Old November 8, 2002, 00:35   #1
Bort
Settler

Local Time: 04:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Play without the New Orions?
Is there going to be an option to play without the New Orions or the Antarians... to play standard a la MOO1 style?
We therefore post, that individual attitudes are the poduct of an interaction between two fundamental sets of determinants: (1) the stimuli and reinforcements present in the current environment, and (2) the residue of previous learning experiences, which selectively influence the particular attitude-cues in the current social environment attended to, and accepted or rejected, is of little consequence.
Bort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2002, 03:49   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:38
Well you could turn off the Antarians, so I would think so.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2002, 06:57   #3
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 11:38
The backhistory, search for the five 'X' and the existence of the Harvesters isn't going to hang together without the Antarrans and New Orions but I suppose its possible you may be able to play that way. I suspect the game will play a lot better with pressure from these more powerful outside forces but we will have to see. If the Great White fleet stomps my head once too often then I may end up wanting such an on/off switch myself.
Old November 8, 2002, 13:15   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:38
I have no clue about how it will be in Moo3. In Moo2, the anatarians were fun for awhile, but they become just a trivial annoyance as they never do any damage. The first 3 to 4 visits on impossible go to others and then they come for the human exclusively. At this point they are too small and weak to matter. The only value they serve is to allow me to end the game if I get bored, by whacking their home fleet.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2002, 13:26   #5
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 11:38
Once I learned how to play the game well I agree they were of little account. They did give me a hard time in my first few games, especially if they showed up when my automatic defences had just upgraded to the guns that they were invulnerable to
Old November 8, 2002, 13:47   #6
Rantz
Quicksilver

Local Time: 10:38
Re: Play without the New Orions?
Quote:
Originally posted by Bort
Is there going to be an option to play without the New Orions or the Antarians... to play standard a la MOO1 style?
you can't play without them, but the game mechanics for them are different from MOO1 -2 in terms of they won't just be randomly attacking for no reason. the New Orion / Antarans are much more 'don't attack until provoked' hence how you can win opting for a non-militaristic strategy.
Rantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2002, 14:42   #7
Bort
Settler

Local Time: 04:38
I was thinking, that it would help give players a varied experience if...the powers that be were not always the same...if one could turn off Orion to actually give the illusion of a different Galaxy. Plus I kinda like the idea of many races competing on even footing for a galaxy that is, largely uninhabited...I don't like the thought of exploring and finding that all the Ultra Rich and Artifact planets are occupied by an infinitely more advanced race.

another question...what kind of role will minor races play...if any?

and is QS going to open forums for suggestions concerning an expansion? (I ain't the smartest man so maybe I should ask this after the 26th)
We therefore post, that individual attitudes are the poduct of an interaction between two fundamental sets of determinants: (1) the stimuli and reinforcements present in the current environment, and (2) the residue of previous learning experiences, which selectively influence the particular attitude-cues in the current social environment attended to, and accepted or rejected, is of little consequence.
Bort is offline   Reply With Quote