View Poll Results: Who should be Domestic Minister?
E_T 27 50.00%
GhengisFarb 27 50.00%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 16, 2002, 11:27   #91
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Let me say that I believe the court has this well under hand, and that their strategy of reviewing the voting list is crucial to a fair solution to this trial. Without eliminating any non-citizen citizen votes, we can't even say if we truely have a tie. Obviously, other considerations must be taken into account, such as Markos' willing to grant the voting list to the Court and etc, but assuming the court can get hold of the votes, this is clearly the best option avaliable to them at this time. Of course, should there still prove to be a tie after invalid votes are removed, the court will have to find another option, which I have the greatest faith in their ability to do -- but I believe that this is the place for them to start.

-- adaMada
Old November 16, 2002, 11:56   #92
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:55
Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Let me say that I believe the court has this well under hand, and that their strategy of reviewing the voting list is crucial to a fair solution to this trial. Without eliminating any non-citizen citizen votes, we can't even say if we truely have a tie. Obviously, other considerations must be taken into account, such as Markos' willing to grant the voting list to the Court and etc, but assuming the court can get hold of the votes, this is clearly the best option avaliable to them at this time. Of course, should there still prove to be a tie after invalid votes are removed, the court will have to find another option, which I have the greatest faith in their ability to do -- but I believe that this is the place for them to start.

-- adaMada
It's good that we test this out now, while the New Con is still young. That way, we can properly Amend the New Con to properly address this issue in the future.

[EDIT] If it means that it might delay the start of the next Gameplay, Hey I could yous a day or two away from the game (I think GF might too). I'd be a nice change of pace before getting going into the next term.

E_T
Old November 16, 2002, 12:51   #93
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 04:55
The NewCon is tested right when it is in first in effect...
once again
"Rolf's eyes are fooling the brain of Rolf"
GF is trying to be a gentleman and withdraw but the courts need practice on the newcon...
Old November 16, 2002, 15:08   #94
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 12:55
hi ,

it should be a joint seat , hey , we have necer tried it , so why not , .....

have a nice day
Old November 16, 2002, 21:17   #95
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

{GhengisFarb does his Al Gore impression}

Okay, I'm back in. Wait a minute, no I'm not. Okay, sure I'm back in. Nevermind, I just got a job at McDonald's as shift leader.
Old November 17, 2002, 07:33   #96
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:55
A tie?!?!?! Ah Jeez - guess I should have woken my friend up so I could have voted using his Net connection.....

Let's see how the vaunted NewCon handles this.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 17, 2002, 11:44   #97
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
A tie?!?!?! Ah Jeez - guess I should have woken my friend up so I could have voted using his Net connection.....

Let's see how the vaunted NewCon handles this.
hi ,

, so you admit you have a criminal intend , ......

the judge asks ; did you ever before this election rigged in any other way a previous election , ....

MWIA ; yes

the jury ; kill him

panag ; let the army take over untill this matter is settled

GF ; hmmm , yes let the army take control , i shall be the leader

NYE , calm down people , if any one is going to do something , then it shall be me !

have a nice sunday afternoon
Old November 18, 2002, 02:09   #98
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

To the Court of Apolytonia,

If it would please the court, could we (the public) have some form of status report on the DM Election Tie. Have you gotten the information from the gOdZ that you need yet? If so, are you close to finishing the recount (should be a better term here) of the votes? Are you still working on the proceedures for the recount? I know a few of us would like to have some kind of update.

E_T
Old November 18, 2002, 05:39   #99
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

If it would please the court, could we (the public) have some form of status report on the DM Election Tie. Have you gotten the information from the gOdZ that you need yet? If so, are you close to finishing the recount (should be a better term here) of the votes? Are you still working on the proceedures for the recount? I know a few of us would like to have some kind of update.

E_T
hi ,

, a recount , this start to smell big time , it seems we have some people from Florida here , .....

actually what is the best thing to do ? > use the COL , ....

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; November 18, 2002 at 08:01.
Old November 18, 2002, 06:54   #100
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

E_T
Apologies E_T, and everyone else. However, a meeting of the Court was disrupted due to a strange darkness befalling our world (Poly was down). I am certain that something will appear soon. I can say nothing else now.
Old November 18, 2002, 09:44   #101
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 05:55
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

E_T
How About checking vote irregularitys. In stead of calling it a recount.
Old November 18, 2002, 10:38   #102
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimitz
Sounds good, I just couldn't think of a proper term.

E_T
Old November 21, 2002, 06:31   #103
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimitz
hi ,

huh , and how exactly would that be done , ........

have a nice day
Old November 22, 2002, 13:44   #104
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:55
Hmmmn

too late for me to vote then.