketmen. With the Spearmen & Pikemen that we have for our defenses, we have had a total Defense Increase of 3.0%. We have also Upgraded 2 Pikeman & 1 Spearmen to Musketmen. Our Offensive (and Mounted Defensive) Capability has not Increased for this period and we lost 1 more in the War. We have upgraded all but 3 of our Knights & 9 of our War Chariots ot Cavalry. These can be upgraded to provide an higher offensive/defensive capability and can quickly react to any possible hostilities. We have had an Increase in our Naval Ability with one more Caravel, which was a 33.3% increases. We have Additional Offensive, Defensive & Navel Units either being built or in the Queue. As we are in our Great Age, we currently cannot build any War Chariots. The WC’s that are in the Queue (and due to be built before the end of the GA) will be changed to Cavalry or some other Mil Unit.

As we now are currently in our GA, we should be able to complete a good number of build projects that are Under Construction or are in the Queues. Our Science capability will grow shortly, as we have 6 Libraries that will shortly come online and with more to be built soon. With the GA, we should progress into the Queue fairly rapidly.

E_T
Old November 6, 2002, 15:33   #2
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 04:29
One slight correction. The inability to build WC's is permanent except for the possibility of a city that for some reason or not has access to a horse resource, but not a saltpeter resource.
Old November 6, 2002, 15:49   #3
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I wasn't sure if we would be able to build the UU's after the GA was over. I guess that answers that question.

E_T
Old November 6, 2002, 16:10   #4
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Hum, so the only reason we were able to build WCs after we had Chivary was because we hadn't had a Golden Age?
Old November 6, 2002, 16:19   #5
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
Hum, so the only reason we were able to build WCs after we had Chivary was because we hadn't had a Golden Age?
So it would seem. We'll know for sure after the GA is over.

E_T
Old November 6, 2002, 16:20   #6
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
No. UU's can be built provided:
... You have its tech AND
... You have its resource AND
... The unit into which it can be upgraded is not obsolete.

The tech questions are determined at the Civ level, and the resource issues and obsolesence are resolved at the city level. In our current case we have all the requisite techs so it boils down to the rare situation described a few posts above. Between Chivalry and Military Tradition, it was just the horse issue.
Old November 6, 2002, 16:27   #7
E_T
Emperor

I was able to build WC's after we had MT, and all the way up to the GA. I can't build them now and if it's in the Queue, it will skip it. I've already had it happen during the last gameplay, I just didn't realize it until I compiled this report.

E_T
Old November 6, 2002, 16:40   #8
roadcage
Prince

I think that what is confusing you is that the GA and Military Tradition were almost simultaneous. The bottom line is we have probably made our last WC.
Old November 6, 2002, 23:22   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

E_T,

Let me just say that you have done an excelent job a CP.

I have not forgotten my promice to go back to our early days and fill in the spreadsheat... I have just been swamped with RL and also with PtW comming out... well, I have temporarily placed that particular project on a back burner. But soon I hope to have RL slow down to normal and be able to play catch up.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 7, 2002, 11:21   #10
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
E_T,

Let me just say that you have done an excelent job a CP.
THanks GK, that means a lot coming from you!

Quote:
I have not forgotten my promice to go back to our early days and fill in the spreadsheat... I have just been swamped with RL and also with PtW comming out... well, I have temporarily placed that particular project on a back burner. But soon I hope to have RL slow down to normal and be able to play catch up.

GK
I hope that the spreadsheet wasn't to complex, especially the corruption sheets.

E_T
Old November 7, 2002, 20:08   #11
E_T
Emperor

Because of recent information that has come to light concerning the Proposed Location of the Palace in Timeline and some concerns among the population, the following will be done for the next Turnchat Orders (870AD):

1) change the build in Timeline from Palace to Calavry
2) change the Queue in Timeline to push back the start of the Palace to be after the Cavalry is completed.
3) post a new Official Poll (after this turnchat is over) concerning the Palace Lacation. This might require special dispensation from the Courts, as I'm not certain if this would fall within the 3 Week timeframe for Official Polls. I need to research when the last one was completed for this (If someone else could find out, I'd be greatly appriciative).

E_T
Old November 8, 2002, 10:24   #12
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:29
E_T- Why building Cav. in Timeline- don't we have enough of these?

Or does aggie want one more war as a grand finale for his career?
Old November 8, 2002, 11:01   #13
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by zeit
E_T- Why building Cav. in Timeline- don't we have enough of these?

Or does aggie want one more war as a grand finale for his career?
1) We did lose a lot of them during the war
2) They are expensive to build and I can get one out of Timeline in 2 turns.
3) depending on what any particular poll will find, I don't want to "clog up" the build with something that would take some time to build and have to switch from it. A Bank would take 6 turns, with the 2 for the cav, I have 8 turns game time to get a consensus (to switch from Palace to Bank) without really loosing shields.
4) The FAM hasn't renewed the Peace treaty with England and the people seem to want an Army and the ability to test him out. We might be at war soon.

E_T
Old November 8, 2002, 12:18   #14
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

E_T, if it looks like we'd be overlaping with the 3 weeks period for polls, then the (unwanted) palace in Timeline could be puished even further back in the Queue (after both the Calvary & Bank) so that the poll could definately wait to start until that 3 week period is over.
Old November 8, 2002, 14:39   #15
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
E_T, if it looks like we'd be overlaping with the 3 weeks period for polls, then the (unwanted) palace in Timeline could be puished even further back in the Queue (after both the Calvary & Bank) so that the poll could definately wait to start until that 3 week period is over.
Could you find the thread for me and either post a link to it here of bump it for me. I'm still working on my orders and only have about 2 hours until turnchat starts.

I might have to petition the Courts if its not been long enough.

E_T
Old November 8, 2002, 15:58   #16
joncnunn
Emperor

Final Palace Poll Started Oct 13.
I didn't see any message about when the poll ended on the top so that poll may be invalid itself.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=64416

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

Could you find the thread for me and either post a link to it here of bump it for me. I'm still working on my orders and only have about 2 hours until turnchat starts.

I might have to petition the Courts if its not been long enough.

E_T
Old November 8, 2002, 16:17   #17
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:29
Let's get clear on our goals here. Are we building granaries in our size 10 & 12 cities, do we can build workers there, or will it be just in time to build Hospitals?
If we're pursuing ToE==>Hoover, it might behoove us to develop Sanitation right after Industrialization (Medicine is a requirement for Scientific Method)to speed the build process.
Old November 8, 2002, 16:25   #18
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by realpolitic
Let's get clear on our goals here. Are we building granaries in our size 10 & 12 cities, do we can build workers there, or will it be just in time to build Hospitals?
If we're pursuing ToE==>Hoover, it might behoove us to develop Sanitation right after Industrialization (Medicine is a requirement for Scientific Method)to speed the build process.
The only cities that are building Graneries are the ones on Uber Island, and they are all size 6 or below. We have Graneries automatically in our mainland cities because of the Pyramids in Muncie.

E_T
Old November 8, 2002, 16:39   #19
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:29
Sorry, I was looking at the Current Improvements column.