Timeline, where we had originally planned 9 21.95%
Macross City 9 21.95%
Here It Is 1 2.44%
Some other City or wait on the move 18 43.90%
The Banana will know the best action to take (Abstain) 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 12, 2002, 09:50   #31
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
There was, for about a week.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old November 12, 2002, 10:00   #32
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 05:48
humm.. Alright I stand corrected. I'm not sure how I missed that (it would have been of interest to me), I'll blame it on the PtW game distracting me .
Old November 12, 2002, 10:06   #33
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 04:48
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

There is NOT a single Frenchmen in Macross City, the Great Banana HAS prevailed over them. I beleave that he killed them off in the last wave of Jungle fever that washed through Macross City. What further proof do you need that it is HIS WILL for us to move our glorious Palace to that City.

E_T
Aha! So you would have us build our capital in a city of plagues? A city smited by the Great Banana?

(Honestly, I really don't care where it goes but building the Palace would take either city our of the production and contribution picture for a while)
Old November 12, 2002, 10:44   #34
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 11:48
Macross City, of course. It has always been a far better choice. I've seen that long ago. And Arnelos, kudos to your patriotism and the whole role playing stuff (for people who like it, that is), but I think we go farther with cold pragmatism.
Old November 12, 2002, 14:53   #35
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Marcoss City. It's the best location right now.

And if we are considering annexing Greece, we certinately need the Palace in a place like Marcoss City.

If it turns out we can build an Iron Works, that would be an even better city, except I think our GA will end before the Iron Works could even start construction.
Old November 12, 2002, 15:31   #36
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:48
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Aha! So you would have us build our capital in a city of plagues? A city smited by the Great Banana?
But why then would he have not smited the French that were their, if He didn't see that as the new place to build a New Palace in his Glory? The Banana moves in mysterious ways.

E_T
Old November 12, 2002, 16:57   #37
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

There ARE Frenchmen in Macross City... the whole city is ethnically French!

You see, just because these ethnic Frenchmen have been assimilated into Apolytonian society and now worship the Great Banana does not mean that they suddenly have stopped being the descendants of the Frenchmen conquered in the SAME CITY by our glorious military forces, the military forces loyal to APOLYTON. This French city has not suddenly become the traditional home of Apolytonia... the history of our people has not changed. We are not from Macross City.

APOLYTON is still the home of our empire, the place from which our first ancestors started in the jungles of this world and discoverd bananas. Given the presence of the g0dZ and the Great Banana, APOLYTON is the center of the universe (figurately speaking), the centre of the MIDDLE KINGDOM ... all enlightenment flows forth from APOLYTON and APOLYTON is the seat of Apolytonian power!

No greater symmetry of spirtual enlightenment and civic enlightenment could possibly exist!

Keep the seat of Apolytonian power in APOLYTON!
Old November 12, 2002, 17:18   #38
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:48
Moving it to Timeline won't help us with corruption. Without numbers to the contrary, I doubt that moving it to far off Marcross City will help eigther. We probably aren't going to fight wars that would cause us to want to move for a while. Let's keep it where it is, and when we do fight alot, decide if we're going Communist, then base our decision on that.
Old November 12, 2002, 17:38   #39
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Did Alexander's father go back to Macadoenia after conquering Greece? No, he relocated into Greece.

Did the Duke of Normady keep the center of his kingdom in Normady after he conquered England?

No, he moved it to London.

Did Ghehis Khan go back to Mongolia after conquering China? No we held court in Bejing.

Relocating our Palace into French territory follows the precedence of other commanders in history.

More recently, after West Germany culterlly assimilated Eastern Germany into a united Germany, did they keep their capital in Munich? No, they moved it to Berlin. (Which is surrounded by East Germany.)
Old November 12, 2002, 18:26   #40
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
Did Alexander's father go back to Macadoenia after conquering Greece? No, he relocated into Greece.
And Alexander styled himself a Greek.

Quote:
Did the Duke of Normady keep the center of his kingdom in Normady after he conquered England?

No, he moved it to London.
And he became "King of England" and styled himself an Englishman.

Quote:
Relocating our Palace into French territory follows the precedence of other commanders in history.
And, like them, you suggest that we should style ourselves as the rulers of the French Empire and ourselves as Frenchmen.

Quote:
More recently, after West Germany culterlly assimilated Eastern Germany into a united Germany, did they keep their capital in Munich? No, they moved it to Berlin. (Which is surrounded by East Germany.)
This is a stupid example... they were all Germans and BERLIN was the traditional capital of GERMANY... MACROSS CITY is NOT, whatever it may be, the traditional capital of Apolytonia!
Old November 12, 2002, 19:20   #41
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by realpolitic
Moving it to Timeline won't help us with corruption. Without numbers to the contrary, I doubt that moving it to far off Marcross City will help eigther. We probably aren't going to fight wars that would cause us to want to move for a while. Let's keep it where it is, and when we do fight alot, decide if we're going Communist, then base our decision on that.
Here are the latest statistics, in the Construction Shack - 940AD (and beyond) Corruption & Waste Statistics Report. Take a look at them.

E_T
Old November 12, 2002, 20:31   #42
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 10:48
Personally, unless an option gets close to 50% of the votes I wouldn't feel comfortable taking any of the actions.
Old November 13, 2002, 11:16   #43
joncnunn
Emperor

Currently my relative rankings are:

Marcoss City, which only became my choice when it was apprent how close we are to being able to research communism with the AI having finished the Middle Ages and the Germans & Greece having been gifted Nationalism.

A very close second is Wait on the Move until we buy or reserach Steam Power and know where the Coal is.

I'd only give Here it Is serious consideration if it turns out the Iron Works can be built there.

Timeline is a complete waste of time.

If no individual city gets 50% of the vote, I'd sugest that the wait option be taken by default.
Old November 13, 2002, 12:07   #44
E_T
Emperor

well but the current poll stats, HII is out of the running with only 1 vote for it, abstain has more. We can consider this vote to be for waiting on the build for now or abstaining. Only Thirty people have voted on this issue.

E_T
Old November 13, 2002, 12:29   #45
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

I think that without a 50% majority our previous plans should continue until a more decisive popular statement has been made.
Note: I voted for and support Macross, so I'm not saying this to get my way.
Old November 13, 2002, 13:38   #46
joncnunn
Emperor

If changing my vote from Marcoss City to Wait for the Move will let us cancel the build on the Palace in Timeline before it's too late to cancel without wasting shields on the Bank, by all means, consider my vote changed.
Old November 14, 2002, 13:40   #47
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

it should be placed in such a way that together with the forbidden one we get the maximum out of it , ...

some calculations would be nice , including calculations that think of the future

have a nice day
Old November 14, 2002, 14:06   #48
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 11:48
Quote:
hi ,

it should be placed in such a way that together with the forbidden one we get the maximum out of it , ...

some calculations would be nice , including calculations that think of the future

have a nice day
Actually, that's what this thread is all about- calculations that E_T has made and show that moving to Macross City is the optimal choice in terms of waste and corruption, and Timeline is a bad option.

I voted for holding off the decision- i tend to agree with Arnelos on this matter, and since the differences between the currrent situation and the projected situation with the palace in Macross city are pretty slim i say we keep it in Apolyton, at least for now.
Old November 14, 2002, 14:22   #49
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by zeit

Actually, that's what this thread is all about- calculations that E_T has made and show that moving to Macross City is the optimal choice in terms of waste and corruption, and Timeline is a bad option.

I voted for holding off the decision- i tend to agree with Arnelos on this matter, and since the differences between the currrent situation and the projected situation with the palace in Macross city are pretty slim i say we keep it in Apolyton, at least for now.
hi ,

indeed we should wait a bit , not to long , but we should take the right decision !

have a nice day
Old November 14, 2002, 19:14   #50
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
4) It's French. (I can't stress that enough, I really don't like French things.)
Hey, Francophones rock! DAVOUT - we may have to call in the Legionnaires to teach GF a lesson.

I vote for Macross City, closer to my home city of Dijon.

And, for the record, I thank E_T for his continued hard work when many have fallen to PTW and mounting holiday distractions.
Old November 14, 2002, 19:30   #51
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Arnelos is right!

Must we degrade ourselves to being a foreigner? Must we place our capital in a city in which French toil has happened for years? Can we not stand proud of Apolyton, conqueror of Nations? Must we fall back to this silly nonsense of corruption being better? Bah! Corruption will not be better! Never! The Empire will collapse if we make such a horendous decision! I urge you, do not listen to this folly of 'progress', for it only sets us back!

Apolytonians we have been, and Apolytonians, by the Almighty Banana, WE WILL STAY!
Old November 14, 2002, 21:02   #52
E_T
Emperor

This poll is now over:

Total Votes: 37
Stay at Timeline - 9
Move to Macross - 9
Move to Here It Is - 1
Move to some other city or wait to move it - 15
Abstenion - 3

Because there was no clear majority and there were few votes for keeping it at Timeline, this poll will reflect that Timeline was NOT the winner and that the people want it to be somewhere else and will make that desision at a future time.

The CP Orders for this next Gameplay will reflect this decision and remove the Palace from the current build at Timeline.

As we are about to enter a new form of government with the New Con, I call on the Senate to form a new Committie for the selection of a new spot for the Palace Move. We will need the Palace moved someday, let us find the best place so that the proper plans for building it within a reasonable amount of time are made.

E_T
Old November 15, 2002, 01:53   #53
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:48
Good call, E_T.

Frankly, I'm all for keeping our historic capital in Apolyton, as that is also the location of my Jungle Ball Franchise, and has been my home for a millenium or so.

The numbers don't say that we NEED to move our capital. It'll help us a little, I'm sure, but for naustalgia purposes and sheer stubbornness ... I'm happy to keep our capital where it is.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 15, 2002, 14:22   #54
SABRA
Civilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Warlord

First of all we should hace the numbers , then we should vote .
Old November 15, 2002, 14:37   #55
joncnunn
Emperor

I sugest that a comittee on the new Palace wait to report back until sometime after we know where the coal resources are.

Hopefully ET will be on that comittee as well so we can see corruption & waste stats. Perhaps actual number of shields & commerce in each city should be considered at well, because a plan that averages 20% waste may be better than a plan that averages 18% waste if the higher shield producing cities are closer to the capital in the 20% overall plan to the 18% one.
Old November 15, 2002, 14:54   #56
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
I sugest that a comittee on the new Palace wait to report back until sometime after we know where the coal resources are.

Hopefully ET will be on that comittee as well so we can see corruption & waste stats. Perhaps actual number of shields & commerce in each city should be considered at well, because a plan that averages 20% waste may be better than a plan that averages 18% waste if the higher shield producing cities are closer to the capital in the 20% overall plan to the 18% one.
hi ,

, its always intresting to build the forbidden palace in the city with the iron works , ......

have a nice day
Old November 15, 2002, 15:24   #57
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

, its always intresting to build the forbidden palace in the city with the iron works , ......

have a nice day
That's going to be hard to do considering the city with the Forbidden Palace doesn't have any Iron in its radius........
Old November 16, 2002, 15:11   #58
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

That's going to be hard to do considering the city with the Forbidden Palace doesn't have any Iron in its radius........
hi ,

its a suggestion , ........

have a nice day