Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 12:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: ... build the FP in his capital...
Quote:
Originally posted by Konquest02
I think there is something about the FP taht the AI doesn't get...

The screenshot below was discovered when founding an embassy in my current Carthage game. The Vikings are not an OCC...
hi ,

this is a thing thats some times crazy to understand , why they dont build a worker there who in turn mines the hill , ......

Soren , could you do something about this

have a nice day
Old May 25, 2003, 15:55   #212
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 03:52
Re: ... build the FP in his capital...
Quote:
Originally posted by Konquest02
I think there is something about the FP taht the AI doesn't get...

The screenshot below was discovered when founding an embassy in my current Carthage game. The Vikings are not an OCC...
You can't build an FP in your capitol, so I suspect that the Viking city was building the FP, the Viking capitol was capture or destroyed, and the palace jumped to the FP build -- the AI doesn't want to waste the shields and so ends up with an FP-Palace combo. Yuck.

On the other hand, you're right that the AI usually builds its FP very close to the Palace -- not a bad play if the AI subsequently relocated its Palace . . . but it doesn't do that

Catt
Old May 25, 2003, 20:41   #213
Bamspeedy
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:52
Quote:
1. The Peace Treaty value already caluclates based on precise differences.
I suspect that they'd only give you the tech the next turn in a war where they didn't lose anything if they would have been willing to give you the tech for tribute to begin with.
Before they closed the 0-turn war exploit, you could get cities. Declare war by cancelling the peace treaty, and then before fully closing the diplomacy screen, contact the civ and re-negotiate peace and he'll caugh up a city or two. No full turn at war, and no battles took place, but you got cities for free. Do this every 20 turns to 8 AI on a huge map, and you net 8-16+ free cities every 20 turns. Aeson got like 120 cities (built himself, and extorted from the AI) by 10 AD doing this. Worked best on a huge map with minimal civs, because they spend so long in the expansion phase of the game that they have more size 1 cities to give up. Use ICS to build a ton of cities and give yourself a 'false' power lead to be able to extort the cities from the AI.

Now, you can still get some cities without actually fighting, but since you must wait 5 turns at least before signing peace, it is less powerful (and the AI doesn't give up cities quite as easily as before, but still does occasionally). And it seems like each time you go to war, it takes even longer before the AI will see your envoy.
Old May 26, 2003, 08:27   #214
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 12:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Bamspeedy

Before they closed the 0-turn war exploit, you could get cities. Declare war by cancelling the peace treaty, and then before fully closing the diplomacy screen, contact the civ and re-negotiate peace and he'll caugh up a city or two. No full turn at war, and no battles took place, but you got cities for free. Do this every 20 turns to 8 AI on a huge map, and you net 8-16+ free cities every 20 turns. Aeson got like 120 cities (built himself, and extorted from the AI) by 10 AD doing this. Worked best on a huge map with minimal civs, because they spend so long in the expansion phase of the game that they have more size 1 cities to give up. Use ICS to build a ton of cities and give yourself a 'false' power lead to be able to extort the cities from the AI.

Now, you can still get some cities without actually fighting, but since you must wait 5 turns at least before signing peace, it is less powerful (and the AI doesn't give up cities quite as easily as before, but still does occasionally). And it seems like each time you go to war, it takes even longer before the AI will see your envoy.
hi ,

sometimes they refuse to do so , later on it turns out the city is near a strategic or build on top of a resource , .....

have a nice day
Old May 26, 2003, 14:03   #215
Bamspeedy
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:52
Yes, if the city has a resource, or the city has culture in it, they won't give it up usually. But, I was just illustrating that you can get cities without fighting. In Civfanatics GOTM17, one guy contacted another civ with a suicide galley (couldn't reach them until navigation otherwise), declared war and then got a city from them in the BC's.