Old November 13, 2002, 05:57   #1
Master-Mike
Warlord

Local Time: 20:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Screen Shots from MOO3 DEMO
I found some new screen shots that i havnt seen around here befor so i thought i would let you's in on it. Its from the Demo of Moo3 released in Australian PC Powerplay Issue 73. http://www.agz.com.au/FeaturedGames/Moo3/

Ive also upload these screen shots. I believe this demo was from an earlier build but they are very interesting.
Master-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 06:23   #2
Master-Mike
Warlord

Here are some more screen shoots, couldnt fit them all in the first time.
Old November 13, 2002, 06:50   #3
Nightingale
Settler

Local Time: 11:57
They are old, but nice, I do like the way you make ground units, very cool!

Will be nice when all this waiting is over, I'm starting to feel a bit like when I was little, and waiting for Christmas.
Old November 13, 2002, 09:14   #4
Llama
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:57
Re: Screen Shots from MOO3 DEMO
Quote:
Originally posted by Master-Mike
I found some new screen shots that i havnt seen around here befor so i thought i would let you's in on it. Its from the Demo of Moo3 released in Australian PC Powerplay Issue 73. http://www.agz.com.au/FeaturedGames/Moo3/

Ive also upload these screen shots. I believe this demo was from an earlier build but they are very interesting.
Oh christ not that again. Yes, it was a very early build, and it shouldn't have been released but IG Australia sent it out to the mag. It's not a demo, it's more along the lines of an alpha.
Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 09:49   #5
Besuchov
Settler

But togeather with the newer screens and the info of what has been cut they might give some inressting info. I for one did not understand the 'rules' for groundunits that could be seen on gamespy until I saw these.
Besuchov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2002, 16:57   #6
Master-Mike
Warlord

It is a demo because im playing it right now. A few bugs but works fine on Wondows 98 SE, I tried it on XP but had no hope, luckly i have both installed on a partitioned Hard drive. It may be an Alpha but it is still playable and i can fiddle with it to learn more about the game, untill the full version is released.
Old November 13, 2002, 21:39   #7
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 05:57
Re: Re: Screen Shots from MOO3 DEMO
Quote:
Originally posted by Llama

Oh christ not that again. Yes, it was a very early build, and it shouldn't have been released but IG Australia sent it out to the mag. It's not a demo, it's more along the lines of an alpha.
or pre-alpha
H Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2002, 00:28   #8
Deathmerchant
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:57
Yeah..
To be exact it is actually a leaked pre-alpha build of the game. You should be swamped with crappy graphics, missing art, bugs all over the place, probally has part of the old research system in there. Might even still have IFPs

Besides.. the new screenshots just released graphics of those very same things. *New* Graphics.
Old November 14, 2002, 11:21   #9
Xentax
Warlord

Local Time: 05:57
It did still have IFP in it still.

MOO3 has changed so much since the "Kangamoo"; there's more different than in common, IMNSHO.
Old November 14, 2002, 18:49   #10
Grumbold
Emperor

Yes it would be nice if this thread could be locked so it doesn't keep rising to the top and misinforming any new readers....
Old November 14, 2002, 19:00   #11
Master-Mike
Warlord

Forums are for the spread of information and ideas, even if they are old ones. Other people may be interested in reading them, simple if your not then dont read it.
Old November 14, 2002, 19:05   #12
Grumbold
Emperor

Its the presenting of these screen shots as representative of the game that is about to be released that I dont like. That is misinformation, not information. The game has changed significantly in the last 12 months and we simply don't know which of these screens are true, false or subtly wrong. You can only tell what the game looks like now by looking at screenshots released now. There are plenty of those around to provide links to, should you choose.
Old November 14, 2002, 19:57   #13
Master-Mike
Warlord

This "demo", alpha build was released less then six months ago, It was built after IFP's where already tacken out, as that happened nearly a year ago when the game was delayed and redeveloped. If you read my first post i did State that i believe it was from an earlier build. And by the way the Demo as not crashed on me since i started running it on Windows 98 SE, it barely ran on XP. Im sure it has changed alot since then but for new people who dont know much about moo3 it will give them an insight into the game. I've only had a quick look at the demo as i dont want to spoil it when i get the whole game, but it is tempting.
Old November 15, 2002, 17:38   #14
Rantz
Quicksilver

Local Time: 10:57
Mike~

the kangamoo atrocity was from a pre alpha build that we had done in may of 2001. To say it was done 6 months ago is highly innacurate.

IFP's and all revisions of the games were started in March of 2002, announced in April, which alone is more than 6 months.

The Kangamoo, either in visual approach, or in gameplay style bears little resemblance to the product that will be out this month. It's like looking at a guy in a hospital cover in bandages and IV tubes while he's being fixed up and saying 'well he's an ugly git, there's no hope for him' and bearing it with the same weight and conditon he'll be in when he's released.

Should the Kangamoo ever even been seen by the public? No, but it's a bit too late to be unringing any bells at this point
Rantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2002, 23:54   #15
Gooberman32
Warlord

Local Time: 18:57
all right!!! Rantz said its coming out this month! now we need a gold announcement.
Old November 16, 2002, 00:36   #16
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:57
Amen
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2002, 02:53   #17
Master-Mike
Warlord

Ive only looked at it once, as i didnt want to spoil the game when i get it, as ive been waiting for 3 years. Thats great news that the game is still being released this month as ive already pre-ordered it. Sorry for any misunderstandings. Great work by the way, i still liked it in pre-alpha.