Old November 10, 2002, 00:32   #1
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Welcome back! I don't remember exactly when you left; it was after the first war with the French, right?

We conquered Persia's homeland, taking the Pyramids and some luxuries and leaving them with only four cities spread throughout Abanaba. We have since gone to war with America (after the Aztecs started gobbling up Abe's remaining cities), and most recently with France; both of those Civs were finally eliminated from the game, and we got a GA, which we are still in, during the war against France.

We found the lost civs, who are not on one continent as we thought but three. This gave a momentary boost to our economy, as they were quite backward and were willing to pay a lot for old tech. Check out the saved game for more details.

Apolytonia now streches from coast to coast, controlling portions of all known resources and large quantities of four different luxuries; we import three more, resulting in WLTPD being celebrated in many cities. We are not very good researchers yet, but our large treasury and skillful diplomats have kept us on par with the world. With only Magnetism and Theory of Gravity between the world and the Industrial Age, we hope to rectify this by completing the FP and building science improvements in core cities.

The Forbidden Palace, placed in Persia's former heartland, is almost complete in Contaginon. The Palace was planned to move to Timeline, but that decision may be changed now that we have conquered France; it has yet to be polled on, however.
Old November 10, 2002, 00:35   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 10:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Welcome back! I don't remember exactly when you left; it was after the first war with the French, right?
Right around the time fo the revolution.

Quote:
We conquered Persia's homeland, taking the Pyramids and some luxuries and leaving them with only four cities spread throughout Abanaba. We have since gone to war with America (after the Aztecs started gobbling up Abe's remaining cities), and most recently with France; both of those Civs were finally eliminated from the game, and we got a GA, which we are still in, during the war against France.

We found the lost civs, who are not on one continent as we thought but three. This gave a momentary boost to our economy, as they were quite backward and were willing to pay a lot for old tech. Check out the saved game for more details.

Apolytonia now streches from coast to coast, controlling portions of all known resources and large quantities of four different luxuries; we import three more, resulting in WLTPD being celebrated in many cities. We are not very good researchers yet, but our large treasury and skillful diplomats have kept us on par with the world. With only Magnetism and Theory of Gravity between the world and the Industrial Age, we hope to rectify this by completing the FP and building science improvements in core cities.

The Forbidden Palace, placed in Persia's former heartland, is almost complete in Contaginon. The Palace was planned to move to Timeline, but that decision may be changed now that we have conquered France; it has yet to be polled on, however.
Wow good things have happend!

May I ask where the latest save is?
Old November 10, 2002, 00:48   #3
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Welcome back tass, it is good to see you and Spiffor both appearing. Here is the save location http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=67066
Aggie
Old November 10, 2002, 00:49   #4
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:45
Welcome back. the current save is in this post. I will haved it updated, by the time of the turnchat that is schedualled for tomorrow. I'll most likely post it in the orders thread.

check out this thread for other infomation

E_T
Old November 10, 2002, 00:51   #5
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Maybe you should look in the thread titled "Term 5: Presidential Thread on Chats, Saves, Reports et. al".

Also, while we have many new recruits to the game, there have been several losses. Duddha has left, and I'm sure there are others I can't remember ATM. Unortho is unable to participate much or write the Gazette due to RL, but he's still around and will hopefully be able to return to activeness if he wants to.

Again, WB. How are things on Chiron?
Old November 10, 2002, 02:10   #6
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Maybe you should look in the thread titled "Term 5: Presidential Thread on Chats, Saves, Reports et. al".

Quote:
Also, while we have many new recruits to the game, there have been several losses. Duddha has left, and I'm sure there are others I can't remember ATM. Unortho is unable to participate much or write the Gazette due to RL, but he's still around and will hopefully be able to return to activeness if he wants to.
Thats sad.

Anyway...once I get settled in, I'll probably be able to write the gazette again.

Quote:
Again, WB. How are things on Chiron?
Oh well. But I figured that since they're as advanced as they are, I would come back here and help you guys come out of the dark ages
Old November 10, 2002, 05:17   #7
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:45
Allow me to join the bandwagon by saying: welcome back Tassadar!
Kloreep's summary was excellent, though he did skip an important part: GLs and wonders.
During the war with Persia we got a GL, which we used to build Sun Tzu's Art of War in Ubergorsk. We later took Persia's Great Pyramids by force and also got another GL, which we used to build The Sistine Chapel, again in Ubergorsk. During the last turn of the war with France yet another GL has emerged from our ranks, and this time we plan on using him to create an army and later build the Heroic Epic in order to increase our chances of getting GLs in the future.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old November 10, 2002, 05:18   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Another thing: we planned on moving the palace to Timeline for a while and even began constructing it, but thanks to E_T's helpful spreadsheets we've discovered that this would be futile. We will stop the palace's construction this turnchat and build it later, perhaps after our borders have expanded into Greece, England and Germany.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old November 10, 2002, 08:21   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:45
Re: Update Required
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
I intend to return.

May someone update me?
Sooo, back from "outer space" are we?

Be careful Tass, and count yourself lucky I am not a vengeful man...

But on second thoughts I wouldn't want any of those old stories about me coming out again - they could compromise my Presidency....

I know - I won't set the Presidential Guard Captain against you, and you will... restrain your reporting.

Or there will be DOOM!

Welcome back, Tass. How're things?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 10, 2002, 16:18   #10
Nubclear

Re: Re: Update Required
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Sooo, back from "outer space" are we?
Yes, a very exciting trip....I've seen things that your small mind cannot even begin to comprehend.

Quote:
Be careful Tass, and count yourself lucky I am not a vengeful man...
I do hope you speak the truth lest you find a knife in.........

Quote:
But on second thoughts I wouldn't want any of those old stories about me coming out again - they could compromise my Presidency....
Oh yes. I forgot about those.

They will be quite useful in the future

Quote:
I know - I won't set the Presidential Guard Captain against you, and you will... restrain your reporting.
Hmm...These terms are acceptable. I will abide by them for at least a year....If you do.

Quote:
Or there will be DOOM!
You underestimate the power of the documents, dear President. The only doom it would spell is doom for your career....

Quote:
Welcome back, Tass. How're things?
Great. Life is beginning to clear up, I got some new versions of my anthems and....things are good
Old November 10, 2002, 16:28   #11
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:45
come and join us in the chat

E_T
Old November 10, 2002, 16:29   #12
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
come and join us in the chat

E_T
Sure! Where and how?
Old November 10, 2002, 16:30   #13
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Apolyton's IRC Room, Channel #civ3dem.

Do you know how access it, or want me to dig up the instructions?

-- adaMada
Old November 10, 2002, 16:32   #14
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Apolyton's IRC Room, Channel #civ3dem.

Do you know how access it, or want me to dig up the instructions?

-- adaMada
Instructions please.
Old November 10, 2002, 16:37   #15
Kloreep
Emperor

Quote:
Our server, the Settler, now hosts an irc server that will cover our needs in cases of large chats as well as democracy games turnchats. You can access it via web(java applet) or via any irc client by connecting to apolyton.net, port 6667.

Nick name registering (NickServ) is supported. More details can be found at our chat faq(which does need some updates ). Rasbelin has also made connection guide for Trillian users
Hope that helps.
Old November 10, 2002, 16:38   #16
Shiber
Emperor

If you find IRC too complicated you can use the Java chat.
Edit: Looks like Kloreep beat me to it.
- Phantom of the Opera