Old November 22, 2002, 14:22   #181
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Gathering storm is a great name and I love them banner.

I can't wait to see how the game pans out.
Old November 22, 2002, 23:14   #182
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 05:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Lux Invicta: well, they picked out the Ottomans as their civ almost as soon as they formed... but that probably had more to do with the UU

This is rather interesting.
Actually our choice was very much made because of the traits. The UU just happened to be a fairly good one. Our agenda is Science, followed by strong industrial economy. Therefore our agenda coincides much with legoland, roleplay and gathering.

Too bad relations between gathering of storm and lux is off on the wonrg start when gathering of storm's temporary name was "kick trip's ass" LOL

Seriously, on behalf of Lux's team we have nothing agst your team though. I personally joined the team cause I liked the banner ([Japanese accent]Go Evangelion![/Japanese Accent] ), and I liked their traits, not because I like Trip. If I become a foreign advisor, we can probably work together like US and Russia did when they were working together in many scientific research.
Old November 23, 2002, 01:07   #183
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II

Actually our choice was very much made because of the traits. The UU just happened to be a fairly good one. Our agenda is Science, followed by strong industrial economy. Therefore our agenda coincides much with legoland, roleplay and gathering.
Trip had "Ottomans" listed in the "First Team" thread he formed as soon as he'd formed the team. I assume that everyone who joined the team, including such late arrivals as yourself, joined already knowing that the Ottomans were Trip's favored civ choice

That said, I assume you guys could have changed the team choice, but with so many people joining a team which stated that the Ottomans were their first civ choice, it would be supririsng if at least a few people who wanted to play the Ottomans joined the team for that reason
Old November 23, 2002, 01:36   #184
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:55
Quote:
Too bad relations between gathering of storm and lux is off on the wonrg start when gathering of storm's temporary name was "kick trip's ass" LOL

Seriously, on behalf of Lux's team we have nothing agst your team though. I personally joined the team cause I liked the banner ([Japanese accent]Go Evangelion![/Japanese Accent] ), and I liked their traits, not because I like Trip. If I become a foreign advisor, we can probably work together like US and Russia did when they were working together in many scientific research.
Note that we changed the name. I never seriously considered your leader's... anatomy to be a worthy enough cause to sustain a team. Although, it did attract some attention and thus served its purpose.

We welcome good relations with all teams. We will meet on the fields of battle with many at some time, surely. However we hope to share a drink in the halls of Valhalla with all who carry themselves with honour. Of course, we wish you to be there to greet us, not the other way around.
Old November 23, 2002, 13:21   #185
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Drink in valhalla? Does this mean have you made your decision?

I hoped to share slide rules and correct each other's significant figures, but oh well, This doesn't mean we can't be good neighbors..

EDIT: This post was originally a double post, so this one actually comes after the next one.

Last edited by Zero; November 25, 2002 at 20:07.
Old November 23, 2002, 13:23   #186
Zero
King

Quote:
That's good to here. We are very interested in concentrating on research and sharing technology with our neighbors, We might have a strong relations if you guys choose to become a scientific civ as well. But even if you choose non-scientific civ, we may get along just as well.
Old December 1, 2002, 15:34   #187
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Welcome Shiber.

Click on the link at the start of this thread.
Old December 3, 2002, 11:44   #188
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 10:55
Warning! A guy named TJFreak has signed up to join both you and Legoland. Thought you might want to know.
Old December 3, 2002, 11:51   #189
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 12:55
There are still a few of those groupies in our team list, last count there were 4 not authorised to enter. I'm not sure how NYE is trying to delete them, they didn't respond to PMs IIRC.

Thanks for the warning, though!

DeepO
Old December 3, 2002, 16:28   #190
quantum_mechani
Alpha Centauri Democracy GamePtWDG Legoland
Prince

Local Time: 01:55
Greetings from Legoland!

Thank you for your prompt appoinment of an ambassador to Legoland, as the offical ambassador from Legoland I am proud formalize diplomatic relations between our great nations (er..., small stone age villages ). As per DeepO's request on the Legoland thread, all negotiations will be conduted using apoyton PM.

BTW, are you playing the Vikings?
Old December 3, 2002, 17:37   #191
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:55
Quote:
Originally posted by quantum_mechani
Greetings from Legoland!

Thank you for your prompt appoinment of an ambassador to Legoland, as the offical ambassador from Legoland I am proud formalize diplomatic relations between our great nations (er..., small stone age villages ). As per DeepO's request on the Legoland thread, all negotiations will be conduted using apoyton PM.

Greetings from the office of the Foreign Minister! It is good to hear that you have contacted DeepO and arranged your communications. We have never heard of the people called the Vikings, we are of Egyptian decent.
May our relations turn to friendship as the game progresses.
Old December 3, 2002, 17:42   #192
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
We have never heard of the people called the Vikings, we are of Egyptian decent.
With all due respect to our illustrious Foreign Minister, we are not of Egyptian descent, we are the Egyptians.

Dominae
Old December 3, 2002, 17:43   #193
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I thought we were the Gathering Storm?

I know what you mean, I meant that we are (obviously) the GatheringStorm, which technically could make us a whole new nationality....but we have the skills and technology of the Egyptians....

depends on how you look at it I guess.

We're both! , ok?!?
Old December 3, 2002, 19:37   #194
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DeepO
There are still a few of those groupies in our team list, last count there were 4 not authorised to enter. I'm not sure how NYE is trying to delete them, they didn't respond to PMs IIRC.

Thanks for the warning, though!

DeepO
Not entirely true. A couple did reply, but with very little or no additional information. I am somewhat at a loss in knowing what to do with them. They are unknown to all of us, so it is unlikely they would be admitted.

Where to from here? I thought I'd drop the matter.
Old December 4, 2002, 06:20   #195
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by quantum_mechani
Greetings from Legoland!

Welcome, quantum_mechani! I wish I could offer you some 1x1 cakes, but sadly, we're out of supply right now. Would some bubbly wine be appreciated? (yeah, that's right, it's us Egyptians who first discovered the tech for champagne, not the French )

I'll contact you through PM to handle the rest of the contact between our two great nations, but could you please post here, or in another thread (as long as it is publicly accessible) that we are allowed to quote your PMs in our private forum? Otherwise there is the risk of running into legal problems on the 'poly fora...

Thank you, and see you soon,
DeepO
Old December 11, 2002, 10:31   #196
Meldor
Settler

Gathering Storm:

I have previously PMed this to NYE, but have recieved no response, so I will repeat it here.

I attempted to join this group a few days ago. The reason for this was mostly to enable me to follow this group. And if things were interesting enough, get involved.

I do not do much posting on 'Poly, most of my Civ3 activites take place over on CFC in the SG games. I have posted here in the strat forums on occassion, but understand that the folks here may not know me as well as the folks at CFC.

Therefore I understand if I was turned down for access to your groups private forum. Howevr, I received no noticed that I was accepted or rejected. The "civgroups" page now says I am "banned" from your private forum, but if I click for a member list of the group, it lists me as I member. One or the other should be corrected. If I am a member, then I would like access to the forum, if not, then I would like the "shield" removed from my postings.

As stated above, I sent a PM to NYE several days ago, but have received no response from him. Is this a bug with the site software? Do I need to have one of the moderators fix it?

Thanks.
Old December 11, 2002, 14:47   #197
notyoueither
Deity

My apologies, Meldor.

I receieved your email and lost track of it. My fault.

We do not react when someone clicks to join the team without saying anything else. I select the ban option so that those 'non'members are easier for me to see in the panel. I cannot remove anyone from the group. Only the user can do that by clicking on the 'leave' option next to our name.

I think we are full at the moment. If that changes I will contact you.
Old December 11, 2002, 15:00   #198
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Let me add to that, that there are still severall teams still accepting people.

Have fun Meldor,
Old December 11, 2002, 16:41   #199
Meldor
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
.......I cannot remove anyone from the group. Only the user can do that by clicking on the 'leave' option next to our name...........
There in lies the problem, since I am "banned" I can not select "leave", or am I looking in the wrong place.

BTW, no apology is needed. I understand that it is nothing personal. How can a causal observer get a look into the inner working of the groups? Again, I understand the need for some level of privacy, so I suppose this will remain a closed game unless you make a big commitment.
Old December 11, 2002, 17:04   #200
notyoueither
Deity

At the top of this window you should see something like:

CivGroups
Lux Invicta (13): Not a Member -Join
Glory of War (14): Not a Member -Join
Roleplay (24): Not a Member -Join
Gathering Storm (20): Member -Leave

Click on the 'Leave' link.
Old December 11, 2002, 18:43   #201
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 11:55
The "leave" option ain't there once one is banned. Believe me, I've been banned .
Old December 11, 2002, 19:54   #202
notyoueither
Deity

Really? That is a problem then, isn't it?

'Unbanned' Meldor. Fly, fly, be free...
Old December 11, 2002, 19:58   #203
notyoueither
Deity

Meldor

Can you see the 'Leave' link here?
http://apolyton.net/forums/civgroups.php?s=
Old December 11, 2002, 20:10   #204
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Meldor

Can you see the 'Leave' link here?
http://apolyton.net/forums/civgroups.php?s=
When you get done playing with your groupies, could you play your turn?
Old December 11, 2002, 21:09   #205
notyoueither
Deity

Sorry, can't play from work. Turn sent now (I left early).

Last edited by notyoueither; December 11, 2002 at 21:14.
Old December 11, 2002, 21:14   #206
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:

Sorry, can't paly from work. Turn sent now (I left early).
Thanks.
Old December 12, 2002, 10:06   #207
Meldor
Settler

NYE, Sorry, it still says that I am banned. I will check it later and if it says member I will leave.

Thanks.
Old December 12, 2002, 11:59   #208
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Meldor
NYE, Sorry, it still says that I am banned. I will check it later and if it says member I will leave.

Thanks.
Your not banned, you're a Prisoner of War. I guess they consider you a member of the Barbarian Civ.
Old December 12, 2002, 17:11   #209
Meldor
Settler

Cleared up, thanks.
Old December 27, 2002, 22:06   #210
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King