Old November 14, 2002, 13:35   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 07:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quorum Call for Term VI
As we have (at the moment) 46 people who have voted in the Presidential Elections, we will need to know who they are for possible senate Quorum Calls on votes.

Please post here that you voted in the election. This is also for anyone who might wish to join the game during the next term.

[EDIT] making the list..[/edit]
Current Senate Members:
Aggie
Arnelos
adaMada
GheingisFarb
E_T
Thud
Torbjorn
civman2000
GodKing
DAVOUT

E_T

Last edited by E_T; November 14, 2002 at 15:10.
Old November 14, 2002, 13:51   #2
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:02
The quorum is a quantity, not a list; it results from the poll for election of the President. Votes are private as per the constitutions (old and new).
Old November 14, 2002, 13:52   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I voted..... not that it really means anything.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 14, 2002, 14:16   #4
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 06:02
Do you really think we might have a situation where an offical poll gets 11 or less votes?

(And I voted)

Last edited by joncnunn; November 14, 2002 at 14:44.
Old November 14, 2002, 14:28   #5
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

As anybody can propose a new law, it is well possible that some proposal interest a very small number of people; the quorum is just made to make sure that any voted law has retained the attention of at least 25% of people having shown their interest in the democratic life in voting in the poll for President election.
Old November 14, 2002, 14:30   #6
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:02
I voted

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 14, 2002, 14:39   #7
Torbjorn
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

I have also voted
Old November 14, 2002, 15:05   #8
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

This is for several reasons:

1) to see who is still active in the game
2) For the possible future Senate leader to know who to PM if a critical vote is up for consideration and still might not have voted. That way if someone is away and checking things on a semi-regular basis, they will be aware of issues that might require their attention.

With the New Con coming into effect shortly, this could be a nice thing to have.

Also, our current sheet of who is in the game is way outdated (200+ people) and this will allow us to see who is still playing.

Quote:
The quorum is a quantity, not a list; it results from the poll for election of the President. Votes are private as per the constitutions (old and new).
Yes they are private, I'm not asking for HOW they voted, just IF they voted or not.

E_T
Old November 14, 2002, 15:11   #9
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

The CivGroups, though is rather accurate as to the active member list.

PM'ing for votes...how would this proposed leader know if person A is the one to have not voted yet? I am against this whole concept of creating a list. Always have been. Quorum means you need X number of people to pass whatever law. Not these SPECIFIC people.

And what is wrong with using other methods of getting peoples attention to certain votes? There is a NewZupdate that is on the main page...there is a Gazette that E-mails roughly 70 people...if they want to vote, they can. I don't need any more PM's cluttering my already overstuffed inbox.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 14, 2002, 16:01   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Yeah, I'm not very supportive of a list either. What if Aggie decides to kill every third person on the list for sport?
Old November 14, 2002, 17:05   #11
Epistax
Prince

By your picture Ghengis, I think you are far more likely to. That is, if Mr Bont doesn't stop you.
Old November 14, 2002, 17:29   #12
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

I, Ssgt roadcage (retired) do hereby attest and affirm that I have voted for President (...witheld...)
Old November 14, 2002, 17:55   #13
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Wouldn't quorom be the number of people who voted in the poll, including the abstain option? If it is not, I see no functional purpose for the abstain option. Also: There may be some people who vote in some polls and not others (I did last term), and some who are too busy to vote. Therefore quorum should be the number of people who voted in the poll.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old November 14, 2002, 17:59   #14
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:02
I Voted
Old November 14, 2002, 18:04   #15
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I voted (in some of the elections at least) and am active, but I agree with those who say we probably couldn't use this for much else besides informational purposes -- our membership is constantly changing. What about someone like UnOrthO, who is traveling and can only be active some of the time? We've had many people leave and return, and even people who are active throughout see changes in their level of activity.

I'd also agree that the CivGroups work pretty well for now, though I imagine that too will eventually overflow with members .

-- adaMada
Old November 14, 2002, 18:15   #16
DAVOUT
King

This is useless. There is no Senate leader whatsoever. Even the fact that we vote or not is private. I will not tell whether I voted or not. So the end result has no meaning, and is possibly against the law.
Old November 14, 2002, 18:41   #17
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 03:02
I voted.
Old November 14, 2002, 18:44   #18
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'm still alive, I voted. I think that counts.
Old November 14, 2002, 18:47   #19
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

This is absurd!

There is NO reason for this list to be created, and I take offense at having it called the 'Current Senate Members' list.

From the NewCon:

1 All citizens who are not currently a Minister, President, Vice- President or Judge are Senators

Article IV. Citizens
1 Any person who has registered to participate in this Democracy Game is considered a citizen.

The very formation of this list for the purposes of listing a Senate is against the NewCon. The CivGroups list IS the members of the Senate, by law. QUORUM is not a set list of members, but a minimum requirement based on the number of votes obtained in the Presidential thread. We are not required to post in some silly thread to become a member of the Senate! The members of the Senate are anyone except those voted into government. I call for this to be terminated at once!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 14, 2002, 18:51   #20
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I voted, but Unorthodox is right.
Old November 14, 2002, 19:14   #21
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Yeah, thats what I was trying (unsucessfully) to say...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old November 14, 2002, 19:26   #22
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Yup Unorthodox is right we don't need this list.
Old November 14, 2002, 19:55   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:02
This thread is NOT pointless.

It reminded me to actually vote.......

Y'see I never tend to look at the topped threads - 'cos I topped them.

Thanks E_T!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 14, 2002, 19:58   #24
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
By your picture Ghengis, I think you are far more likely to. That is, if Mr Bont doesn't stop you.
Oh my word, he spoke to me! He actually spoke to me!

(I was starting to think Epistax had placed me on his ignore list.)

Besides, Mr Bont is dead. One of my star employees stopped in time for my men to gun him done.

Ah, I miss Homer. Even added a new story to his house for that piece of good work.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; November 14, 2002 at 23:12.
Old November 14, 2002, 19:59   #25
Epistax
Prince

[nice place to hold a conversation]

Have you been trying to reach me?
Old November 14, 2002, 20:02   #26
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
[nice place to hold a conversation]

Have you been trying to reach me?
Not really hard, you haven't done anything in the $Mini-Game and NYE is wanting the government to confiscate your lands. UnOrthO has been eyeing your holdings with a greedy eye too...........
Old November 14, 2002, 20:39   #27
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT
This is useless. There is no Senate leader whatsoever. Even the fact that we vote or not is private. I will not tell whether I voted or not. So the end result has no meaning, and is possibly against the law.
Because there isn't one now, doesn't mean that there might not be one. The New Con does allow for the senate to have some form of structure to it and that would seem to me to have someone who would be in a position to organize it.

E_T
Old November 14, 2002, 20:49   #28
Vlad Antlerkov
King

Here (and voted), but not really here. I'm really feeling the crunch of academic responsibilities, which is why I haven't been around. So don't nominate me for anything that requires me to actually be active.
Old November 14, 2002, 21:44   #29
rush
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG The Mercenary Team
Prince

Local Time: 18:02
Voted too.
Old November 14, 2002, 22:37   #30
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 11:02
E_T can you not create a controversy for one week.
*sigh*

BTW I voted too