Old November 6, 2002, 21:59   #1
wvfoos
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Diplomacy: What happens if...........
I have MPP with both country A and country B, and also A and B have a MPP with each other, and I declare war on country A? Does country B come in on my side? What if country A declares war on me first? Does B come in on my side or A's?
Old November 6, 2002, 23:09   #2
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 11:34
In a triangle of treaties like this the B will side with A if you attack in A's territory but will side with you if A attack you first in your territory.

As it implies it is a mutual protection not aggression pact and is triggered by hostilities in its allies land.

If you attack A's troops in your land then B does nothing same if A attacks you in its land. This is considered as defence not aggression.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old November 6, 2002, 23:21   #3
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:34
declare war, do nothing(or only kill units in your territory), make sure he attacks you in your territory(offer a token unit).
and voila, it's 2 against one.
ps: bombarding/pillaging his territory will set off the MPP too, so be carefull!!

(if you can get him to declare war on you, even better)
Old November 7, 2002, 00:13   #4
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 06:34
Do civs have to do this in MP, or is it completely up to the player? Has anyone gotten that far into a MP game yet?
Old November 7, 2002, 00:59   #5
miike
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:34
I did this a few weeks ago. I was playing with 5 AI civs. And basically, had MPPs with about 3 of them. The other AI civs had a bunch of other MPPs. I made the 3 MPPs, and then declared war on a different civ. Well, all the Civs that had signed a MPP with me, stayed by my side. And it was me, and the 3 other civs, against the other 2. It appeared to me at the time, that the civs may have stayed with me, because I had recently signed MPPs. At least, that is what it seemed like. Also, I was more powerful then the rest of the CIVs. So, maybe they wanted to side with the stronger civ. I don't exactly know.