Old November 15, 2002, 05:11   #1
Gunter
Warlord

Local Time: 11:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Off-forum request,please read
Sorry to post here but the issue requests high attention !

We are organizin a GP4 petition because after 6 months from acratch a patch has not yet come out.

The game has 500 ( five hundreds ) certified bugs,and we world fans are organizing a petition to obtain a patch.

If you are interested in supporting us please sign it.

You know what I mean when I talk about a real support,Fireaxis with its support teaches !

BTW I'm also a CIV player,maybe someone of you know me ( Gunter/Boomer )

http://patch.mgmracing.com

Boomer/ Gunter

P.S. Of course this is not spam,you can check it on every GP4 forums.

P.S. I know to be surelly off-forum so if would like to delete my post...sigh....sigh...but I'm " working " to claim customers rights
Old November 15, 2002, 05:39   #2
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 13:05
I suppose this will migrate to the "other games" forum.

GP4 is Grand Prix 4? Hmm. I thought it was a succesful game. Why don't they support it, then?

Anyway, good luck!
--Woody Allen
Old November 15, 2002, 14:24   #3
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 08:05
I also bought GP4 the day it was released and I am stunned by the large number of bugs in the game AND by how Infogrames (yes, the same Infogrames ) is treating its customers.

I'll be signing the petition.
Old November 16, 2002, 06:34   #4
pg
Prince

Local Time: 06:05
this is why i don't buy games from infogrames anymore...
Old November 16, 2002, 14:28   #5
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 12:05
Infogrames is in serious financial trouble at the moment, so patches are going to be low down their priority list.

Unfortunately IG has hoovered up a lot of other publishers in the last few years and owns the rights to a lot of good games. If they go spectacularly bust it will definitely not be a good thing for the gameplaying public.
Old November 16, 2002, 18:31   #6
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 07:05
Maybe if they sold some game rights they could make a little change AND hand over publishing to a company who actually cares.
Old November 18, 2002, 07:45   #7
Gunter
Warlord

Local Time: 11:05
Thank you so much for supporting me/GP4 fans !!

Boomer/Gunter
Old November 21, 2002, 02:15   #8
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

np.
Old November 21, 2002, 03:21   #9
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:05
Infogrames. Why was I not suprised to hear that?
Old November 21, 2002, 06:02   #10
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 22:05
Heh. My reaction too.
Old November 21, 2002, 09:20   #11
The Pioneer
Prince

I get the feeling that Infogrames is much more responsible for all these bugs than Sid'S people. So some of us should stop bashing on Firaxis!

So long...
Old November 21, 2002, 13:21   #12
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 08:05
Quote:
Originally posted by The Pioneer
I get the feeling that Infogrames is much more responsible for all these bugs than Sid'S people. So some of us should stop bashing on Firaxis!

So long...
They did not program the game... But they may have forced Firaxis to release the game before it was properly tested.
Old November 21, 2002, 17:00   #13
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
This publisher(IG) is just plain awful.They have ruined game development companys by pressuring for pre-mature releases.They have ruined great titles or potential titles with this "rush to market" philosophy.They have robbed me on at least one occasion.

I have not bought anything with IG on it since Civ3.Never will either.According to their financial reports,I'm not the only one.What goes around,comes around.
Old November 22, 2002, 20:56   #14
Standup
Prince

MAkes me think of Activision and Hasbro as well. Big multinationals who have jumped on the vid games bandwagon in an attempt to make a quick buck (or pound or euro). Not sure whether they don't understand the market or just don't care ?
Old November 22, 2002, 22:07   #15
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
abit of both but what they rely mainly on is consumer apathy.This "market" is about the only one that constantly gives unfinished,unworking products and "we fix it later" stuff.
Would you buy a car if the Ford or whatever said "but you won't get the engine for 2 months and tires 3 months after that"?

NO.Of course not.But we buy games and programs like this all the time and except it as the norm.Look at Firaxis and Civ3.A month or 2 after release they announce they are forming a beta testing team .Kinda late I would say.

If they(publishers) put as much money and effort into making as they do marketing,well,all would be better off.Even shareholders in the long run.Seems most companies are only interested in selling me 1 product.They don't understand the concept of repeat business.
Old November 23, 2002, 04:38   #16
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:05
this scares me because neverwinter NIghts still has one crucial patch they need to release. They haven't released one for a while. NWN was released by Inforgrames after bioware severed from their normal publisher.

If anyone playes NWN they have an armour bug crash. I was playing a multiplayer game with 5 other people. It was the amulet of Zeron module. It's a dungeon crawl. But he has it scripted that when you die your armour and everything else is removed from your body. This is a problem because if any arrow shooting monsters stick arrows into your amour. The game will crash when the armour is removed.

Well the problem is I can change the remove armour. but we won't be able to continue from our save game. We'd have to restart.

The armour bug needs to be fixed
Old November 23, 2002, 20:46   #17
The Pioneer
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexnm

They did not program the game... But they may have forced Firaxis to release the game before it was properly tested.

I know that I was merely suggesting that by bashing on Firaxis some were beshing the wrong people

So long...
Old November 23, 2002, 21:41   #18
tniem
King

The thing with Firaxis and Infograms that is frustrating is even after another year to get MP right, it still got only a 5.0 rating on a strategy game that received a 9.2 or something. I am not sure who to blame but Civ III was just plain bad and I am not sure with the direction they took how much more time they would have needed to get both SP and MP right.