View Poll Results: Who should be President?
Aggie 45 80.36%
Banana 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 12, 2002, 19:22   #1
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Election: President (term 6)
Candidate
Aggie

Closes in 3 days. 72 hours from this post.

Added: Campaign Thread

Last edited by notyoueither; November 12, 2002 at 19:37.
Old November 12, 2002, 19:28   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:55
Vote Aggie... the banana in this race is rotting
Old November 12, 2002, 21:16   #3
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

I whole-heartedly support this service and/or product.
Old November 12, 2002, 22:19   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

As normal, Aggie is getting the highest tally of any candidate
Old November 12, 2002, 22:57   #5
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:55
who voted banana???
Old November 12, 2002, 23:04   #6
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
who voted banana???
Yeah, I warned people that the banana in this race was rotting... I mean, just look at it! It's completely black and smelly!

Not that I'm suggesting that this is a clothespin vote or anything

Aggie will make a great President, whereas this rotting banana may not even be around by the time you vote for it!
Old November 12, 2002, 23:11   #7
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I just think it's funny that it's so obvious Aggie's the new President and yet 3 people out there voted for the opposing banana candidate!

What if the banana won, do we re-poll?
Old November 13, 2002, 00:23   #8
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 10:55
repoll?

No. Banna = to abstain, ie not to vote against.

Personally, I think a "No coinfidence" option would keep candidates on their toes.
Old November 13, 2002, 03:46   #9
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
What if the banana won, do we re-poll?
Well... here's what the NewCon has to say:

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
Article VII. Elections
3 The Court is empowered to oversee all elections and is empowered to resolve any election disputes.
6 If no candidate for office receives more than 50% of the vote, there shall be a run-off election held from the 15th to the 18th.
(a) The Court shall create a run-off poll with the two candidates who received the most votes.
7 Ties shall be resolved by the Court in any manner of their choosing.
I'm guessing that since lines 6 and 7 don't really cover the issue of what we do if the Banana wins, the answer would be decided by the Court, as determined by line 3. So I suppose that we'd better ask the Court what it would do if a candidate ever lost to the banana (if anything).

If you want a more satisfying answer than that, we can always propose an amendment (though I'm rather sure the issue will likley NEVER come up other than as a hypothetical...).
Old November 13, 2002, 07:00   #10
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

If you want a more satisfying answer than that, we can always propose an amendment (though I'm rather sure the issue will likley NEVER come up other than as a hypothetical...).
Thanks, that answered my question. No amendment is necessary, the NewCon is huge enough.

Hypothetically it could happen.... I would feel pretty sorry for whoever it happened to though!
Old November 13, 2002, 15:14   #11
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Actually if somebody did lose to the banana I hope they would do the decent thing and resign.
Aggie
Old November 13, 2002, 15:34   #12
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:55
People, Don't forget, that this is the most Imortant election under the New Con. Even if you know that Aggie is a shoo-in, you still need to vote here, because

Quote:
(e) To pass, the proposed law must receive more “yea” votes than “nay” votes. It must also meet the quorum.
(i) The quorum: The total number of votes cast in the poll for passage must be greater than or equal to 25% of the total number of votes cast in the most recent Presidential election.
So cast your vote now!

E_T
Old November 13, 2002, 16:20   #13
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Hey, it might happen to me.

Actually I beleive the current President would decide, as he has the power to appoint a minister if one leaves, retires, or is incapable of his duties. I beleive a rotten banana is incapable of governing.
Old November 13, 2002, 16:33   #14
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
People, Don't forget, that this is the most Imortant election under the New Con. Even if you know that Aggie is a shoo-in, you still need to vote here, because

So cast your vote now!

E_T
Just to clarify, the new CoL doesn't have a quorum on elections. That would be slightly counterproductive, as the new CoL currently sets the quorum based on elections .

Just thought I'd clarify. Having said that, I agree with E_T -- Vote Aggie!

-- adaMada
Old November 13, 2002, 18:18   #15
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

The Banana now has 20% of the vote

E_T
Old November 13, 2002, 21:48   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Aggie's holding above 80% against the Banana which is pretty good historically.
Old November 13, 2002, 23:45   #17
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Now, come on, if you vote to let a rotten banana sit at the computer, that's just a dis to Aggie!
Old November 14, 2002, 13:06   #18
E_T
Emperor

[EDIT] Wrong day, can't keep 'em straight anymore.........

E_T

Last edited by E_T; November 14, 2002 at 16:58.
Old November 14, 2002, 13:21   #19
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 12:55
hi ,

Aggie , who else to vote for , that banana , well he aint going to do zip , ....... so A it shall be , ....

lead us to victory A !

panag > offers A a case of banana's to celebrate

have a nice day
Old November 15, 2002, 01:34   #20
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Aggie,

Perhaps you should tell them who your VP nominee would be. I'm curious to see if it'll affect the voting.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 15, 2002, 12:33   #21
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I would like to take this moment to thank all my supporters who made this possible. I also hereby announce that I would like Togas to continue to serve his nation as Vice President. I hereby nominate him for Vice President. He has served this nation most excellently as FAM and I'm sure that he will be the perfect Vice President.
Aggie
Old November 15, 2002, 13:26   #22
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I would like to take this moment to thank all my supporters who made this possible. I also hereby announce that I would like Togas to continue to serve his nation as Vice President. I hereby nominate him for Vice President. He has served this nation most excellently as FAM and I'm sure that he will be the perfect Vice President.
Aggie
And then 36 hold-outs vote Banana and Aggie's statement becomes moot............
Old November 15, 2002, 14:00   #23
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
And then 36 hold-outs vote Banana and Aggie's statement becomes moot............
Hey! Are you saying that by nominating me as VP Aggie's going to get overrun by banana votes??

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 15, 2002, 14:00   #24
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Aggie
hi ,

huh , Aggie , it might be beter to let the people vote for the vice seat , ......

this way the people have the choice , .....

have a nice day
Old November 15, 2002, 14:51   #25
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

They will be able to vote, panag.

The president nominates him, and then he is put forth for a confirmation vote.
Old November 15, 2002, 14:57   #26
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
They will be able to vote, panag.

The president nominates him, and then he is put forth for a confirmation vote.
hi ,

, are you sure , because Aggie sounds so convincing , .......

we should not forget that he has a great military brain , ... and sooner or later those guys want all the power for them alone , .......

it starts first with a judge , then the VP , and before you know it , bang , a revolution , .....

have a nice weekend , NYE
Old November 15, 2002, 15:00   #27
Aggie
King

I probably post the poll when the elections are officially over. Hopefully during the chat.
Aggie
Old November 17, 2002, 07:29   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:55
Congrats to Aggie on his resounding success, and the assurance of Apolytonia's almighty future under the Big Banana.

I will now beseech the gOdZ to take my spellZ away and grant them to this most accomplished of new Presidents.

Fare thee well, Apolytonia.....

MrWhereItsAt
Third and Fifth President of Apolytonia.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 17, 2002, 11:35   #29
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Congrats to Aggie on his resounding success, and the assurance of Apolytonia's almighty future under the Big Banana.

I will now beseech the gOdZ to take my spellZ away and grant them to this most accomplished of new Presidents.

Fare thee well, Apolytonia.....

MrWhereItsAt
Third and Fifth President of Apolytonia.
hi ,

Héy , you are not going to leave us hé ?

because you sound like it !

have a nice day
Old November 22, 2002, 13:38   #30
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:55
Well done Aggie.

The highest percentage ever for a president I think.