Old November 13, 2002, 18:39   #1
Kramsib
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 12:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: PG's ID: 0000 Founder of PROGRESSIVE GAMES. Living in Leganés (Madrid), but born in SANTANDER
The scenario of your dreams.
I have started a scenario some months ago in my Civ III version (not PTW yet), but I realised that it is not possible to edit the diplomatic relationships among factions.

I wonder, if you guys, who have already PTW, could tell me if it is possible to edit the diplomatic relationships with the expansion.

Thank you.
Old November 14, 2002, 01:19   #2
bartdanr
CTP2 Source Code Project
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:59
Alas, if there is, *I* haven't found it. (Which isn't necessarily saying much...)

I hope the expansion packs for Civ III allow at *least* what we could do in Civ II in its final editor.

[WHINE MODE] Ever since Civ I, the same pattern has been followed: First Civ I, then CivNet...then Civ II (lost CivNet's multiplayer), then several expansion packs and finally a great editor and multiplayer. Upgrade to ToT, and lose even a map editor. Now, Civ III...no multiplayer to begin with, primitive editor. Why can't we expect the next upgrade to a game to at *least*let you do what you did before? Why take a step back before you can take some steps forward?[/WHINE MODE]

Still, the PTW editor to me seems far more functional, though to be honest I haven't had much experience on the 1.29f editor (I didn't want to spend too much time building a scenario with the fear that it would be PTW incompatible.)
Old November 14, 2002, 01:45   #3
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

no (fixed) diplo settings are possible with PTW editor
Old November 14, 2002, 08:56   #4
Kramsib
Emperor

Location: PG's ID: 0000 Founder of PROGRESSIVE GAMES. Living in Leganés (Madrid), but born in SANTANDER
Thank you very much guys.

Now, seeing that Civ III scenario is not worthwhile, I can start my scenario with Civ 2 editor.
Old November 14, 2002, 11:17   #5
twilight
Chieftain

[QUOTE] Originally posted by bartdanr
Alas, if there is, *I* haven't found it. (Which isn't necessarily saying much...)

I hope the expansion packs for Civ III allow at *least* what we could do in Civ II in its final editor.

---

The final? Do you mean Test of time? 4 maps?

Indeed, this would be the thing I wish for chrismas the next several years.
Old November 14, 2002, 11:54   #6
Kramsib
Emperor

4 Maps ? What?

How is it possible?

Explain me more please.
Old November 15, 2002, 06:32   #7
twilight
Chieftain

Do you remember an old game called Master of Magic? Was much like civ but the races were orcs, darkelves, Dwarves and the techs were spells. Uhm, not important. They had weird obeliscs on the the sunny side of the map that leads to the underworld. This map exactly big than the other were full of other races and new continents.

I think this was the idea for the max four maps in Test of time. To do something like that was very simple. In the old textfiles "rules.txt" you could add them, every map had other terrains with other graphic and values and could be drawn in the normal editor.

The possibilites were unbeleivable because you could do whatever you wanted. One normal world and three planets or two and a vast space. Or perhaps a water-underworld where in modern times could be placed new cities on the ocean grounds (since WWI Submarines could change naturally to this terrain what nobody else could so they dive *really*. Or an high orbit, in Fantasy an underworld with the Undead or tombs with treasures. You could play all things, that was easy as there were events. It's a pity.

My favoured was the orbit. When developing spaceflight I got an early spaceshuttle, the first unit able to go to this map. Was a very fine feeling, you were the first, no one saw this map before.

The fine thing was you could decide how these maps were related and how units were able to move to them. On normal world for example special digger-units could digg in (change naturally to the underworld map) and they could be able to change massive earth or stone to tunnels, bunkers whatever. So a new world were created there. then they added stairways to that maps and other units like soldiers or settlers could follow without having the natural ability to dig in. Then some aircrafts develop going into space, transporters could get soldiers with them, then building cities on clouds or some orbital installations build by you, adding something like a spaceairport or a spacelift others can follow without transport. From the orbit or our galaxy there could lead wormholes to other galaxies. No unit could change to those maps without using them and so on. Wonderful.

But the AI was not able to use this.

When CivIII were'nt as good as it is (diplomacy, stacks are'nt destroyed when one unit is gone, ressources) I never touched it and would be right now playing test of time.
Old November 15, 2002, 06:36   #8
twilight
Chieftain

Oops, forgot this. I never felt anger for the the game developers. When you are able to do such things it is not to be expected that the AI understands you.

That's our time's problem. No real Artifical Intelligence. One day..... yes, one day....