Old March 20, 2000, 16:19   #1
Adam_Smith
Prince

Local Time: 01:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Morgan's Challenge: The File
http://24.30.120.163/*34180

There is the address of my ICQ page. Hopefully you guys can get it there. If you can't just post here telling me your email address and I will mail it to you.

The settings are:

Transcendent of course
Standard Map
Abundant Life
Any Victory
Intense Rivalry
No Spoils of War

GO FOR IT!

Send me your files if you do win (or even if you don't) so I can make a high score board. I'll either post it here or at my ICQ page.
Old March 21, 2000, 18:32   #2
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 20:40
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Well, I'm playing this challenge. MY 2287 and it's a won game. Four Booger factions eradicated. I have as many bases as the other two combined, 35-40. it will take some time to gas all the Progenitors to death, but the issue is no longer in doubt.

Biggest problem with this approach is that all the other factionns are the same color. Use all the same base names and their names are differentiated only by 2-2-... after both H'minee and Caretakers. On more than one occasion, I attacked a faction with which I was at Truce, because I couldn't distinguish which faction's units were there.

No reason not to elect yourself Governor on the first turn, adds one energy to each base.

H'minee hates GREEN as much as Free Market. I've been GREEN almost the whole game, since about 2145, when I discovered Empathy.

Planet rating doesn't help on defense, so worms were the best relative unit to the defensive capabilities of the Caretakers. (Base 3:2, +20% for Planet rating of attacker, +25% for Caretaker Defense, +25% for Resonance armor --- 3.6:3 if life cycle of native unit matches Morale of defender. Compare to 4:3.75 for impact attacking Res. Armor. Moreover, frequently the attack can be made in fungus (even rocky fungus) which makes 5.1 or 5.4 to 3 vs. 4 to 5.5 or so.)

Basically, I used worms to keep the bordering Caretaker factions at a distance until I developed Doc:Air, then commenced to roll them over with X Missile Needlejets.

I built the Command, the Cyborg, the Maritime, the Cloudbase and, of course, the Neural Amplifier. Took the Genome and the Empath. Still lack the CDF, the Weather, the Merchant and the Virtual World.

Ought to be done by about 2350.

Old March 22, 2000, 22:52   #3
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 20:40
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Turn and game complete. MY 2328 conquest.

I ran out of patience and destroyed the Virtual World, The Planetary Datalinks and the Planetary Energy Grid. Never bothered to build any fusion units (got Fusion Power right at the end)

File sent to Adam_Smith.
Old March 23, 2000, 00:36   #4
Adam_Smith
Prince

Congratulations Mongoose!

I never knew that Morgan could use native life like that.

2856 points

285% rating

Who is going to try and beat his score?
Old March 30, 2000, 18:22   #5
Adam_Smith
Prince

Bumping this for Enigma