Old January 15, 2003, 09:07   #331
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
wow, one day in hospital (don't worry, i'm fine again, just should try a healthier style of life. so hand me a beer, some fat burgers and a havanna mr.barkeeper!) and 3 new pages filled in the café. so here we go:

about running for a position: well, i haven't checked yet , who is running so far, but i guess i will paint some more landscapes, grow a mustache and will be running after we lost the big war and have an economic crisis ;-)

about st: i share locutus opinion on ds9, i really love the longterm political shifts fetaured there, for the same reason i didn't like the first seasons of voyager at all, that was just hopping from planet to planet with no longtime story at all. but of course i like the dr. one of the best st-characters ever. nevertheless that increased treatment of politics for several episodes already began somewhere in TNG. sometimes i think most of TNG and DS9 shouldn't be called StarTrek but "the fall and the rerise of the house of .. (what was worf's family name again? sorry)
btw, though i liked a lot of what came later, and i don't have any sympathy with the dominion, i really would have liked the dominion to quickly invade the alpha sector and put a dramatic end to ST just shortly after they first appeared. but of course they wouldn't have been able to make a lot of money from that. boy, what could i have done with all that time i spent watching startrek. perhaps playing some more ctp

i only watched a fiew episodes of bab5, cause it didn't fit in my time shedule, when it was first shown on german tv, so i don't know, if the story is good, but i didn't like the graphics, i mean, computers are a good way nowadays to get great views for low costs, but they shouldn't explicitly try to look like computer graphics, if you know what i mean.
for neon evangelion, my opinion is of course biased, because i don't like mangas at all. but i had to watch some episodes when staying with some of my rpg-friends. i always wonder, why japanese mangamakers (i really love a lot of japanese "real" movies) always take the bible, the story of frankenstein and music from beethoven and wagner, (iirc the neon evangelion soundtrack featured a lot of bach as well) stuff it inside a cocktailmixer and whirl it till nothing makes any sense anymore. well, just my two cents.

about the impeachment of the server: i like the idea, but you have to remember who is really responsible, some people created that server, maybe something went wrong during their genetic and social creation, somebody was responsible for that and so on. so this leads to: IMPEACH GOD!
... hmm, maybe thats a postion i would like, where are the election threads again?
Old January 15, 2003, 09:14   #332
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 11:06
I might run..... or I might not. I'll decide later today .
Old January 15, 2003, 09:32   #333
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

just don't forget that nominations end in 4 and a half hours!! I would certainly be looking forward to some contested executive positions!
Old January 15, 2003, 09:43   #334
Pedrunn
King

Local Time: 08:06
The great thing about B5 is not the spaceships graphics (although they dont look bad, actually i think it is quite good) or the combats and laser fight.

The good thing about B5 (it is a space station where figure as a neutral territory where the diplomacy mang the races takes place) series is the diplomatic relations among the races and the story. The story is not like the empty episodes of star trek but it is a saga. If you loose one chapter you may not understand the next. Thats because every chapter a relation with one race towards the other change or the centauri embassor of B5 may become the emperor, a new thing about the shadows may be dicovered, the character may evolve become drug addicts, the Vorlon embassor very commonly may leave for several episodes and come back several later, the Narn may make an alliance to be free of the centauri imperialism, the earth may . In anoher the series is one big movie. That you can loose one single minute. As i said not one of the empty episodes of star trek. You can see the beginning of it and you know where it is going to end: The Shadows war (you could see the scenes through reveiling, dreams, etc. of the end of the series in the first season of it and the end was in the 5th season) So if you want to watch B5 beware that to know that loosing an episode is just like having to go to the bathroom in the movie theater. You may loose a important event to undrstand the series evolution. Since it is evolving every episode. Like i said: It is not one of those empty episodes od star trek.
-Jean Rostand
Old January 15, 2003, 14:16   #335
mapfi
Prince

the elections are up - I'd like to see some campaigning in those threads now - tells us why you're the one!
Old January 15, 2003, 16:24   #336
ískallin
Prince

Local Time: 23:06
Hey this story is exicting Pedrunn!!
Old January 16, 2003, 02:04   #337
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ískallin
Hey this story is exicting Pedrunn!!
Thanks thats the first comment. I was already thinking nobody liked although i though it was one of my best works to the DG

-Jean Rostand
Old January 16, 2003, 02:36   #338
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 06:06
how is it that a president running uncontested has more votes in that election than the three way election for judge?
Old January 16, 2003, 07:45   #339
mapfi
Prince

because people are waiting to see how things develop... e.g. I'm not going to waist my vote on the one on third place if he clearly has no chances - i'm very well aware that this can backfire though...
Old January 16, 2003, 08:09   #340
Pedrunn
King

Quote:
Originally posted by mapfi
because people are waiting to see how things develop... e.g. I'm not going to waist my vote on the one on third place if he clearly has no chances - i'm very well aware that this can backfire though...
It is not because of my popularity!

mapfi is right as you can see the election polls with one candidate are faster (P-16, MoI-12, MoDA-13 votes now).

The MoD is fast (14 votes) because their our a clear distcintion among the two candidates strategies: Militarist (maq) and Peaceful (turambar).

The MoDA and judge are the slow exacly because it is hard to choose on candidate. Very good competitors that defends the same goals (although i want to see Iw speech it really is hard to choose one of you to MoDA).
The judge election is the hardest because all three candidates are really good and known competent.
-Jean Rostand
Old January 16, 2003, 19:30   #341
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by mapfi

from your statement can we make a generalization that switzerland does not have a multi party system? or at least only a two party system like in America?

Because if everyone thinks like that a third party candidate would never garner any votes.

Shame on you for peeking at the vote totals before voting as well! What other people think should never innfluence what you believe. Alas it seems we live in an imperfect world.
Old January 16, 2003, 19:34   #342
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Last edited by Frozzy; January 16, 2003 at 19:49.
Old January 16, 2003, 21:27   #343
mapfi
Prince

Hey, Switzerland's got about 8 parties in its parliament. There's a big difference between a majority election where just one can win and a proportional election, where everybody gets seats according to the percentage of votes.
If e.g. I've got a majority election for just one executive position and three candidates, a left-wing, centrist and a right-wing one, I know that the left-wing one doesn't have a chance in my conservative canton, so I'm giving my vote to the centrist which is more suitable to me than the right-wing one. Otherwise the right-wing one might get elected with lets say 40% of the votes... do I make myself clear? (because it's actually quite late here...)
Old January 16, 2003, 22:15   #344
H Tower

yeah, you are up pretty late tonight. i was just trying to say that your theory on voting kind of makes it impossible for any candidate who is losing to get back in the race. i'm sorry it came off a little harsh.
Old January 18, 2003, 18:23   #345
mapfi
Prince

The court's being called to action quite a lot...

Dale's complaints have been answered and Martin's complaint is in public hearing now.

Please read the polling article's before posting one and when in doubt ask H Tower or me or any member of the court before doing so...
Old January 18, 2003, 18:28   #346
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 04:06
hah, im back for one post at least

18 page
Old January 18, 2003, 18:45   #347
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

nope, 7
Old January 18, 2003, 18:48   #348
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:06
This one's guaranteed to go to 500. Probably within the next 10 days too...
Old January 18, 2003, 20:14   #349
Frozzy
Emperor

Oh, come on Loc, let us get to 834 then we'll have beaten the post number in the first Suomithreadi

Miscellanious chat's always reach 500
Old January 18, 2003, 20:31   #350
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Sorry, the limit is there for a good reason... (Besides, it should be 867)
Old January 18, 2003, 20:36   #351
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Should we go to War with the Austrians? poll is up, vote now, especially if your a peaceful expansionist.
Old January 19, 2003, 15:19   #352
Locutus
Deity

The CtP2DG CivGroup has 40 members. If even half of us would vote for CtPers in this month's edition of the Apolyton Hall of Fame, I'm sure we'd be able to get 2 or 3 CtPers in in no time (and at present 0 out of 43 HoFers are CtPers, so it's very much needed). Vote for CD, Wes, Nordicus, skorpion59, Harlan, Hex, IW, Martin, Peter, Pedrunn, all the CtPers you've grown to love!

Vote in the HoF now!
Old January 19, 2003, 15:35   #353
Frozzy
Emperor

Jesus Christ DarkCloud must be bored. Another HoF already?
Old January 19, 2003, 16:01   #354
H Tower

i don't know anything about CtP2 people's achievements
Old January 19, 2003, 18:32   #355
Frozzy
Emperor

Me neither... we're foreigners

Plus I voted for 2 OTFers and and CtPer
Old January 19, 2003, 18:35   #356
Frozzy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
I'm sure we'd be able to get 2 or 3 CtPers in in no time (and at present 0 out of 43 HoFers are CtPers, so it's very much needed).
How many of these are OTFers...

I'm surprised Fezzy isn't in yet... and since he "left" it doesn't seem he'll join EVC in the HoF
Old January 19, 2003, 20:24   #357
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozzy
I'm surprised Fezzy isn't in yet... and since he "left" it doesn't seem he'll join EVC in the HoF
Horse doesn't need anothr DL in the hall of fame
Old January 20, 2003, 09:08   #358
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

i don't believe in HoF
Old January 20, 2003, 09:15   #359
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Yeah it is abit iffy, but thats all the more reason to get out and vote for people who actually deserve it, rather than people who dont even play civ anymore for the most part.
Old January 20, 2003, 12:59   #360
ískallin
Prince

Frozzy, Dale and all other aussies.......
We are kicking your ass in handbal right now!!!!!!
áfram ísland!!!!!! áfram ísland!!!!!!! áfram ísland!!!! áfram ísland!!!!!!!