Old March 10, 2000, 12:54   #1
Ned
King

Local Time: 17:39
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Bug
In my current game, I eliminated Spears last base. She escaped in a colony pod and landed on an island near two of my fully loaded transports. In my next turn, I wipe her pods and troups of the face of the Planet.

However, I received no message that I had captured Spears. Indeed, she continues to exist in the diplomatic queue - but she has no pods or cities or troups.

I cannot contact her to due to sun spot activity.

I expect that this will eliminate the possibility of a conquest victory.

Has anyone else seen this phenomena?

Ned
Old March 10, 2000, 18:15   #2
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 21:39
Who's Spears? Or is this an anti-pop-idol scenario of somebody's own twisted devising?

------------------
"In all creation, there can be no task more onerous or tedious than that of playing God." - Stephen Fry, 'The Liar'.
Old March 11, 2000, 01:01   #3
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Turn on the scenario editor and make sure there are absolutly none of her units running around anywhere. I had something similar happen only to find there was one stupid independant gaian unit running around on some tiny island I didn't know about.
Old March 11, 2000, 08:43   #4
Ned
King

When I re-entered the game, Archon Spears was no longer listed on the diplomatic screen. I presume I will get credit for eradicating her faction, but I haven't checked this yet.

As to who Spears is, she is a faction leader of the Feminist Union, one of the new factions you can download from this bulletin board. She has, I believe, +3 research, and free bio labs and network nodes. As well, she starts with $500, which grows at a 50% per turn interest rate. When I first encountered her in the present game, she had about $50 million in the bank.

I am playing the Energists, another extremely powerful faction. I don't believe either of these two new factions could ever be defeated by any more conventional faction.

ned

Ned
Old March 11, 2000, 20:32   #5
Jasonian
King

Local Time: 20:39
50% interest?! I put 10% on the Trade Federation once, and they had millions of credits when I found them!

I deem the faction unplayable *shutter*
Old March 12, 2000, 09:44   #6
LoD
Prince

Local Time: 02:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ned: I'm going to try defeat the Union on an Oversized map as the UoP. Keep your fingers crossed...

LoD
Old March 12, 2000, 12:53   #7
Doug325
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:39
oug325Energy Interest can be a powerful enhancement. 1% or 2% should be plenty for an enhancement (maybe as high as 3% or 4% if it is the main feature of the faction)
At 1% you will double your reserves (just with the interste alone) in 70 turns
At 2% this will be 35 turns
At 3% this will be 23 turns
At 4% this is 18 turns
At 15% (Energists) it is only 5 turns
At 50% (Unionists) it is 2 turns

As you can see anything higher than 3% will seriously overpower the faction. The Energists or Unionists will be able tio by SPs in one turn by 2150 or therabouts and will win an Economic victory as soon as they get the MMI.
Avoid these factions

[This message has been edited by Doug325 (edited March 12, 2000).]
Old March 19, 2000, 01:42   #8
DaveVegas
Chieftain

quote:

Originally posted by Ned on 03-11-2000 07:43 AM
When I re-entered the game, Archon Spears was no longer listed on the diplomatic screen. I presume I will get credit for eradicating her faction, but I haven't checked this yet.

As to who Spears is, she is a faction leader of the Feminist Union, one of the new factions you can download from this bulletin board. She has, I believe, +3 research, and free bio labs and network nodes. As well, she starts with $500, which grows at a 50% per turn interest rate. When I first encountered her in the present game, she had about $50 million in the bank.

I am playing the Energists, another extremely powerful faction. I don't believe either of these two new factions could ever be defeated by any more conventional faction.

ned

Ned

Old March 19, 2000, 01:45   #9
DaveVegas
Chieftain

No offense, but what is the point of making these powerful factions? No fun to play if you know you are going to win. My faction emphasis is on economics. INTEREST +2 COMMERCE +3. What makes my faction strong is the +2 INDUSTRY. Having a high rate of income makes it possible to buy projects etc. I tried my best to make my faction balanced as possible. I hope more people make such factions. Sometimes you rule, sometimes you don't! Just an opinion!

quote:

Originally posted by Ned on 03-11-2000 07:43 AM

ned

Ned

------------------
Old March 19, 2000, 04:56   #10
LoD
Prince

What's the point of making powerful factions? To try kick their ass!

LoD
Old March 19, 2000, 11:40   #11
DaveVegas
Chieftain

I perfer to make a faction to play with rather than against. Although my faction is very tough to play against. Okay, I guess no one see's it the way I do!

quote:

Originally posted by LoD on 03-19-2000 03:56 AM
What's the point of making powerful factions? To try kick their ass!

LoD

Old March 19, 2000, 16:34   #12
LoD
Prince

DaveVegas: You misunderstood me. Of course, that what the majority of custom factions are for - to play as them. I was just stating that some of those are dedicated either to newbies, or to providing a challenge.

LoD