View Poll Results: CompUSA has PTW on sale for $20 bucks. Is it worth it?
Yes, I wasn't gonna pay $30, but it's worth $20 just for the new civs and ai tweaks. 15 16.13%
Yes, and I'd even pay $30 for it, this game is awesome! Thanks Fireaxis! 26 27.96%
NO, multi should have been included with the release and a year later it's released buggy. This game is a disgrace. 52 55.91%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 14, 2002, 07:19   #31
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Tiberius: Yea, buy it, but don't expect too much from MP .
It is preordered As for the MP part, I'm on a 56k not too reliable line, so as long as PBEM is working, I'll be happy
--Woody Allen
Old November 14, 2002, 07:22   #32
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:52
Don't write off MP too soon, if you know what I mean...
Old November 14, 2002, 10:28   #33
Cian McGuire
Warlord

Local Time: 05:52
I *love* EU2.

And I appreciate the response, Argos- in my interest to design scenarios it looks like I will be picking it up.

*sigh*
Old November 14, 2002, 11:42   #34
Argos65987
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Cian McGuire
I *love* EU2.

And I appreciate the response, Argos- in my interest to design scenarios it looks like I will be picking it up.

*sigh*
You're welcome, brother. The editor is much improved over the Civ3 editor. While it is not the be all end all of editors (I'm sure someone will always find a fault with almost anything), I've never really had any urge to get creative and modify a game before, but I've been messing around with this one constantly. I just wish I had the attention span to stick with creating a real scenario/mod.
Old November 14, 2002, 17:10   #35
MC Hawking
Settler

Local Time: 04:52
for $20 sure. multiplayer might be fixed to the point that it's fun, and the new single player aditions are good.
Old November 14, 2002, 22:09   #36
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 03:52
55% of current respondents think PtW is a disgrace
28% Say they'd buy anything Civ related at any price.
The rest say PtW is worth it at $20 but not at $30.

The next question is how long do you think it will take before PtW's price slides again?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old November 14, 2002, 22:12   #37
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 11:52
Why don't amazon.uk send me the buggy crap then???
I preordered two weeks ago, and now there is a patch.
Arrrrgh...
Old November 14, 2002, 23:13   #38
WarpStorm
King

I just love "scientific" polls.
Old November 15, 2002, 06:32   #39
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 12:52
I just done get it.

As far as I can tell, PtW is not worth less then 20$, considering that MP WILL BE FIXED, and that anything less would be way to cheap for a game.

So YES, it is worh 20$, but that doesn't mean that all people should buy it. It's not for everybody. It's for those who liked Civ3 too.

I think that more intereting poll would be about who would buy Civ3, but not PtW.

Since I guess that at least 20% (if not more) of those "PtW sucks people" would not buy Civ3 too, so they just don't count normaly (you don't ask opinion on XP from someone who doesn't want original too).
Old November 15, 2002, 11:22   #40
Cian McGuire
Warlord

Quote:
You're welcome, brother. The editor is much improved over the Civ3 editor. While it is not the be all end all of editors (I'm sure someone will always find a fault with almost anything), I've never really had any urge to get creative and modify a game before, but I've been messing around with this one constantly. I just wish I had the attention span to stick with creating a real scenario/mod.
Yup, went out and bought it yesterday and I'm very pleased with the editor (barring the lack of an events editor- it might not seem like much, but this is what gives a scenario personality) and the single-player game. I had just started working on some Europe-based scenarios set throughout the ages, and the addition of the new civs, the enhanced editor, and ability to have up to 32 civilizations at once will insure an excellent game. No more going to war with the "Neutral Countries"