Old February 23, 2000, 17:35   #1
Ishamael
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
opinions on challange idea
wouldn't this "Miser Challange" work (sorry if this idea is already proposed elsewhere)? simply play MORGAN (yep, he gets one now) and go the whole game without rushbuilding anything. variations are discussed below, if someone wants to make an official map or rules/opponents list for this go ahead. win only by transcendance, certainly NOT by economic

variations that are...

harder:

no boreholes, mandatory power se (conquest is not a route to victory and everything gets slowwed down), starting with adv. mil. algorithms (see previous), possible constraints on using money in diplomacy, no changing econ/lab/psych ratings or doing so only as much as does not give you a penalty for your efficiency rating, mandatory FM (so you have more worthless money), no mind controling citiies, no anything else that uses money constructively or destructively or does anything with it but leave it sitting in the miser's coffers. if you want to go extreme you could make a rule that starting in my 2200 or later you have to mandatorily sell off a facility per turn so long as you have one, but that would really reak. whatever ya' want.

easier:

can rushbuild emergency defenders, can rush build first item produced in new/taken over city, can do any/all of the stuff that was considered illegal above (except rush-build)

while getting better, I am only throwing this idea out to the experts, and do not profess to lead the way in pioneering it, though if my skills become sufficient, I may give it a shot later.
Old February 23, 2000, 17:36   #2
Ishamael
Chieftain

and please forgive my probably numerous typoes, writing fast
Old February 26, 2000, 00:06   #3
Ishamael
Chieftain

no comments? that worthless an idea?
Old February 27, 2000, 17:15   #4
Enigma
Prince

I wouldn't play it personally, but make sure to include a rule that you can't increase your tech allocation really high, because essentially Morgan under those circumstances would just be the UoP.
Old February 27, 2000, 18:12   #5
RedFred
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 18:38
Local Date: October 30, 2010
No, not a worthless idea at all. I am not sure that it would be a whole lot harder than a regular game though.