Old November 9, 2002, 01:49   #1
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
From those who won't be playing...
Will anyone let us outsiders know what's going on in the game I haven't heard the best things about the multi-player program and anyway I don't have time to play a multi-player but I'd still like to know how the game progresses
Old November 9, 2002, 02:11   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 04:42
WHAT exactly will be reported is of some debate now, as each team will definately want to keep some things secret...

As far as MP...we are likely either going to be doing turn based or PBEM. Either of those are rather stable...(we hope)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 9, 2002, 02:12   #3
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:42
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=66572
We'll probably send newzupdates which will be a patchwork of the "press releases" from the teams.
However, since many informations shouldn't be disclosed (unlike the SP DG), chances are the newZupdates will be more slim.
Old November 9, 2002, 02:13   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:42
Current plans are for each team to have a "public relations representative" whose job it will be to post the NewZupdatez on the main 'poly Civ 3 site (where MarkG and DanQ typically post stuff).

Such public relations rep's could possibly also post mini-papers in a publicly viewable location for non-players as well as general propaganda purposes

Sound reasonable?
Old November 9, 2002, 02:14   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:42
Man... all three of us posted at the same time
Old November 9, 2002, 09:46   #6
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:42
I posted on the reports issue in the "pbem bugs" thread

here: http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...threadid=67102

Doing these kinds of reports should be the work of someone from each team- they organize the information coming from someone who played the game for their team, and divide it up:

1)reports for each civ: We attacked you, moved towards your city, pillaged this square, etc. These reprts are for the recipient team only, and it is free to do whatever it pleases with it (publish it, keep it secret)

2)Reports for your own members, includes all those reports that were sent to other teams, as well as reports recieved from the other teams. Also Any other important issues that aren't accesible to those who only have the save and for those who don't have it at all.

3)General reports for the community: some outlines should be agreed upon- What is everyone's right to know, or what is possible for anyone who plays SP game to know but not for PBEM player- like who builds which wonder, etc.