Old November 12, 2002, 22:00   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Apolyton Faction: Idea Discussion Thread
I may as well suggest it here, on the assumption that there is enough people in the AC-Fiction forum for it to happen. Maybe it could also help bring some life back to it as well...

For those not familiar with the Apolyton Empire that is going on back in the Civ3-Stories, I suggest starting a game/story where we play character (or ourselves) with whatever government or military or public position within the custom faction base on the Apolyton Forums on an alternate chiron with all of the SMAC and SMAX factions in it.

The first leader of the Apolyton Faction (which will have the title of Moderator) will be played by the player (out of all those that starts the story) with the most post counts. If more then one player wants the same position, then the player with the biggest post count gets it. Once the game starts rolling, if one wants the position and as a higher post count, then they must gradually take the position within the story with their character via election, assassination, blackmail and etc. Through these characters, we develop out Apolyton Faction, which is base on SMAC/X and the forums, and get to do things we can't do in SMAC/X or in the Democracy game.

In a way, it is like the Democracy Game, just without the polls, elections and so on.... and it focuses on roleplaying and having fun.

One doesn't need to be a great writer because one doesn't need to write entire story per post. A single paragraph or less should suffice...but if you want to write a story, go ahead!

For the game to start, we need to figure out and agree on a starting year, what tech level we start with, social choices we start with, what positions that players will start with (for example, Moderator, Alpha Talent, Governor, a Military commander, some Advisor and etc), agree on a map, and so on.

If one wants an good example, go to civ3-stories or click the Apolyton Empire link in my signature to check the AE game and how it works.

So, anyone interested? ideas? suggestions? questions? comments? etc?

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2002, 20:09   #2
Mellian
Queen

OKay... I hope i didn't kill AC-Fiction with this idea... last time it been so quiet is when BAC decided to kick me out

-Mellian
Old November 19, 2002, 09:03   #3
Raging Mouse
Prince

Local Time: 12:56
Well, thing is, similar things have been done before.... Chronicles of Planet (IIRC) spring to mind...
Raging Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2002, 18:55   #4
Mellian
Queen

never hear of Chronicles of Planet...

...and besides, doesn't hurt to try again, especially when Apolyton Empire is doing pretty well (and i thought i wouldn't be able to start another multi-author story going in this forum)

-Mellian
Old November 20, 2002, 00:15   #5
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 04:56
It may do well, Mellian, but unfortunately, it seems as if the only people who still come here are the BAC chaps and Roaring Mouse here.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2002, 12:08   #6
Mellian
Queen

...and me

Yes, true. but won't start it if no one of the current people coming to this forum is interested.

-Mellian
Old November 20, 2002, 23:22   #7
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 18:56
Maybe posting something in the OTF to gauge interest level.
Urban Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2002, 16:11   #8
Clear Skies
Prince

Local Time: 10:56
I'm still around, still lurking...don't write much SMAC fiction these days (Unity hasn't been updated in years), and I don't have much time on my hands (what with Oxford applications n stuff), but if a good idea comes along n lights my creative fire I'll jump on board
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2002, 13:47   #9
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Maybe posting something in the OTF to gauge interest level.

could try that.

-Mellian