Old December 31, 2002, 22:47   #121
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 06:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thanks Darius, Greeny Happy New Year in England and you may proceed as the entire evil axis.
Old December 31, 2002, 22:59   #122
greeny
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 10:37
THANKS
Old December 31, 2002, 23:00   #123
greeny
Prince

WILL play tommorow, FAR too pissed right now
Old December 31, 2002, 23:16   #124
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by greeny
WILL play tommorow, FAR too pissed right now
Good for you mate!
Old January 1, 2003, 12:31   #125
greeny
Prince

OK, I've got over my hangover now

After Hiro Hito "accidentaly" drive his bicycle off a cliff, Adolf Hitler has assumed resposiblity for the Japanese empire.

Singapore gets even more cut off as Kuala Lumpa falls.
The advance into China continues with the ocupation of Hohot. Also an American trade covey in the south pacific has been sunk, this follows the destruction last month of 4 american trade coloums outside Leningrad.

Meanwhile in Europe a massive offensive by Army Group Center has captured the city of Voronez, driving a salient right through the heart of the USSR.

OK now Pavlov's turn
Attached Files:
File Type: zip axis1942mar.zip (89.6 KB, 2 views)
Old January 1, 2003, 12:53   #126
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Welcome back to the world of sobriety Greeny!
Old January 1, 2003, 13:13   #127
greeny
Prince

BTW Pap, when do we switch over to the Summer rule? and what changes to they make? My panzers are tired of being stuck in first gear
Old January 1, 2003, 13:37   #128
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 11:37
Umm, just want to get one thing straight, there is no house rule against techtrading right? As long as it's not for example 'British tanks'.

-Homer Simpson
Old January 1, 2003, 13:38   #129
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Pavlov
Umm, just want to get one thing straight, there is no house rule against techtrading right? As long as it's not for example 'British tanks'.
Hmmm I dont think so but the authority is Pap.
Old January 1, 2003, 13:40   #130
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by greeny
BTW Pap, when do we switch over to the Summer rule? and what changes to they make? My panzers are tired of being stuck in first gear
I BELIEVE next month but then again Pap is the answer man. He will be back today he is still sleeping off the hangover!
Old January 1, 2003, 14:05   #131
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Nothing to report
Attached Files:
File Type: zip china1942mar.zip (96.3 KB, 2 views)

-Homer Simpson
Old January 1, 2003, 15:14   #132
Pap1723
Prince

Local Time: 04:37
The Soviet Union will have to change the rules file for their next turn. They will start their turn normally and save it as 2194.sav. Then run 2194Days.bat and select option 2.

Pap
Old January 1, 2003, 15:24   #133
Pap1723
Prince

Sorry guys, no time for a real report...

Various Japanese vessels sank including a wounded Cruiser steaming home from Pearl Harbor and a transport laden with troops on its way to China.

Pap
Attached Files:
File Type: zip americans - march 1942.zip (96.3 KB, 5 views)
Old January 2, 2003, 14:34   #134
greeny
Prince

here are the senario files for the benefit of conmcb25
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 2194part1.zip (353.3 KB, 4 views)
Old January 2, 2003, 14:39   #135
greeny
Prince

and part 2
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 2174part2.zip (455.0 KB, 3 views)
Old January 2, 2003, 14:46   #136
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thank you my good man, I shall play immediately so we can get this PBEM going.
Old January 2, 2003, 14:49   #137
greeny
Prince

and part 3
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 2174part3.zip (463.8 KB, 3 views)
Old January 2, 2003, 15:18   #138
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Destroyed several Jap Planes and a sub in the Burma Theatre

Last edited by conmcb25; January 2, 2003 at 19:38.
Old January 2, 2003, 20:46   #139
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I need to talk to PAP on trading techs.

I have played some SP in this scenario and for insatnce I was able to trade with the Americans and get all kinds of Techs where I can build American planes, American Tanks, etc.

Not that may make sense for the USA and America since the Americans did supply Britian with a lot of equipment, but what about if the Japanese and Russians traded techs before they were at war?

Should the Japanese be able to build T-34's?

Or Japanese and Germans should the Japanese be able to build German Tanks?

How about in this game gifting techs to the Independants should they be able to build British Wellington Bombers for instance?

Pap thoughts?
Old January 3, 2003, 10:20   #140
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Here is the turn, I haven't Talked to Pap yet, but we will get this solved shortly.

It looks like in the science screen that all the techs that have a white highlight are Civ specific. Maybe the answer is to limit trading of those techs by a house rule?

Thoughts?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip britain_1942mar.zip (96.5 KB, 2 views)
Old January 3, 2003, 10:44   #141
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Here is the turn, I haven't Talked to Pap yet, but we will get this solved shortly.

It looks like in the science screen that all the techs that have a white highlight are Civ specific. Maybe the answer is to limit trading of those techs by a house rule?

Thoughts?
Since we're not allowed to gift units, I think civ-specific techs are off limits. The generic techs are a completely different question...

-Homer Simpson
Old January 3, 2003, 11:09   #142
Pap1723
Prince

I have no opposition to generic tech trading, but who is going to make sure it stays that way?

Pap
Old January 3, 2003, 11:31   #143
tanelorn
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 12:37
I totaly disagree.
Historicaly Spain built both He 111 and Bf 109's during the war and Sweden built Ju 86's.
Japan built a few 76mm armed tanks and many bf109 as well as buzz bomb derivatives (the okha kamikazee manned missle).
The USSR got tens of thousands of allied tanks and aircraft, through lend-lease, and gave yaks to the free French.
China relied solely on allied hand-overs by the allies, flown over the Himalayas and actualy built hundreds of polikarpovs on its own.
Iran got Hurricanes, Brazil got P47's to stay with the allies.
If two players agree to swap techs between them, there should be no reason for them not to. This is the beauty of PBEMs, human cooperation and unpredictability.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip neutrals1942mar.zip (96.6 KB, 2 views)
Old January 3, 2003, 12:42   #144
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Sounds like we need to have a discussion about this Tanelorn and Pap.

I agree this could work for the Nuetrals but waht about the Japanese bulding T-34 tanks?

So I believe you "Totally" disagreeing is a little strong.

Maybe Pap and I should look at Techs and come up with proposed house rules.

If you guys have any ideas share them here.

Or maybe we should start a new thread in the scenario creation forum?
Old January 3, 2003, 12:51   #145
Pap1723
Prince

This is a tough call...

I don't know what to say about much of this. I designed it the way I did to give different strengths to different Civs, granted, the Neutrals have almost nothing, but I don't know about trading.

We can have a vote here.

Pap
Old January 3, 2003, 13:34   #146
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 07:37
More Victories for the Red Air Force!

Grozny.- Airmen in several Grozny airfields were personally visited by Comrade Stalin himself to award several medals for valour, as fighter bombers from Grozny and Baku supported by fighters from Stalingrad wiped out an entire German army group before it detrained to continue its offensive into the Caucasus. The destruction of over fifteen German divisions or armour and artillery on the railtracks on the approach to Grozny has been celebrated by the Politburo. It is hoped that the destruction of these units will force the German offensive in the south to be halted at least momentarily, buying precious time for the Russian to regroup their forces in preparation of renewed German attacks that are to be expected.

The news has delighted Comrade Stalin, who has inspected facilities where these marvel weapons of communism are being produced and has awarded the designed a decoration for his superb weapon that, it is deemed, will save communism from the fascist German pigs.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip sovietturn4.zip (89.9 KB, 2 views)
Old January 3, 2003, 13:36   #147
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 07:37
Well, if I start getting shermans for free via event I won't complain.
Old January 3, 2003, 16:58   #148
greeny
Prince

April report:

In a bold move, recalling the great victory of Pearl Harbor the Soviet port of Vladivostok was assulted from the air and then occupied by Forces of the Empire of Japan, 30 minutes later the Ambassidor to Moscow delivered the declaration of war. Other cites in siberia have been bombed and the Trans-siberian raliway cut in many places. In South East Asia, the American occupied city of Palembang surrendered without a fight after the bombing campain of last month.

THE VOLGA IS REACHED!
proclamed the German ministry of propagana today as Army Group Center continued it's advance into the heart of Russia helped by the new period of good weather, capturing the important city of Saratov on the Volga destroying many divisions of the Red Army. Also in this anouncement the Adolf Hitler made a point of informing the Soviet leader that the armoured coloum destroyed by air attack eariler this month, "was only the leading elements of Army Group South, so there"

In North Africa Rommel has reported that Algiers has been recaptured.

To clarify EVERONE needs to run 2174.bat and select part 2 in order for the correct changes to be made.

On the technology side, I have no problem at all with generic techs being traded, and i dont mind country specific tech being traded particulary, as how else can things like the Lend-Lease be simulated?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip axis1942apr.zip (90.2 KB, 2 views)
Old January 3, 2003, 17:58   #149
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Nothing special
Attached Files:
File Type: zip china1942apr.zip (96.9 KB, 2 views)

-Homer Simpson
Old January 4, 2003, 07:17   #150
tanelorn
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 12:37
Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Well, if I start getting shermans for free via event I won't complain.
Thumbs up, expect to see it in v0.8 (shermans for UK-USSR).