Old November 7, 2002, 20:37   #1
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 10:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Questions regarding PtW editor and Corruption!
Hi guys,

Though I said once that I'm lucky being here in Australia, coz we usually get your computer games AFTER they've had most of the bugs removed , I still sometimes feel envious that we've still got about a month to go before PtW gets to our "little backwater" .
The reason is that I'd just LOVE to know how much the PtW editor is improved over the one provided in patch 1.29f
My main question regarding the editor is in relation to the ability to give Small/Great wonders Civ-Wide effects-beyond happiness. What I want to do is have a number of "capital buildings" which increase the overall productivity and scientific output of your empire, as well as reducing corruption and War Weariness, but which have to be built in your Capital (i.e. require a palace to build). Some examples I've thought of are Parliament, Senate, Federal Police, Supreme Court, National Library, National War Memorial, National Monument, PolitBeuro (for Communism), Secret Police (Again for Communism and Fascism). I could go on all day!
So, what I want to know is, can you now give Small Wonders (or great wonders) the ability to reduce corruption and War weariness on a Civ-Wide scale? Also, can you give Small/Great Wonders the ability to increase production, science and commerce on a civ-wide basis? Even if you cannot do so correctly, could you create the same effect via a back-door method (such as "counts as improvement X in every city") with the new editor?
Anyway, any answers you guys could give me would be enormously helpful!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old November 7, 2002, 20:53   #2
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:37
Yes you can. And couldn't you always do this?

Sell your photos
Old November 7, 2002, 22:21   #3
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Well, I know you couldn't do it before, with the old "hacked" editor-though that might be just because it was unsupported! I found that out when I sent in a whole host of ideas for the "all-encompassing-mod". When I got feedback telling me that most of the Civ-wide stuff was beyond the editors capability, I didn't really try it when I finally got the game. I confess that I also never thought to try it after the editor patch!
OK Sheik, if you can do it, can I please ask you "HOW"? Ideally, for the corruption stuff, I'd love to have an "increases optimal number of cities" flag-that would truly rock!! I confess that my computer doesn't currently work, so could you please give us a quick, "blow-by-blow", run-down of how I might create a small wonder which has the following traits: Requires Palace, min. 12 cities (std map); Reduces corruption and war weariness in all cities on same continent; +1 production in all cities on same continent.
Please, help this computer llliterate in his mod-making efforts .

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old November 7, 2002, 22:39   #4
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 04:37
The reduce corruption (ala the Forbidden Palace Center of Empire) isn't available since several patches ago. You can make buildings have the reduce corruption (ala Courthouse).

I will look at Play the World when I get home tonight.
Old November 7, 2002, 22:51   #5
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:37
First we give it the small wonder flag.
Then we say you need the palace to build
Now it gets tricky. Minimum 12 cities I dont think you can do.
We can say: reduce war weariness in all cities and can give it +1 production.

Now this where we need to compromise:

If you wanted we could make it a wonder and then could create an imporvement that gives +1 production, and reduces corruption and war weariness. The we tell the original wonder to place this in all cities in the same continent. It can still require a palace or if you want to compromise further we could have it require 12 of another structure and then it would be buildable to all cities but you would be making sure the civ had at least 12 cities.

An increase optimal # of cities would be great.

---------------------------

So overall you can do some of things you want and maybe all (I am not the best at this stuff) all it takes is creative ways of going about it.
---------------------------

If anyone else has anything to add please do.

Sell your photos
Old November 8, 2002, 01:00   #6
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Thanks for the info Sheik, it'll come in really handy once I get PtW!! I must say that it's such a shame that you have to resort to a compromise (I actually thought it might come to that!) When they said that they were removing a lot of the hardcoding for the editor, I thought that they might include stuff like that, too! After all, if you can have continental hapiness effects, then why not continental production bonuses? Speaking of which, will the same compromise by neccessary for continent wide science and commerce bonuses?
The 12 city minimum restriction I referred to above is based on the 8 city minimum required to build the forbidden palace! I was hoping that they might have removed the hardcoding for that, and that I might be able to apply a minimum city flag to my small wonder requirement! Oh well, I'll wait and see when I get PtW. If the editor is REALLY good, then look forward to a massive Mod (over 200 buildings, 200 units and nearly 60-odd resources-I just hope it's not too much for the game to handle ).
Oh, on a final note, what's the current limit, in PtW, on new techs? It used to be 11 only, but I had hoped that they had lifted that number a bit. Again, any info you have would be very much appreciated!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker
Old November 11, 2002, 19:17   #7
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

BUMP .