Old November 7, 2002, 22:53   #1
twilight
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ideas for the next patch/game
Hi,

some things I noticed and some ideas I ever wanted to share with you

What do you think about it? I would be glad If anyone would answer.

1) Ever thought to integrate religions to the game? If for example the Osmans attack the german empire, the chance is greater that some other christian countrys help against it. In this case you could integrate some other things:

The Pope! Yes, it's true, it could work. Remember Alpha Centauri? You develop Monotheism, then all ten round (or something like that) all countries of a single flag would elect a religious leader. Every nation has a vote and some would candidate, others not. Or perhaps only the strongest like in Master of Orion. The could call crusades or assembly the others to vote on that when a christian country is attacked by another religion. I don't know enough about the other religions but there are sure some religious chiefs we could use.

Then the game goes on. After developing modern times the pope is not of any interest for nations anymore, but then there are the United Nations, the Arabian Liga, the Nato and whatever. For example: The Warsaw Pact (spelled right??) attack Germany, of course the Nato attacks too. Or Saddams attacks Kuweyt and the Uno ordered the rest of the world to declare war.

Of course no one have to follow this order. But in this case these countries are less liked by the others. But it could be better. (please remember, this is fictional) Saddam could speak with his neighbours, the arabian liga and perhaps they decleare themselves war against the west. So you would be able to play in Multination-Wars. In the moment this is a rare thing or better: The sioux, the english and chinese declare war on the spanish, the germans and aborigines. Whereever or whatever they are. It could be more ... historical.

1b) In this case it would be great if you could flag special nations to work together. Like the Axis or the Allies in the WW2.

2) Different relations related to the distance of countries. It's disturbing playing the Romans and then being attacked by the chinese, is'nt it ;-) Perhaps it could be developed this way: After (enter a number) tiles a country is of no diplomatic interest to another. This number decreases with special technologies. In the modern world this number is infinite. Then there is no problem anymore when China attacks Rome. But not in the middleages.

4) Exept one: Rome in modern times. Is'nt it possible to rename nations in different times? From Rome to Italy. Would be more funny I think.

5) What is with the old concept of the broken Empires, if the Capital is conquered? WOuld be funny too. I never noticed it in CivIII.

6) Great develooment, the political or cultural zones. But when I go to another nation's city and destroy it, then it can happen that another nation reached this location with it's own zone of influence in the same round. This is disturbing. I imagine Caesar destroying some german camps, then a roman settler want to build a city but Gallia reminds him, that this is their territory. ---> War. But the worst is: You are the aggressor !

7) Ever noticed that cities are for the ai of none interest when trading? Offer any ai you whole f***ing empire for only one little goldpiece, they are insulted.

8) The culturel overtake of cities is a nice idea, also the ownership-switch of cities. Of course they want back to their old nations. But why three turns after I conquered it, when my 50 armies are still there to heal? It would be okay if there would appear guerillas like in CivII, okay, masses of them, why not. But not this way. BTW: How can I stop the game to do this? Any idea?

I think it is the wrong concept. Not the cities have to change the ownership, there have to appear units in the game which offers a new idea:

9) Where is the eventslist of CivII? "Create Unit "..." 23,99). Where is the possibility to do REAL Scenarios. This is a real problem. Of course CivIII is in not few aspects better than CivII but in other ones much worse.

AND I want more plains, like in Test of time. It was a heavenly moment when my spaceshuttle goes to the orbit, a whole new plain, someday I would settle the planets but now I was the first seeing the whole new map, nobody entered before. It was only me in the dark everlasting night of the universe ....

It's a pity it's not possible.

10) The trading problems: It seems that no nation is really interested in ressources. Okay, sometimes a nation comes and threatens me to give him some of my oil or uranium. What does that mean? --->I<--- am the one with the oil or superbombs. No one threatens me
:-) But never they come to buy it from me, even when I am the only one having it. I noticed this, when I gave oil only to few civs. For example oil only exists in desert regions, so the arabian countries were the great nations and the euorpeans were the backyard of the world, not of any importance. And so the other ressources. When I got some ressources to sold, I must have luck to be able to sell them, because 1) no one want them 2) no one has money. It's true. I never noticed that any nation saved money. So:

11) Please let the AI save money! It's disgusting seeing big nations having no money. If you want to blackmail them, selling them something or whatever they never have enough money. SOmetimes I have 50.000 or something like that and the ai only a few hundreds.

12) AND they never give you anything valuable if they want you to attack their enemys. I have to pay much gold to "buy" them, but they expect me to do it for free or give me a few goldpieces or something like that.

13) WHERE ARE THE SUPERBOMBS FROM ALPHA CENTAURI!!!!
I remember the first time i used them. I was in the radius ...

14) The kings could decrease corruption. Is that possible? In this way you could create some units called judges/Vice-king/Lordprotektor and so on. Or they could gave combatboni. In CivII it was possible (the fortify-all-flag).

15) What about a "world bank". If you have money, you could give it away, some other can ... (is borrow the right term) and they pay for it. Only an idea.

16) Very disturbing the following. Imagine: You have 1000 Spearmen but no iron to make them to Pikemen. You speak with another nation and then you have the right to use its iron for 20 rounds. When you have enough gold the next round your thousand Spearmen are Pikemen. WOuld'nt it be more interesting if you can only use an special ammount of iron? You could upgrade 10 Spearmen a round OR build 3 Destroyer OR only one Battleship, because that is very much iron you need. When you have two ironressources you can build two Battleships and so on. Would be cool to give for example a special mountain many irons, it would be a very very very valuable ressourcecenter and it could be a reason for war or a reason to draw your armies in this region in an existing war. But in the moment any iron, even very few of it, is enough to build millions of knights in the same round and you cannot damage the ai if you destroy some iron-mines when he have one iron more.

17)Why you can't destroy your own cities in PTW? (I only played the regicide so far). I hope this is not the same in the regular game.

18) I would love problems with my own cities. Perhaps unhappy cities let appear peasant-Barbarians.

19) In modern times I want Barbarians with Kalashnikovs.... It is amusing to see my armors destroy sword-wearing barbarians, but not so much ;-)
They must develop weapons too. Or use the weapons of the last epoche. When you got modern infantry, they have riflemen or something like that. That could be a problem for near nations. When they are in the middleages and you are in the modern times, then your barbarians are a real threat to them.

20) It should be possible to work on the barbarian ai. In a scenarion I put hundreds of camps in the desert and hundreds of barbarians attack my borders. But the onley attack one or two of my cities, the nearest I think. So these cities were not destroyed but couldn't develop, but the rest of my empire was safe. Not much fun, because I looked forward to defend my whole empire.

21) And perhaps they sometimes conquer cities? Like in CivII? Don't know. What do you think? Is it better now? Of course sometimes it's cool, but on the other hand I would be lucky to see nations appearing. After getting a few cities they could be a new player. What about that?

22) And according to some points I written: if it would be possible to let units appear, you could let die nations. Perhaps the Romans got at some points the problem, that everywhere german/french/english/spanish units appear. When they succed to conquer some cities, the new european nations were born. But perhaps Rome survives and succeeds to defend itselves and history is changed.

So far a few ideas. Perhaps a programmer read this and like the one or another.