Old November 11, 2002, 13:52   #1
Vipermmx
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pre-Ordered MOO ]|[
Well I decided to pre-order MOO3 and comming from a 3d graphic whore thats a good thing =)

Reasons? Simple. The amount of detail and micro I can do with realtime combat even though its voxel IS ALOT to play with =)

I just hope the art of ships and lasers and the menu system is really nice =)

See ya all online!
Vipermmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 14:12   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:50
I have had hit and miss with preorders, so I will run around trying to get it went it hits the stores and hope that will be the fastest way. I may preorder at EB, but no mailing house.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 15:20   #3
xoham
Chieftain

I find that the EB store by me has it as soon as their online store ships it. i.e. I get it sooner that way cause I dont wait for Fed Ex.

Also, Target sometimes beats everyone. They had Warcraft 3 before EB.
xoham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 16:22   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Yes that is why I go looking, also it gives me an excuse to go to the game stores.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 16:36   #5
Vipermmx
Chieftain

Im picking up Hegemonia this friday at EB but ordering MOO3 from bestbuy with my card. Simple that gives me more time with Hegemonia to beat it =)

Perfect Plan!
Vipermmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 17:16   #6
BleedTheFreak
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
Yes that is why I go looking, also it gives me an excuse to go to the game stores.
Something really stupid is Target (my wife works there) got Vice City (PS2) the same day as all the other stores did, but sat on it until the following weekend because they were going to have a sale and mark it down 5 bucks. But, your right, Target does get big title just about (or just) as fast as main retail outlets like EB or Software Etc.

Sadly, I doubt MOOIII will be considered a high profile game by Target, so stick with your EB's or your Babbages. I may pre-order from EB, just because the last 3 games I got from them, it did cost 2 or 3 more after shipping then the game+taxes from a store could cost, but I WORK right next to the Fed Ex building, so I can put a stop order on my package and pick it up at 9am the morning it arrives, which is before my local Software Etc. even opens!!
BleedTheFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2002, 18:16   #7
Mahdimael
Prince

I never order online or preorder. I ordered Battlefield 1942 from ebgames and it arrived a day after it was in stores. doh!

I usually just check ebgames release date and then check out a related forum for whatever game and read when others have gotten the game. I usually get games that I want 30-40 minutes after they come out of the shipping box at the store.

Best of all, no time is wasted running from place to place
Old November 12, 2002, 03:26   #8
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 05:50
The last time i pre ordered, i finally got the game in the mail 8 days after it had hit the shelves and all of my friends had been playing for a week. never again!
H Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2002, 03:42   #9
Sikander
King

Local Time: 03:50
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
The last time i pre ordered, i finally got the game in the mail 8 days after it had hit the shelves and all of my friends had been playing for a week. never again!
I just hope that it wasn't Civ 3, that sort of shock could really put an end to one's gaming days.
Sikander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2002, 08:50   #10
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

My local Gamestops usually get new releases ASAP. I often can pick up my new games before pre-orders arrive.
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2002, 00:04   #11
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:50
Wow, you guys are fanatics. I'm eagerly awaiting MOO3 after the latest preview, and I'll probably buy it soon after it comes out, but I don't mind waiting if I get it on-line (which I think I will).
Old November 23, 2002, 14:36   #12
PaulNAdhe
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:50
I ordered from Amazon on 30 Jan 2002 - over 10 months now. That was when the expected ship date was Q1 02. I've thought about cancelling a hundred times since then, but why worry with it? They haven't billed my card and I don't have to hassle with crawling all over town.

So what if you guys get it a few days earlier than me? I'll still be kicking butt after a month