Old November 15, 2002, 20:58   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 07:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
When a team dies out....
I was just wondering, will the players be allowed to joing other teams?

Do we want a set of guidelines (I don't think 'official' rules are good for this) for people to follow?

Should they be forced into the Civ's that took them over? Or should they be allowed to be refugies and go to whatever Civ will accept them?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 15, 2002, 21:02   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:06
There has allready been some discussion about this in one of the early threads.

IMO, you either quit, or join the new team (conqeror, after resisting awhile off-course )
Old November 15, 2002, 21:04   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:06
I think they should be allowed to flee to another civ if they want.
Old November 15, 2002, 21:07   #4
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I think they should join whatever team they want, if that team wants them too.
Old November 15, 2002, 21:08   #5
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

hmm, yeah, you're right
As long as you havn't been to the civ's private forums, there isn't any real reason why you shouldn't.

Was to fast with my earlier response
Old November 15, 2002, 21:41   #6
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:06
hopefully there will be no attempts to sabotage, due to hard feelings.........
Old November 15, 2002, 21:46   #7
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:06
Perhaps we could have Prisoners of War who upon capture either agree to help the team that captures you (and retaining your POW status) or be executed, which would mean end of the game for you until everyone has finished their game as well. then we start again....

just a thought...
Old November 16, 2002, 05:10   #8
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Perhaps we could have Prisoners of War who upon capture either agree to help the team that captures you (and retaining your POW status) or be executed, which would mean end of the game for you until everyone has finished their game as well. then we start again....

just a thought...
I strongly disagree here. It'll bore the people to death... When I play a LAN, and there is a one-hour duel between the last survivors, the other players always ask the survivors to finish it quickly, because they can't play during this time... Do you imagine how long the "dead" players will have to wait ? PtWDG is not counter srike

As for the POW idea, I also disagree : I don't want to be considered an Untermensch for the rest of the game should my team lose, it's not my idea of fun. I doubt it's anyone's idea of fun :\
Old November 16, 2002, 05:33   #9
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:06
Let the victorious team pick 3 people they want to "capture" and the rest can flee to what ever team they want (including the conqering team). As the victorious team they should get some kind of reward.
Old November 16, 2002, 06:06   #10
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Agree or disagree, they are both simply ideas put forth for the cutting room, either to end up on the reel or on the floor in pieces.

But aren't the 'dead' players or the 'dead' civs going to have to wait anyways if they are defeated? Why not save them the wait period and allow them passage to another team, or allow another team to at least consider letting the other players continue to be a part of it.

I don't see what part of all this you disagree with, Spiffor. Maybe I just didn't read between the lines...?
Old November 16, 2002, 06:29   #11
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

We forget that there is no interdiction against more than one game going on.

Some one or two get eliminated (that will take a while). Why cannot the eliminated duel against another team with a high level of participation?
Old November 16, 2002, 06:38   #12
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Agree or disagree, they are both simply ideas put forth for the cutting room, either to end up on the reel or on the floor in pieces.

But aren't the 'dead' players or the 'dead' civs going to have to wait anyways if they are defeated? Why not save them the wait period and allow them passage to another team, or allow another team to at least consider letting the other players continue to be a part of it.

I don't see what part of all this you disagree with, Spiffor. Maybe I just didn't read between the lines...?
Yep, sorry for not clarifying . To me it's obvious a member of a dead team goes to whatever team he wants, hence they don't wait. (When I say "it's obvious", I mean "I didn't even think of clarifying )
Old November 16, 2002, 06:56   #13
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Why break up the teams?
Old November 16, 2002, 14:30   #14
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

when a team dies out...

we all laugh at them and tell them how much they sucked.
Old November 16, 2002, 14:33   #15
alva
Deity

Just made a screenie of that post, just in case

This might haunt you for a very very looooooooong time
Old November 16, 2002, 17:47   #16
Meshelic
King

Hmm....NYE has a point. There really isn't a reason at all to break up the teams, after all, they are a team and should continue as they were begun.

Should the defeated teams begin another game after they are defeated? We could have a Win/Loss Tally that would pretty much speak for itself as far as who the best team is or the luckiest or whatever....

I suppose a POW idea SHOULD be shot down, I have no problem with that if most are opposed to it. I'm not sure how much I support the idea either, even though I brought it up as an option. Say for example that if the Gathering Storm defeats any of the human teams (hehe good example!) and the GS 'captures' or picks a pair of members from the losing team, then the game would be largely offset. In the end when there are only 2 human teams and a couple of AI's (should they last that long) it would unfortunately end up with 40 guys on one team and 8 or 11 or 14 of the original members still remaining, and that would probably not be fair.

Ach I'm just rambling...
Old November 16, 2002, 17:53   #17
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Wat if team 1 and team 2 was sharing some top level clearance required information and when team one dies, the tem member joins the team 3, the arch rival of team 2?
Old November 16, 2002, 18:40   #18
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Then team one and two blacklist the player and don't let them join their team(s) again when the next demogame starts.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old November 16, 2002, 21:19   #19
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
when a team dies out...

we all laugh at them and tell them how much they sucked.
History sometimes has a cruel sense of humour... those who say such words have a nasty tendency to end up eating them
Old November 16, 2002, 22:43   #20
alva
Deity

Hence the screenshot
Old November 19, 2002, 23:50   #21
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
Then team one and two blacklist the player and don't let them join their team(s) again when the next demogame starts.
there was nothing wrong done by players from team 2 in my scenario.. you can't undo your memory of information you have shared...

Even if that wasnt the case, if team one stole team two's enemy battle plan or has some kind of valuable information thru espionage before being destroyed, by joining team 3 you are creating a problem.. even if player doesn't want to use his previous knowledge as a cheat necessarily, how can you not act based upon what you know? Would you tell yourself to eat the poisoned cake out of three similar looking cake if yo already new which one the poison was?

No player should EVER join two teams at any time even if theirs is gone. You can't shift your gears and play totally fair because your team no longer exists. Some people could even possibly try to undo the team that destroyed them from inside out.

I don't want to make it sound that people of this forum is as evil as this examples portray but if you want a fair play then limiting outside influence/information once game has started is the only fair way to play IMO
Old November 19, 2002, 23:59   #22
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

I agree with him ^ .
Old November 20, 2002, 09:34   #23
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Once at team's civ is destroyed the members of the team should be allowed to join any other existing team in order that they can continue to be involved.

They should keep their Private Forum as a sense of cohesiveness and to provide them a forum for the next game.

The only time anyone should be allowed to switch teams permanently is inbetween games. That is when one game has finished and we are setting up for the next one.
Old November 20, 2002, 21:47   #24
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I agree that members from defeated teams should be allowed to join "The glory of war" when we wipe you off the map. Soon there will be NO other teams.
Aggie
Old November 20, 2002, 22:39   #25
Meshelic
King

In RL when two countries go to war and one defeats the other or captures certain installations, the victorious nation would always look for intelligence papers, official documents etc etc. The Allies in WWII as well as the Axis all made good use of information that was captured in battle.

This made me rethink the statements from before about how the victorious team here should be able to have access to the defeated teams private threads.

I still don't WANT that to happen, but am mostly reminding all that capturing official security documents (or in this case, 'capturing' the private thread of another team) is a RL scenerio.

Maybe the victorious team is awarded by being given a designated amount of time to review the loser's threads, say something like 2 days or 3 days. A short time to quickly go over information that may have been important, or still may be as the game progresses. Then once those 3 days are up, then security of the thread goes back into effect.....

I doubt this will gain much support, but it's 2 cents worth. (I'm not sure that I even support it at all either...)

Just a thought, though. I'm prepared to face the firing squad now....
Old November 20, 2002, 23:21   #26
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

I don't think the 3 day restriction would matter. Anyone could just copy and paste it.
Old November 23, 2002, 02:14   #27
Zero
King

Well my opinion is that the defeated can always check the public threa and hang around, ask for gossips about which team is scheming with which ones and catch up. Im sure the roelplay teams side will write plenty of articles about public affairs that are happening in the game that is deemed unclassified. I just think acting impartial and starting anew to join another team when you once took sides is almost impossible... but then again I really do think people of this forum is of higher quality so hopefully they will act in a more civilized manner, keep the game fun and won't do such nasty things that are possible with switching teams.
Old November 23, 2002, 03:44   #28
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 12:06
I, see the chances are quite good for a demogytian Team,
The members of the Team will be members here in Apolyton. At least four of our bunch already are.
We are very interestet in the game and it'll make it a bit more "international" though apolyton is already very international.