Old November 12, 2002, 11:21   #31
Trifna
King

Local Time: 18:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I will notice to all of you that GameSpy's review doesn't even NOTICE any problem concerning graphics. He didn't spoke about battles alot though, but I guess he may have spoke about it if it was THAT worst.
Old November 12, 2002, 11:28   #32
Vipermmx
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:43
Quote:
Viper is *****ing and trolling constantly, all over the place, spreading unwanted slime like a drooling dog. He's uncontrollable in sheer volume... like a cross between a drooling dog and a fire hydrant, really... poor kid, having those as parents.
Idiot.

Im 22 and have fun with gamming. The only game I spread crap about is the **** pile called ORB. The worst game in history.

Yes ORB sucks.

SO where am I spreading all this info fool? I only made 2 topics on issues cracker.
Vipermmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 03:44   #33
Anguille2
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Trifna
I will notice to all of you that GameSpy's review doesn't even NOTICE any problem concerning graphics. He didn't spoke about battles alot though, but I guess he may have spoke about it if it was THAT worst.
Wrong...he said "Waow" after he saw the first battle from the save....and THAT's a VERY good sign.

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.
Anguille2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 05:28   #34
Smiffus
Settler

Local Time: 12:43
I've looked at the two battle screenshots in the Gamespy preview and I must say I'm not concerned. All will be fine as long as it plays smoothly.
Smiffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 05:35   #35
Master-Mike
Warlord

Local Time: 20:43
Ive played the demo to both Hegemonia and IG3 and i think they are good games but MOO3 will still be a cut above the rest as the latest preview stats. I played IG & IG2 and they where both very good but not great. I think moo3 will be that game. I HOPE.

P.S I will not buy Hegemonia its to much like homeworld. I'll wait for MOO3 & IG3.
Master-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 15:43   #36
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 06:43
MoO3 will definately survive ORB, because ORB is strictly 3d RTS, so its not even close to the same genre.

But ORB is freaking awesome!
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2002, 07:02   #37
Foxhound
Settler

ORB would interest me, except I hear it doesn't have much of a single player campaign. Or it does, but the story isn't exactly what you'd call impressive, and that definately puts me off!

Homeworld, on the other hand, had a wonderful and at least somewhat original story. And how about that atmosphere?

As for graphics, I do understand the concern. When Birth of the Federation was released, a lot of people were complaining that it didn't support any kind of 3D acceleration for the space combat portion of the game, and now, some three and a half years later, comes Master of Orion III, still without acceleration!

That being said, it won't bother me. Heck, I used to turn off the space combat bit when I played MOO2 a lot of the time, but since Quicksilver has openly stated that they're aiming for the mass market with this game, I can't help but think this will prove to be a significant negative factor for a lot of people. Namely the shallow ignorant masses! Whose money Quicksilver needs!
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2002, 04:41   #38
PhoenixPhlame73
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:43
Being to lazy to read teh whole thread, I'll just make one simple, logical, point : Civ 3 sold based on its predecessors and was crap, imagine what a GOOD game selling based on its predecessors will do.
PhoenixPhlame73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2002, 12:23   #39
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 11:43
Civ's brand recongition among casual gamers is orders of magnitude larger than Moo's. Moo will not sale any significant number on name.

It'll have to be good. Which might explain the difference between the effort QS and Firaxis seem to have been putting into QA.
Old November 24, 2002, 15:41   #40
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:43
I think the board shows that. How many have come here and never played Moo/Moo2 or even heard of it? You do not see people come here and say they never heard of civ.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2002, 15:18   #41
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

I have one more comment about the graphics

Does anyone remember the Infocom text games, aka Zork? That's one of the best games I've ever played. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I want a game that makes me think, that draws me into a different world I can be a part of. Graphics do help sometimes, but what good is the scenery if you don't care where you're going? As for sales, everyone I know is getting a copy if it comes out before Christmas
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote