Old November 8, 2002, 01:41   #31
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Manic : to what team do you belong exactly ?
Old November 8, 2002, 02:15   #32
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
I use Persia pretty often, so I would definately put that in as one of my choices. I also like Egypt, though I almost never use their UU. I try to go for a GA via wonder with them. I guess it all depends on what our grand strategy is. And we can't go discussing that here...
Old November 8, 2002, 02:37   #33
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:33
well I like most all the civs you guys like too. I just think having a civ with ether religous or scientific + industrail trait would be best for us.
Old November 8, 2002, 14:39   #34
Spiffor

Well, I say we should all list our first choices of a Civ, to know precisely which we want.

Mine are :
1) Carthage
2) Persia
3) Greece
Old November 8, 2002, 14:48   #35
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Ok, my choices are:

1) Carthage
2) Persia
3) Egypt
Old November 9, 2002, 01:02   #36
ZargonX
Emperor

Hey guys, do you think we should engage in a membership drive? We have the minimum of 5 right now, but it might be good to add just a few more people as a safety-net, as well as to add some new perspectives. Just thought I'd run that by everyone.

Build on!
Old November 9, 2002, 01:55   #37
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I would like to see more people join, but were would we find them? More people we have in our team the better.

My civs i like:
1.)Carthage
2.)Egyptians
3.)Ottomans
4.)Perisans
5.)Americans
Old November 9, 2002, 02:19   #38
Spiffor

Zargon, Jack : you're right. However, I don't know if being a builder team will be as much appealing as a team dedicated to Trash Trip's Ass

What I'd advise is to put a link to our sigs, which have a chance to be seen when posting on other forums (such as the PtW forum, the SP DemoGame forum, and the Multiplay forum).

But I wouldn't hire people too forcefully, because we shouldn't drag people with a limited interest in this long undertaking.
Old November 9, 2002, 16:23   #39
ZargonX
Emperor

The sig links sounds like a good idea; some subtle propoganda. Speaking of propoganda, I'd be interested in taking up the task of releasing reports of our activities to the other teams and public at large, as covered in the PBEM thread. I'm a writer by trade, and I just can't resist the urge to put out some high-level propoga- er, info.
Old November 9, 2002, 20:12   #40
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:33
our team (role-play) just chose Carthage as our primary choice... so I guess we'll end up in a game of papyrus-stone-flint with you guys (and anyone else who picks Carthage )
Old November 9, 2002, 20:14   #41
Spiffor

Should we poll on how we play rock-papyrus-flint against more than one opponent ?
Old November 9, 2002, 21:18   #42
ZargonX
Emperor

Well, if the lists are correct, it looks like we only have to compete with the RPers for Carthage. Though, the more I've been thinking about it, I think we may want to stick with either Egypt or Persia. But, that's up for team debate.
Old November 10, 2002, 23:53   #43
Jack_www
King

Well I have played a sp game with Carthage, and they are pretty good. Also there UU upgrades to musket men too. Right now I am almost out of the Middle ages and making 600 gold per turn. They are really good civ for a builder, trust me.
Old November 18, 2002, 09:09   #44
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Hi guys,

Can I join your team?
I'm a builder anyway so I think I'd fit well in your team.

I can't promise that I'll participate every day, (due to my work, internet connection, family, etc; you know, things we generically call "real life" ) so if that's a problem, I'm sorry, I'll skip the Demogame. Nevertheless, when I'll be able to, I'll play and help.

So?
--Woody Allen
Old November 18, 2002, 09:16   #45
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Old November 18, 2002, 09:25   #46
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Hehe, the credit for my application goes to Alva

Edited to avoid suspicions:
Alva told me about the Democracy game and invited me to join one of the teams. I've chosed Legoland because:
a) I am a builder
b) It has fewer members and the other teams are already overcrowded
--Woody Allen

Last edited by Tiberius; November 19, 2002 at 02:31.
Old November 18, 2002, 16:21   #47
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Manic : to what team do you belong exactly ?
well none right now.

I have been a fly on the wall trying to determine which team I am interested in.

I am inclined towards Legoland as I am generally a hardcore builder. However, I have been tending towards a more opportunistic (sp) aproach as of late.

As this beast is forming, I have been getting married, having parties and generally holding RL together, but I am just checking in to see what is up so I can make a choice.

Mss
Old November 19, 2002, 00:30   #48
Jack_www
King

Tiberius you can join, but you should have posted in the Legoland tread. I dont really checj this thread that much anymore since I made the new one. Sorry about the dealy, I just did not know you ask to join the team untill now. For everyone else please post in the legoland team thread if you want to join the team and not here since most of team does not check this thread anymore.
Old November 19, 2002, 04:00   #49
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by ManicStarSeed

well none right now.

I have been a fly on the wall trying to determine which team I am interested in.

I am inclined towards Legoland as I am generally a hardcore builder. However, I have been tending towards a more opportunistic (sp) aproach as of late.

As this beast is forming, I have been getting married, having parties and generally holding RL together, but I am just checking in to see what is up so I can make a choice.

Mss
Well, we don't talk much about our strategy or other matters in the public forum... For now, discussions in the private forum are :
-strategic (most threads are about strategy)
-concerning the customization of our Civ
-concerning the start of a mock Democracy Game in a few days.