View Poll Results: Five days multichoice.
1: Two former per base: YES! 12 13.04%
1: Two former per base: NO! 4 4.35%
2: Build some sea formers: YES! 15 16.30%
2: Build some sea formers: NO! 1 1.09%
3: Build zero sea colony pods. 2 2.17%
3: Build one sea colony pod. 5 5.43%
3: Build two sea colony pods. 8 8.70%
4: Build forest on nutrient tiles. 9 9.78%
4: Build farm/condenser on all nutrient tiles which are not yet terraformed. 6 6.52%
4: Build farm/condenser on all nutrient tiles, even the ones already terraformed. 1 1.09%
5: Stop colonizing after the already planned bases are founded. 0 0%
5: Stop colonizing when our own continent is filled. 7 7.61%
5: Build sea bases (besides possibly those in the Freshwater Sea). 9 9.78%
5: Start colonizing other continents after our own continent is filled. 7 7.61%
Write-in 1 1.09%
Abstain 0 0%
Xenobanana 1 1.09%
Xenobrew 4 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 9, 2002, 15:05   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: Several small DoT&C polls...
In the past decade, our industrial capacity has grown exponentially due to the widespread availability of industrial automation techniques. This makes more resources free to support some extra units. As D of TC I am of course interested in more (sea) formers. That’s why I would like to propose the following law: “Every base which produces five or more minerals must support two formers.” If you agree, I’ll beg Makahlua for some more units.

Now we have Doctrine: Flexibility, production of sea formers is possible. Therefore my question: Should I ask Makahlua to produce me two or three sea formers for in the Freshwater Sea?

A similar question: Should I ask the DBP for zero, one or two sea colony pods for in the Freshwater Sea?

We can build condensers and we have crawlers to make good use of high-production tiles. So my question is what to do with nutrient tiles? Continue building forest on them, build farm/condenser on all new ones, or build farm/condenser on all new ones plus the old ones as well.

I’ve noticed there are no less than 16 CPs in the production queues. I then had a look if we can still build that many on our continent. I think the answer is no. This led me to the question how much we still should colonize. Stop colonizing after the already planned bases are founded. Stop colonizing when our own continent is filled. Build sea bases (besides possible those in the Freshwater Sea). And/or start colonizing other continents after our own continent is filled.

I think that’s about it qua polling this week.
Old November 9, 2002, 15:32   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 10:44
Couple of points:

I think the 2 former per base rule is a little inflexable, as a rule of thumb i'd go for yes, but i don't think as a law.

With nutrient tiles are you talking about tiles worked by citizens or tiles crawled? For the former i think we should just do whatever we'd do if the nutrient wasn't there (forest probably) but for the latter then farm condenser.

Can we take some of the pods out of the building queues? 16 seems a bit excessive.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 9, 2002, 15:38   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
With nutrient tiles are you talking about tiles worked by citizens or tiles crawled?
Well I guess it's the other way around. If we build a forest on it, it probably won't be crawled. If we build a condenser on it, it'll probably be crawled.
Old November 9, 2002, 15:50   #4
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 10:44
Ahhhh... I agree with that, In that case I'd go for Forest if inside base area and condenser if it's not (that is if we want to crawl nutriests, at the last poll everyone wanted minerals to be crawled if i remember correctly)

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 9, 2002, 18:01   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 07:44
yes!
Yes!
2!
net yet consensors, i guess
continent filled
sea bases (the sea and in the geothermal shallows)
Xenobrew!
Old November 12, 2002, 06:10   #6
Kirov
Prince

yes
yes
zero
forests
fill the whole continent

I think we should have as many formers as possible, to prepare the land for crawling (we should also have as many crawlers as possible).

I'm against sea bases, in short they are too difficult to defend and gather too little minerals, all sea resources should be trawled. Thus, the whole Freshwater sea should be trawled by HQ/SSC.

Hybrid forests are mucch better then condensed farms, IMHO.
Old November 12, 2002, 16:41   #7
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 05:44
Yes, build lots of formers and please get some sea-formers going in the freshwater sea - it's entirely too productive to let go idle.

No sea bases in the FWS, but we need some along our northeast coast so that others don't infringe on our coastal borders.