No 3 21.43%
No, because it is incomplete 4 28.57%
No, Write-in 1 7.14%
Write-in 0 0%
Abstain 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8, 2002, 16:44   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 10:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
amendment: first draft governers
i want to REMOVE from article I:
Quote:
Director of Energy and Industry:
Has the right of:
*Starting polls to ask the people what there wishes are in his area
*Ordering the commissioner to rushbuild, use money in trades, change worker placements, and move crawlers
*Advising any other part of the government
*Requesting crawlers and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.
*Polling Planetary Council decision on salvaging reactor core
*Polling Planetary Council decisions on Global Trade Pacts

Has the duties of:
*Listing to the will of the people in his area
*Giving his opinion to the director of foreign affairs about any talks, which effect his area, with other factions
*Serving his faction the best he can

This Director is responsible of the treasury expenditures, worker placements, and crawlers.

Director of Terraforming and Colonisation:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to move terraformers and colony pods
*Ordering the commissioner to design new TC units, disband old TC units and upgrade current TC units
*Requesting terraformers colony pods, and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.
*Polling Planetary Council decisions on raising and lowering sea levels

Has the duties of:

Director of Expansion and Terraforming commands all colony pods and terraformers

Director of Base production:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to build buildings and units
*Starting polls about Special Projects

Has the duties of:
*Choosing between various requests made by the directors
*Listing to the will of the people about the Special Projects
*Posting polls on how our bases should be named
and add to article I:

Quote:
Director of Regional affaires:
has the right of:
*mapping out regions in our faction
*assigning governers to those regions
*advising any governer on how he should run his region

has the duties of:
*giving general of specific guidelines to the governers about there regions affaires
*dividing formers and crawlers over regions
and also add this in article I

Quote:
Governers:
have the rights of:
*acting as a director for his region if a director isnt able to give any orders on his field of power
*advising any director on things that concern his region
*polling for guidelines for his region

have the duties of:
*acting out orders gotten from the Director of Regional affaires
*advising the rest of the faction about this region the best he can

May NOT:
give orders in a specific field if the director of regional affaires didnt gave any guidelines about this.

Governers are assign by the people to take care of a certain region of our faction.

would you past this amendment?

options

Yes
No
No, because it is incomplete
No, Write-in
Write-in
Abstain

[this is just a first draft of a big change to put more roleplaying in the game....!]
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old November 8, 2002, 17:13   #2
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 21:41
Yes. It's fixed all the gripes that caused me to vote against the previous attempts.

But you may want to run a spellcheck.
Old November 8, 2002, 17:22   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:41
Under the job description of Director of Internal (?) Affairs, you should the tasks s/he can give to the regions. In other words, all the tasks of D of TC/IE/BP should be put in that article. I do hope we get enough governor though or this will be a though job!!!
Q: can directors and judges be governor as well or is accumulation of even a simple governor office forbidden??
Old November 8, 2002, 19:39   #4
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 07:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
But you may want to run a spellcheck.
as official constitutional spellchecker, i'll get to that right after the screenshots, directory update, and next techpoll.
Old November 8, 2002, 20:09   #5
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Yes, but I agree with Maniac that director of Internal Affairs sounds better.
Old November 9, 2002, 03:20   #6
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

its just a first draft guys and internal affairs sound ok by me...and everone can be a governers i think even directors and judges...execpt maybe the Commissioner
Old November 9, 2002, 04:26   #7
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

I like Director of Internal Affairs, except it makes it sound like the police force.

Perhaps Director of the Interior?

Regardless, I don't think the name is a reason to vote it down.

HOWEVER, the "anyone can be a governor, including directors" concerns me. My understanding was that they would be treated similarly to directorships - which was part of the reason for the merging of the three directorships. If directors can also govern, then change my yes to a no.
Old November 9, 2002, 07:14   #8
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
I like Director of Internal Affairs, except it makes it sound like the police force.

Perhaps Director of the Interior?
I would have thought your suggestions sounds far more like a police department than the original - 'Department of the Interior' seems to be the traditional cover for dictator's secret police.
Old November 9, 2002, 09:18   #9
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge HOWEVER, the "anyone can be a governor, including directors" concerns me.
Well I would only allow directors as governors if there are too little common citizens willing to take up a governor seat. But common citizens would always have first choice.

Quote:
My understanding was that they would be treated similarly to directorships - which was part of the reason for the merging of the three directorships.
Except that they would have to listen to the authority of "Internal Affairs" , right?
Old November 9, 2002, 09:44   #10
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

so, the DoIF just assigns regions, and advises governors?
Quote:
Governers are assign by the people to take care of a certain region of our faction.
does this mean they're elected?

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Under the job description of Director of Internal (?) Affairs, you should the tasks s/he can give to the regions. In other words, all the tasks of D of TC/IE/BP should be put in that article
yeah. right now, my vote is "no because it's incomplete" and i'd like to see this used in term IV
Old November 9, 2002, 14:19   #11
DeathByTheSword
King

i will work on it somemore tomorrow but changes for second draft will be:

*name
*governers need to be chosen by the DIF?
*directors cant be governers execpt if this would mean that we would have an incomplete directorate and can not proceed.
*detailed job description of DIF
Old November 9, 2002, 15:10   #12
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Is it just me or is the DoIF insanely powerful? Having overall power of 3 somewhat overworked (at least at this stage) Departments?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 9, 2002, 15:24   #13
Maniac

That's why we need lots of governors to make it work. Are you candidate for a seat?
Old November 9, 2002, 15:35   #14
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Sure, I'm up for (almost) anything. I understand the governors help with the tasks (hence no longer overworked) but just the power, one director with overall responsibility for almost everything but war!

Old November 9, 2002, 15:43   #15
DeathByTheSword
King

no it wont be like that every governer will have the power of the 3 different directors of the old system the DIF will be managing that and the big picture...that all....
Old November 9, 2002, 15:47   #16
Drogue
staff

Right, that sounds a bit better... so who wins if the Governor wants one thing anf the DoIF wants another?

Old November 9, 2002, 15:52   #17
DeathByTheSword
King

the DoIF only give guidelines (build enegry improving building or mineral terraformings) the gov. does these thinks (building a bank and building some boreholes) but if the orders are also no boreholes on these kind of places in the region the gov. may not do that...that is my vision but i dont know if it works so every feedback would be great
Old November 9, 2002, 15:58   #18
Drogue
staff

I would say that the governors should have power over the actual orders for that area, otherwise either no-one knows who's orders to follow or the DoIF has too much power. Just my opinions though.

Last edited by Drogue; November 11, 2002 at 16:23.
Old November 9, 2002, 18:33   #19
Darkness' Edge
Prince

If governors are appointed, then my vote for the next proposal will also be no.

As far as exact powers go, Drogue raises some good points. As far as I'm concerned...give the power to the governors, with the ability for the DIF to step in if, and only if, the governor does something out of line.
Old November 9, 2002, 18:44   #20
Method
Emperor

edge....that's what i assumed would happen.

now, i think it was my own stupidity that started this, but the director in question should be the DIA unless it's going to be called director of internal 'faires
Old November 9, 2002, 19:23   #21
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
If governors are appointed, then my vote for the next proposal will also be no.
I wouldn't elect governors. We have enough undisputed elections as it is. I would simple post a thread "Governors: Expressions of interest" and if there are fifteen candidates we'll just have fifteen regions. If we have four candidates, we'll have four regions.
Old November 9, 2002, 20:04   #22
Drogue
staff

Maybe... Although I don't like the idea of Peacekeepers who appoint rulers, i no that that many elections would be madly burocratic, but isn't that what were supposed to be?!

Besides, even uncontested elections have abstains so that nobody could be elected, like a vote of no confidence in the person standing.

Old November 9, 2002, 23:21   #23
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:41
Read the posts; agree with TKG but valuable contributions from others. Overall Dirs have higher authority.
Old November 10, 2002, 09:52   #24
Maniac

Then we'll have to put forward these different appointment proposals in a poll I guess. What do we have until now for a poll? Elections, director appointments or volunteers always become governor. Fixed regions versus flexible regions (how many bases per region?)? Who can become governor - directors and judges too under certain circumstances?

DE, with your ideas, how would you solve the problem of having too little governors? To prevent such a situation I think we need the job of governor to be very flexible in the constitution.

Oh yeah, another point. When are governors elected/appointed/officially given their position? I would suggest five days without or eight days with governor elections. This gives people who failed to get a director seat the chance to nominate themselves for governorship and if needed to do some campaigning.
Old November 10, 2002, 12:14   #25
DeathByTheSword
King

well i agree with DE idea.....give the governers all the powers but let those power be controlled by the DIA....lets say the DIA makes up the treasury and says for next session that region may use that much Ec to rush and that one this much Ec. and let the DIA where to build bases, which formers and crawlers are for which region. about electing governers.....we would have 4 or 5 regions right now right? so put everone that is up for the job in one poll (like the judges poll) and do the DIA poll like every other election that would mean two new elections but we would remove 3 others so we would have less elections in the end! what do you think?
Old November 10, 2002, 12:24   #26
DeathByTheSword
King

AS I SEE IT NOW:!

remove:
Quote:
Director of Energy and Industry:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to rushbuild, use money in trades, change worker placements, and move crawlers
*Requesting crawlers and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.
*Polling Planetary Council decision on salvaging reactor core
*Polling Planetary Council decisions on Global Trade Pacts

Has the duties of:
*Giving his opinion to the director of foreign affairs about any talks, which effect his area, with other factions

This Director is responsible of the treasury expenditures, worker placements, and crawlers.

Director of Terraforming and Colonisation:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to move terraformers and colony pods
*Ordering the commissioner to design new TC units, disband old TC units and upgrade current TC units
*Requesting terraformers colony pods, and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.
*Polling Planetary Council decisions on raising and lowering sea levels

Has the duties of:

Director of Expansion and Terraforming commands all colony pods and terraformers

Director of Base production:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to build buildings and units

Has the duties of:
*Choosing between various requests made by the directors
*Listing to the will of the people about the Special Projects
*Posting polls on how our bases should be named
add
Quote:
Director of Interal Affaires:
has the right of:
*mapping out regions in our faction
*advising any governer on how he should run his region
*veto an orders from a governer

has the duties of:
*dividing formers, crawlers and funds over regions in our faction
*making a list of every buildrequest by other director that has to be divided between the regions in our faction

Governers:
have the rights of:
*ordering the commissioner to:
**move formers for his region
**move crawlers for his region
**start buildingqueues for his region
**rush constructions for his region
**move workers
*advising any director that concern his region
*polling for guidelines for his region
[all within the parameters given by the Director of Internal Affaires]

have the duties of:
*carrying out orders from the Director of Internal affaires
*advising the rest of the faction about this region the best he can

May NOT:
give orders in a specific field if the director of Internal affaires uses his veto on the subject.

[this way given the DIA less power but still a controlling place]

Last edited by DeathByTheSword; November 10, 2002 at 12:31.
Old November 10, 2002, 12:54   #27
Maniac

Who gets the council proposals and the base naming polls? Perhaps move all council proposals to Foreign Affairs and the base naming back to the Alpha Talent to lighten the job of IA?
Old November 10, 2002, 13:52   #28
DeathByTheSword
King

base naming ok

and council proposals ok but we could also have a governer councel with chairman the DIA that decides on those kind of things that are usefull for internal affairs?
Old November 10, 2002, 15:19   #29
Method
Emperor

looks gread DBTS.

as for appointing the governors, i'd rather not have elections. having all those interested PM the DIA their "resume" and him picking between them sounds ok by me. though you'd want to ensure to have a competant DIA (but we could always impeach him )
Old November 10, 2002, 17:10   #30
DeathByTheSword
King

we probably need to poll if we want an elected governer or a appointed governer