View Poll Results: Should any unit have lethal bombardment? (Unofficial, 6 days)
Yes 5 33.33%
No 10 66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8, 2002, 16:00   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Mod Issue: Bombardment
Okay, people don't seem to like mods, but those who've spoken out on lethal bombardment like the idea. Okay, should we have lethal bombardment for any units then? (unofficial)
Old November 8, 2002, 16:10   #2
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 05:41
Let’s play vanilla Civ, a game we all know, not somebody’s rule mod that they’ve learned how to exploit (or is best for someone’s particular way of playing). I’m all about moding, but I really don’t think that this is the place. Lethal bombardment is a SERIOUS rule change and will require further balancing (e.g. Korean UU already has LB, so we’re de-valuing this unit, same with cruse missiles, de-valuing defensive units and UUs, and creating a comparative advantage for fast units and UUs just to name a few). Let’s not open Pandora’s box.
Old November 8, 2002, 16:16   #3
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

As I have said before, lets keep the game unmodded
I definately dont want lethal bombarded for air/sea artillery/radar artillery because It would allow the opportunity for someone to attack from sea/their own territory and kill all the units in a city before any kind of land unit battle
Old November 8, 2002, 16:22   #4
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 10:41
I agree with Randolph on this one.

This isn't the time to experiment with mods.
Old November 8, 2002, 17:23   #5
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 06:41
Agreed. No mods.
Old November 8, 2002, 18:13   #6
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 04:41
I just got a good look at your signature, punkbass, and I think its factually incorrect. I don't know if we are pillaging and plundering the entire world. We certainly haven't done so to Canada; for some reason, you all won't let us
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old November 8, 2002, 18:27   #7
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

no mods