Old November 12, 2002, 20:44   #1
Master-Mike
Warlord

Local Time: 20:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Offical Updates
Ive noticed there hasnt been an offical update for 2 weeks now, the last one was the 29th of october. I now it is close to GOLD hopefully a few days if there to meet the 26th deadline. IG said they would be doing weekly updates on the progress of the game. I know they are busy with GOLD status approaching but it would be nice just to hear a little bit of news every week, as i checked this site nearly daily. P.S hurry up and go gold, once you do im going to my local EB store and pre-ordering a copy. I cant order befor gold because it still might be a month away and i need to count my pennies this close to christmas. Keep up the good work.
Master-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 05:26   #2
Gooberman32
Warlord

Local Time: 18:56
Dont badger them! anyway the developers(mainly Rantz) have been giving updates in one form or another and theres a playtest article up on gamespy. the reason why they havent posted anything new "officialy" is because they are very busy with the game.
Old November 13, 2002, 05:30   #3
Master-Mike
Warlord

Local Time: 20:56
Yes i know there very busy, it would just be nice to hear that yes the game will be released on the 26th. The first computer game i ever bought as MOO thats what got me started on computer games. Ive been following this game closely for nearly three years so i am excited that it is nearly here. Once i know its gone GOLD then im going to rush down to my local EB store and pre-order it.
Master-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 10:18   #4
BraerFox
Settler

Local Time: 04:56
As the "Kiddies" were chanting "when do we get there" and "I have to go potty" on the IG site, Rantz dropped in this AM to say they were almost there.

BraerFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 13:40   #5
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 11:56
Old November 13, 2002, 14:17   #6
MasterDave
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 10:56
Of course Rantz has been saying they are "almost there" ever since they blew off their previous "official" 3Q release date a couple of months ago (which he doggedly insisted they would meet until the last minute). Not to mention the previous delays that happened around May of this year and December of last year (according to the ad on the back of my original Civ3 manual).

"Almost there" is definitely NOT the same thing as a bona-fide "Gone Gold" announcement.
MasterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2002, 20:45   #7
timorange
Settler

Local Time: 10:56
Re: Offical Updates
Quote:
Originally posted by Master-Mike
Ive noticed there hasnt been an offical update for 2 weeks now, the last one was the 29th of october. I now it is close to GOLD hopefully a few days if there to meet the 26th deadline. IG said they would be doing weekly updates on the progress of the game. I know they are busy with GOLD status approaching but it would be nice just to hear a little bit of news every week, as i checked this site nearly daily. P.S hurry up and go gold, once you do im going to my local EB store and pre-ordering a copy. I cant order befor gold because it still might be a month away and i need to count my pennies this close to christmas. Keep up the good work.
QS does not have a fulltime web person. They are busy not only with MOO3, but with other projects too. And maybe infogrames is controlling what they are allowed to release so close to the ship date?

Can't you people who whine for updates give these poor folks a break?

Sheesh.
timorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2002, 21:27   #8
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 05:56
I faith In QS and Rantz, they'll get it done, and done right
H Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2002, 07:36   #9
yndy
Settler

Local Time: 12:56
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterDave
Of course Rantz has been saying they are "almost there" ever since they blew off their previous "official" 3Q release date a couple of months ago (which he doggedly insisted they would meet until the last minute). Not to mention the previous delays that happened around May of this year and December of last year (according to the ad on the back of my original Civ3 manual).

"Almost there" is definitely NOT the same thing as a bona-fide "Gone Gold" announcement.
I certainly hope this is not the case. Don't know about you but I was waiting for the release all this year and every delay was like hell for me.
yndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2002, 10:27   #10
Gooberman32
Warlord

We should be getting that gone gold announcement from chantz anytime soon(preferably really really soon) i havent been this excited about a game since Peter Molyneaux's Black and White
Old November 15, 2002, 10:57   #11
Xentax
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooberman32
We should be getting that gone gold announcement from chantz anytime soon(preferably really really soon) i havent been this excited about a game since Peter Molyneaux's Black and White
GAH! Talk about a bad omen! Black and White "hoovered", to borrow the DelphiMOO forum vernacular.

I haven't been this excited since Vice City was due out, and I wasn't disappointed there
Old November 15, 2002, 23:48   #12
Gooberman32
Warlord

Hoovered? please explain
Old November 16, 2002, 00:34   #13
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:56
Hoover is a vaccum cleaner and they suck up dirt. Hence he is saying that Black and White sucked.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2002, 12:10   #14
Xentax
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
Hoover is a vaccum cleaner and they suck up dirt. Hence he is saying that Black and White sucked.
Precisely.
Old November 18, 2002, 13:55   #15
Craig P.
Warlord

Local Time: 04:56
And this substitution was required because the Delphi software censored "suck".
Craig P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2002, 06:17   #16
Grumbold
Emperor

Forum censoring seems to be getting increasingly dumb. Even words like circumference and Essex are getting blocked out by the really bad ones
Old November 19, 2002, 08:20   #17
Besuchov
Settler

Quote:
Forum censoring seems to be getting increasingly dumb. Even words like circumference and Essex are getting blocked out by the really bad ones
Why of course, we all now that Essex is a truly evil place
Besuchov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2002, 13:04   #18
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold
there are ways around the censor, but doing it for the words that really should be censored is a bannable offense here.

like if your talking about Dick Cheney instead of you have a small **** They usually let you get away with referring to the Vice President, the other one... just hope the mods don't see it
Old November 19, 2002, 13:49   #19
wmtrexler
Civilization III Multiplayer
Settler

Posted here!

Update from Chantz
Hi Folks,

Yes, it's been a while, just wanted to give you a quick update.

*The release date for MOO3 has been moved back to 12/4.*

*We're probably going to go gold this Friday or sooner* - i'll make an announcement here when it does.

You'll see EB and the like retool their dates over the next few days.

I know some of you are going to be upset, but understand, we want to release a thoroughly enjoyable, bug free Single Player AND Multiplayer gaming experience. Right now, we have a couple of late game crash bugs in MP that *have* been nailed; we just need some more time to test.

Most of our external testers feel that the game can ship as it stands now. However, we care about all the MP players out there (and there are a lot of you), so we're doing it right. This make all of us (QSI, our internal testers and external testers) very happy.

Be thankful that we are NOT rushing this out the door So hang tight and be cool...we're almost done!

Best,
Constantine
Old November 19, 2002, 13:53   #20
H Tower

post this as a new thread, and make the name of the thread, RELEASE DATE NOW 12/4!!! and then send a pm to danQ or Markg with the news.

great find!
Old November 19, 2002, 14:05   #21
Grumbold
Emperor

I sure hope that is in American format, because there's no way I can stand waiting until April!!
Old November 19, 2002, 15:54   #22
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:56
I just read that on GoneGold, not news in that we had expected it, but at least we have heard something.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote