Old November 14, 2002, 20:36   #31
Minuteman
Warlord

Local Time: 10:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Whew! At first glance I thought the title of this thread said "Firaxis, please CHARGE for new patch". I'm glad I misread that. Especially since we already have been charged for a new patch already. It's called PTW.
Old November 15, 2002, 11:53   #32
twilight
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Adm.Naismith

How many wars did you had? And is it razing cities so popular, in PTW?
Play Regicide, quite funny. The cities are destroyed completely after killing the king/s. Then the whole earth is covered with billions of ruins
Old November 15, 2002, 12:27   #33
Billster2k3
Settler

Local Time: 04:46
Quote:
Originally posted by twilight
-Palace: Why the heck it is impossible to see the palace at your will? Or is there a hidden button I never found?
in the lower right of the screen, down the right side of the info box, you have D=Diplomacy, E=Espionage, H=Historograph, P=Palace. Click the "P" and it will show your palace.
Old November 15, 2002, 14:22   #34
twilight
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Billster2k3

in the lower right of the screen, down the right side of the info box, you have D=Diplomacy, E=Espionage, H=Historograph, P=Palace. Click the "P" and it will show your palace.
Thanks
Old November 15, 2002, 14:47   #35
ducki
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 04:46
How about Wait (Un)Wounded, Fortify (Un)Wounded, Stack Move (Un)Wounded?

And yes, definitely list units that are inside a(n) army/transport immediately underneath said container unit.

I realise the Rename Unit feature makes it easier to be able to differentiate which units are in which container if you rename all your containers, but they're still not listed together, even in relatively small stacks of 10-15.
Old November 15, 2002, 16:58   #36
twilight
Chieftain

Good idead, but one thing more: Load/Unload all. An Unload-All button is simple, all units are awake or better all are moved as one stack on land. The Load All I mean is something more compilcated. When you try to move 100 units into transports you know what I mean. There must be a way to make this more simple because often is it not important which unit in which transport. I don't know how but there must be a way.
Old November 16, 2002, 09:41   #37
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 11:46
Quote:
Originally posted by twilight
There must be a way to make this more simple because often is it not important which unit in which transport. I don't know how but there must be a way.
In the vvvvvvvvvery old Empire / Empire Deluxe (I'm speaking of a game so old to show at its best an EGA graphics on PC), you can give a transport a (L)oad units order. As far as the transport was near the shoreline or inside a city, it automatically grabs any units on the same (city) or nearbourgh tile (on the shore), 'till the transport was filled.

May be is a good hint for Firaxis team
Old November 16, 2002, 09:51   #38
Cian McGuire
Warlord

Local Time: 05:46
Great game, Naismith
Old November 16, 2002, 18:41   #39
twilight
Chieftain

And another one:

I work in the moment on a Gigamap and change the rule for using it. Ever tried to give all Foot units 2 movement points instead of one? Much work, because you have to search this list for them. First Settlers and Worker, then Infantry, then Cavalry, then Artellery, and then the Special Units, very chaotic, since PTW even more.

Another example: Try to give european Civs units. You must click several times for EACH unit they should able to build in the unit-Editor-List (who can build what).

I want you to add a Sort-Function in the editor. Sort the Civs for example, sort the improvements and units. So similar items are simply to add. Also would help a shortkey to go to the next item in the list.

I have to say that I hate these editor-interface. Very convenient were the old textfiles where you could copy and paste whatever you wanted. Okay, the time is over, but now you can make your editor less complcated, this costs only time.
Old November 16, 2002, 19:08   #40
twilight
Chieftain

Hm, and another one:

THE EDITOR-HELP-FUNCTION IST NOT VERY HELPFUL!

What do we find out, using this help-function.

YOu click on "help", then it shows a window (the editor page where you are in that moment is shown) and then we click on "transport Capacity". The help function says that you can change there the transport capacity.

Thank you very much. I never had the idea before that information.

F*ck. Where is the information? What range do I have. Will it work with, say 200 units (yes, interesting for Mega-Hyper-Spaceships) and are foot units meant or Aircrafts? Okay, things we all know, but there are many other things questionable and we all must think of the complete newbies.

What does the Civ-bonuses do? Why I have to walk to my cupboard, taking the manual to read them. Or go to a forum or simply hope? The whole helpfunction gives only information that explains itself! (Some are better, but it's the most). No help for mod-makers.

The help function need information about:

-what is it exactly, and I mean VERY exactly
-What range it has
-What other changes would be propaby neccassary (for the transport capability it would be neccassary to add the information "You have to choose land units OR Air units, check the Ability list".
-perhaps some other I don't think of yet. You will find out when ... IF ... you try.
-and NEVER...really NEVER add selfexplaing things.

A guy: What is this?
Rambo: Blue light.
A guy: What does it make?
Rambo: It's shining blue.
(translated)