Old November 11, 2002, 00:53   #1
oogs
Settler

Local Time: 05:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW, changing the rules not working... ?
I know that to change the rules in Civ3 normally you'd go to civ3mod.bic and change them there. But I can't seem to have that effect in PTW... whenever I modify something, it acts like I've changed nothing at all. Did I miss anything? or is it hard-coded so that you can't cheat by changing the rules on your machine...?

Ans just so you know, I'm ont doing this to cheat online... I'm just sort of annoyed at not being able to have more than 40 cities before corruption gets the better part of my cities....
oogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 01:40   #2
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 03:48
Are you trying to change the rules in a save game? If so, it won't work. Any changes you make in the editor will only take effect if you start a brand new game.
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 02:27   #3
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I would add that you should probably only change stuff in scenarios, not the main civ bic, not sure what you were doing or not. that way you can avoid irreperable harm (well, harm that would make you reinstall the game)

anyway, willem is correct, a change in the bic midgame won't have any effect, sorry. i think there are trainers out there that would allow you to possibly change this.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 10:16   #4
oogs
Settler

I'm not changing mid-game. What I'm doing is chaging it, playing a new game for several turns to see if there was any effect, then (since nothing has changed) quitting out and starting a new game.

I guess I could always make it a scenario, but if there is a way of changing the rules like in the original civ3 (changing them and using the new rules without having to make a scenario...) I would rather do that.
Old November 11, 2002, 12:55   #5
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 03:48
Quote:
Originally posted by oogs

I guess I could always make it a scenario, but if there is a way of changing the rules like in the original civ3 (changing them and using the new rules without having to make a scenario...) I would rather do that.
No you wouldn't. The game makes it very easy to work with scenarios. You're much better off doing it that way than taking the risk of corrupting the main file. If you insist on making changes, be sure to back up the original.

PS Sorry I can't be of help with your problem, I don't have PTW yet.

Last edited by Willem; November 11, 2002 at 13:46.
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 21:51   #6
oogs
Settler

I had a backup of the original all along =] I'll give it a try with scenarios then i guess =\

ty though

-oogs