Old November 7, 2002, 17:51   #1
SofaKing
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Releasing Worms into wild
Does anyone know the command to release worms into the wild? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
Old November 7, 2002, 18:07   #2
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 05:37
Ctrl-Shift-U, just like turning over control. If done in another faction's territory, you'll get a dialogue box giving the option to turn over control to the other faction (if you're not at V) or to release into the wild.
Old November 7, 2002, 18:13   #3
SofaKing
Chieftain

Excellent. Thanks alot.

On a side note, does the AI always take a unit given to them? I'm wondering if you could saddle an "ally" with a ton of useless 1-1 scouts to support.
Old November 7, 2002, 18:55   #4
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

There is no option to reject a given unit for AI or human.

I have had key facilities and units fall short of construction by a mineral or two (sometimes after spending a ton of ec to rush to the point that the produced minerals would finish it) because some overzealous AI decided I needed a few new units to defend my territory from aggression. This is particularly annoying when it's a base with high mineral output...

Short 2 minerals this turn. Next turn, only two of the 65 being produced are used, 10 are carried forward and 53 are lost! It's enough to make you swear off AI pactmates forever!
Old November 7, 2002, 20:54   #5
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 12:37
WOW! this is something I did not know about.
Old November 8, 2002, 02:36   #6
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 06:37
Thing is though, you can always disband those gifted units inside the nearest base and reap a harvest of minerals.

Ok, maybe not a 'harvest' per se...
Old November 8, 2002, 07:16   #7
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:37
I always rush a little farther than the just-made-it level. If I'm feeling the urge for µmgmt I rush right up to the carry-over limit. Never know when worms or enemies might bump your workers off high value tiles.
Old November 8, 2002, 10:09   #8
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

I also go for the "complete +10" level so that I can rush something next turn if need be.

An interesting strategy: dump tons of 1-1-1's inside the border of your ENEMY so that new construction at the nearest base is curtailed and their pile of missile noodles might get disbanded for lack of support. I'll have to test this one out . . .
Old November 9, 2002, 10:04   #9
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:37
I didn't think you could give units to enemies…
Old November 9, 2002, 18:34   #10
Clear Skies
Prince

AFAIK you can give units to anyone...not 100% on that though. I love giving AIs useless units that they haven't prototyped, which they then mass-produce...
Stupid AI...
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old November 10, 2002, 01:17   #11
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

You can't give units to somebody you're at Vendetta with. I tried once in a IP MP game. My carrier with PBs was 2 squares short of a key enemy base. I had a couple of units running around in that area...tearing up terraforming, threatening/killing fromers, that kind of thing..

Anyway, I tried to turn over one of the rovers so I could PB it and take out the base two squares away...no joy.

Also, there is a sometime bug in MP that prevents you from turning over control. AFAIK, nobody has ever been able to determine when it bites. All I can say is, don't ever have a plan turn on being able to do so. As soon as you need it most desperately, the bug will hit! Application of Murphy's Law, you know.
Old November 13, 2002, 06:08   #12
knowhow2
King

Local Time: 11:37
Quote:
Anyway, I tried to turn over one of the rovers so I could PB it and take out the base two squares away...no joy.

"Well John, you're doing it for the faction. And you're remeber the plan again, Pull the car aside the building and we put a nuclear missile on your head......."

Old November 14, 2002, 04:51   #13
MariOne
King

Local Time: 12:37
And don't forget: if you run, you'll give out our plan!
So, stay there, nod, smile and wave, all the way...
Old November 17, 2002, 16:27   #14
Vultur
Warlord

Local Time: 11:37
You can use "release into the wild" feature to do a couple of nice things:[list=1][*]Produce a lot of them, then release them near enemy bases: you'll see massive mindworm attack. (pro: No Vendetta. cons: MW invasion is not 100% efficent)[*]Put a single mindworm near the base you want to destroy. Release it to the wild. Planet Bust it the same turn. (pros: with no atrocity council proposal passed there is no vendetta. cons: none)[/list=1]