Old November 13, 2002, 23:41   #121
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 12:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yet it outlasted the Western Empire by 1000 years and was unique.

Russia is the largest Orthodox nation in the world and did a lot. We invented the brand. But there is no separation on who's done more. Void statement.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:42   #122
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 05:40
BTW, I'm still looking for an instance when Greece kicked America's ass. N 17 are common criminals. But i guess those kinds of people are popular in Greece
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 13, 2002, 23:44   #123
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Yet it outlasted the Western Empire by 1000 years.

Russia is the largest Orthodox nation in the world. We invented the brand.
Is this how Greece kicked America's ass? I don't get the connection.

Wasn't the empire based in Turkey? So I guess Greece was a provence then. Kind of like it was under the Ottomons.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 13, 2002, 23:47   #124
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Besides 17N, Greece kicked American ass when it overthrew the dictatorship the US was supporting.

Gave ample support to the Palestinian cause despite the froam of the mouth of the Americans, gave leverage and European voice to Quadaffi, forged bilateral relations with USSR to counter US influence and leverage to its enemies and left the military side of NATO for 10 years. (Hi Papandreou!)

Capital was still Contantinople. So I wouldn't call it a province. More like the center.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:50   #125
Sprayber
Emperor

Lets Keep a list. You claim these accomplishments

1. N 17- group of thugs that murder foreigners and pretend to have a moral agenda

2. Eastern Orthodox Christianity- Flourished in another country with different culture.

3. Byzantium- Started out as eastern branch of Roman Empire, and based in modern day Turkey with Greece as a province.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:51   #126
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Wrong assessments.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:53   #127
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Besides 17N, Greece kicked American ass when it overthrew the dictatorship the US was supporting.
so you support murderers that claim a political agenda?

Quote:
Gave ample support to the Palestinian cause despite the froam of the mouth of the Americans, gave leverage and European voice to Quadaffi, forged bilateral relations with USSR to counter US influence and leverage to its enemies. (Hi Papandreou!)
You mean when they did things like murder jewish athleates, hyjacking planes, and takaing over a cruise ship where they murdered a man in a wheelchair and pushed him overboard because he had a jewish name. Are these the things that N 17 helped in ?
Old November 13, 2002, 23:54   #128
Bereta_Eder
Settler

1. 17N had an agenda. They killed imperialists.

2. Orthodoxy flourished in Byzantium. Then it was the time of Russia.

3. Byzantium had all the Balkans and Turkey.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:54   #129
Sprayber
Emperor

Tell us how the Greeks stopped the Turks in Cyprus?
Old November 13, 2002, 23:54   #130
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Palestinian cause = liberating Palestine.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:55   #131
Sprayber
Emperor

So you support N 17 Murders?
Old November 13, 2002, 23:56   #132
Bereta_Eder
Settler

They stopped them and kept 2/3 of the island. Britain was guaranteeing power and did nothing, US helped the Turks.

Pretty good against these odds even more so considering Cyprus is at the other edge of Turkey.

Of course if Greece wasn't ruled by a US backed dictatorship Cyprus would still be all Greek.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:56   #133
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Palestinian cause = liberating Palestine.
Palestinian cause = liberating Palestine while killing as many jews whenever and wherever they can.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:57   #134
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
They stopped them and kept 2/3 of the island. Britain was guaranteeing power and did nothing, US helped th Turks.
That is known as a draw. Turks got what they wanted. Has the Greeks?
Old November 14, 2002, 00:00   #135
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Turks wanted another state. They never got it. Noone recognized the occupied part as a state and it is filled with Turks (former Cyprus minority and others) living in conditions of extreme poverty.

Greece wants Cyprus as one with Greece.

Cyprus enters the EU in 2004.
Old November 14, 2002, 00:02   #136
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Turks wanted another state. They never got it. Noone recognized the occupied part as a state and it is filled with Turks (former minority and others) living in conditions of extreme poverty.

The US didnt recognize the Baltic countries as a part of the USSR either but that didnt mean **** did it?
Old November 14, 2002, 00:02   #137
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Old November 14, 2002, 00:03   #138
Bereta_Eder
Settler

It does in this circumstance. The occupied part might just not have existed. It is "invisible" in the eyes of the world. (Untill it is re Hellenized through any means. Propably economic).
Old November 14, 2002, 00:06   #139
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
It is "invisible" in the eyes of the world.
Kind of like Greece in the past 500-1000 years?

oh im sorry, except for N 17. I hope N 17 dont start going after plane spotters. Bad for the Britts and Dutch
Old November 14, 2002, 00:08   #140
Bereta_Eder
Settler

And we're such a tiny country
Old November 14, 2002, 00:10   #141
Bereta_Eder
Settler

No, we go after planespotters ourselves.

Greece was always there and on prominent level from 5.000 BC onward. Anceint Greece, Hellenistic times, Byzantium, enslaved but richest part of Ottoman Empire, Greece now.

As the saying goes:

Greece never dies.

(now can I play nintendo?)
Old November 14, 2002, 00:14   #142
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
And we're such a tiny country
Not all that is tiny from what your neighbors say.

Quote:
Greece was always there and on prominent level from 5.000 BC onward. Anceint Greece, Hellenistic times, Byzantium, enslaved but richest part of Ottoman Empire, Greece now.

As the saying goes:

Greece never dies.
Mongolia can say the same thing so your not that special.
Old November 14, 2002, 00:17   #143
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Yeah but Mongols aren't as cute.

Our neighboors are a little bit jealous.
Old November 14, 2002, 01:43   #144
Ironikinit
Prince

Quote:
And who told that they don't gave an anti-dote immediently? As far as I know, doctors signed a special paper- an official promise to don't expose state secret information to anyone. Without proper medicine all of the hostages more probably would be dead now.
A **** about "no info, no antidote, authories sucks" was spreading by people, who more probably never saw wounded hostages.
Well, if what you say is true, then your government should prove it, because all the news reports I've seen state clearly that the Russian government refused to say what gas was used and that people died because of it. Further, there was footage of victims waiting on buses because there weren't enough ambulances. Basically, you have a choice between your government being too incompetent to foresee what was going to happen or too incompetent to get the true story across. Additionally, when Russian authorities refused to say what gas they used, they created the reasonable suspicion that they did so because the gas was an illegal nerve gas.

Not to mention the reports that a Chechen spy in the Russian government was in contact with the hostage takers the whole time.

As for the charge that Russians sell arms to terrorists, I'm not sure what instance the poster was talking about, but it was reported here that Chechen rebels regularly buy weapons from Russian soldiers. Not that I blame the soldiers. According to the report and other sources, they just as regularly go without pay.

Lastly, I'm waiting on you to thank me for giving an instance of a European country more often invaded than Russia. You did ask for one, then ignored my input. It's a shame to go through life with blinders on.
Old November 15, 2002, 04:59   #145
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah but Mongols aren't as cute.

Our neighboors are a little bit jealous.
Quote:
3. Byzantium had all the Balkans and Turkey.
Only in the times of glory. Definitely, the base of Roman Empire after Heraclius was Anatoly, and Greece, even when it was all under Roman rule, was for a looooong
time only one of the poorer and less important provinces.

Quote:
Palestinian cause = liberating Palestine while killing as many jews whenever and wherever they can.
Strangely, Israeli cause s to occupy Palestine while killing as many Palestinians as they can.
Look at the score; Israelis kill much more Palestinians than Palestinians Israelis.

P.S.
I'm wondering what was the base word for my grandma's surname... It was Tessarska.
Word tessar comes of greek 4 it seems.
That would be nice.
Of course it is as probable as anything else.
Old November 15, 2002, 05:03   #146
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 17:40
Quote:
Originally posted by Ironikinit
Well, if what you say is true, then your government should prove it, because all the news reports I've seen state clearly that the Russian government refused to say what gas was used and that people died because of it.
It only shows how much your western media sucks being totaly biased and totaly anti-Russian. Why should one trust to media which use any words for terrorists, but not in any case call them "terrorists". Show me ONE, SINGLE CNN article where "people" who captured several hundreds of hostages were called "TERRORISTS". I guess you can't show me such article. In every article of your western mass-media I've read, authors call them a "gunmen", a "rebels", etc. I never saw a SINGLE article where they called TERRORISTS. And you are trying to say that your media is unbiased?
If for example I'am consider myself as unbiased and I see big pile of sh*t, I would say that I see SH*T, not "big pile of brown substance" or something of that kind. The same about terrorists, when I see "people" who wearing black masks, holding asssult rifles and threaten to blow-up the theater and kill several hundreds of inocent people, including 6-8 years old children if their demands wouldn't be fullfiled, then I would call those guys TERRORISTS, not "rebels", "gunmen" or something, because difference between 'terrorists' and 'rebels' is the same as between 'sh*t' and "pile of brown substance".
I bet your media never showed interview with doctors who were in theater when operation was just over. A real witnesses who really know how evacuation was going.
I guess your media prefer loud statements and gossips which match "bad Russians sucks" stereotype.

Quote:
Further, there was footage of victims waiting on buses because there weren't enough ambulances.
You saw foto? Great. I was chained to TV all three days and saw everything on-line. Those people didn't waited in buses. They were evacuated in buses to nearest hospitals. Can you imagine about 800 unconeasious (I hate this word and its spelling, I know I typed it wrong. I mean senseless, unable to move) people? Can you imagine 800+ ambulances? Do you have any idea that theater was full of explosives and could blow to the sky every second, because no one could guaranty that ALL bombs were disabled. In such situation first goal is to evacuate all people from dangerous area as soon as posible. It's obvious.

The people who had light intoxication were evacuated on buses. The people who had serious injuries were evacuated on ambulances. It's total bullsh*t that there weren't enough ambulances. I repeat I saw it on-line and saw several EMPTY ambulances and empty buses which leaved the theater's square. It means that there were more then enough ambulances.
Quote:
Basically, you have a choice between your government being too incompetent to foresee what was going to happen or too incompetent to get the true story across.
My government did their best to save hostages and it saved hundreds of them, absolutely majority, more then 85%. Every ex-hostages who survived thanks government for their actions, because they absolutely sure that without storm and without gas which was used all of them would be dead now.
My people do not bash our government, because we understand that they did right thing. We are in sorrow because of killed people, but we consider that TERRORISTS who took them hostages are responsible for their deaths, not our government. Our government had no choice. And we don't care what you think, because you would complain in any case. If Russians did nothing to save hostages and continue to talk with terrorists it would ended as big bloodbath after explosion and you would complain that Russian did nothing to save at least part, at least few hostages.
Now when it successfully ended, SUCCESSFULLY by YOUR WESTERN STANDARDS, by your standards storm consider as successfull if during storm less then 20% of hostages were lost. We lost less then 15% in circamstances which special forces of all countries of the world never saw before. (Could you name me a single exmple when 50 terrorists hold 800+ hostages in building full of explosives?)
And you still complain that it was f*ck-up.
I don't care what you guys think. For me it's more important that hundreds of people were saved.
Quote:
Additionally, when Russian authorities refused to say what gas they used, they created the reasonable suspicion that they did so because the gas was an illegal nerve gas.
The gas was exposed to public on official mission de-brefeing. The case is closed. You think they exposed gas to public, but didn't gave the same info to doctors a day or two before? Where is logic?
Quote:
Not to mention the reports that a Chechen spy in the Russian government was in contact with the hostage takers the whole time.

In government? A spy?
never heard about this. Really funny
Quote:
As for the charge that Russians sell arms to terrorists, I'm not sure what instance the poster was talking about, but it was reported here that Chechen rebels regularly buy weapons from Russian soldiers. Not that I blame the soldiers. According to the report and other sources, they just as regularly go without pay.
Yeah, right, soldiers on battlelfeild. "Ammo, ammo, who wants some ammo, special prices here. Ammo...ammo..who wants some ammo?"
Quote:
Lastly, I'm waiting on you to thank me for giving an instance of a European country more often invaded than Russia. You did ask for one, then ignored my input.
Well, thank you very much, but actually I don't think that Belgium was invaded more often then Russia and saw so much misery as Russia saw. Did they lost millions in combined civil war+intervetion of 14 foreign countries at the same moment, like Russians did almost 100 years ago? Did they lost 27 millions in WW2 and saw SUCH occupation as Russians saw on their lands when half of the country was completely burned. Did they saw 20+ wars per century during medieval/post medieval periods? And finally did they saw 300 years of Mongol occupation? If so, then I'm completely wrong. Please educate me, I'll be very gratefull if you'll prove that I'm wrong.
And don't get me wrong please. I'm not saying that other countries didn't saw wars and misery which wars brings. I'm saying that Russia saw HUGE amount of them. Peacefull periods in our history are really tiny. We always fight with somebody and please remember that I bring this argument only in attempt to explain "we" thing in our mentality.
Quote:
It's a shame to go through life with blinders on.
Yep, put yours off

Last edited by Serb; November 15, 2002 at 06:01.
Old November 15, 2002, 05:07   #147
Serb
Emperor

Oh, my favored Russia-basher here.
What you was doing all this time, thought how to corrupt my name in different manner?

Quote:
P.S.
I'm wondering what was the base word for my grandma's surname... It was Tessarska.
Word tessar comes of greek 4 it seems.
That would be nice.
Of course it is as probable as anything else.
And your nick name obviously comes from Russian
Old November 15, 2002, 05:08   #148
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 10:40
Quote:
The same about terrorists, when I see "people" who wearing black mask, holding assult rifles and threated to blow-up the theater with several hundreds of inocent people, including 6-8 years old children if their demands wouldn't be fullfiled
Really? I call them ATF and FBI agents at Waco
Old November 15, 2002, 05:27   #149
Serb
Emperor

Is this how your special services are working, threaten to kill hostages if their demands wouldn't be fullfiled?
A revolutionary method, please tell me more.
Old November 15, 2002, 05:34   #150
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 10:40
Well, at Waco, FBI and ATF agents were wearing black masks, carrying assault rifles, and threatening to assault and burn down a building full of innocent people, including women and children, if their demands weren't met.