Old November 30, 2002, 20:15   #91
Jules
Warlord

Local Time: 06:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm currently bidding on a power company there.
Old December 1, 2002, 08:59   #92
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 22:07
Hey, you got a corp in my country now.
Nice work.

Update: My corporations are now actually gaining worth in my country. A little over 50B $E now. Pathetic, I know, but considering a few months ago they were around the 30B $E mark, it is a nice improvement. My country's debt is now at 40B $E with 15B $E in cash lying around. Strangely enough though, my budget still says that I am losing money every month.
Old December 1, 2002, 22:18   #93
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Over 60B $E corporation value now.
With my CEO, one of my companies just passed the 100B $E mark too, and is almost debt-free. It just needs a little more spending money, then I can pay off its remaining debt and then start using it's income to pay for other companies. Yay!
Old December 1, 2002, 22:47   #94
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 12:07

Finally my assets are positive and I'll pay back a huge 120B loan within two months
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old December 2, 2002, 03:38   #95
Skanky Burns

[joke mode]
I wonder why people aren't buying from my Skanky Meat corporation?
[/joke mode]
Old December 2, 2002, 23:21   #96
Skanky Burns

Hmmm, it seems that the powers-to-be have decided to be pro-active in combatting the services shortage. All my services companies now produce 1,000,000 units per month rather than the previous 900,000 per month. Hopefully this will mean that, although there is a sudden increase in services being produced, demand will still outstrip production and much money will be made! Mmmm, profit...

My country's corps are now worth 60B $E, and my CEO corps are continuing to do well. Not as well as some others here yet, but nicely.
Old December 3, 2002, 19:52   #97
Skanky Burns

When I first saw Quality Upgrades, I though "50M $E for 1% increase?!? Get ****ed!". However, that assessment was too hasty.

For the purposes of this analysis, we will use a standard services company, all market values averaged and rounded.
Ok, a single quality upgrade costs 50M $E for a 1% increase in quality. This leads directly to a 1% increase in the price you can charge, all other values being equal. Services hover around the 1500 $E mark per unit, so a 1% increase would mean you get an additional 15 $E per unit, for 1,000,000 units per month.

1500 x 0.01 x 1000000 = 15,000,000 $E extra per month.

As you can see, each quality upgrade pays for itself in just over 3 months, and everything after that is pure profit. Even the fact that higher quality seems to use more high-tech services doesn't reduce this margin significantly.

The more units per month that your factory produces, the higher profit you will get from each quality upgrade. The higher the price of the goods to be sold, the higher profit again.
Old December 3, 2002, 20:11   #98
Jules
Warlord

Local Time: 06:07
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
[joke mode]
I wonder why people aren't buying from my Skanky Meat corporation?
[/joke mode]
I've heard rumors about something called Skanky Foot-in-Mouth Disease.

EDIT: Seriously, though, quality upgrades are always a good idea.

Last edited by Jules; December 3, 2002 at 21:35.
Old December 4, 2002, 07:25   #99
Rogan Josh
Prince

I started this too.

I am on the same island as DRoseDARs but a bit further south, on the south-east coast. My country is called 'Caladon'. I am still trying to get to grips with the system.

If anyone wants to sell me stuff at favourable rates, let me know!
Old December 4, 2002, 21:24   #100
Skanky Burns

I am after contracts for the following items for my country. Preferrably for 99 months (then I don't have to worry about that particular contract for a long time). Will pay 1.05% (which is the highest amount a contract can go to), quality is irrelevant.

Code:
Product			Monthly Need
Coffee			3,000
Furniture		220,000
Gas			1,150
Home Equipment		225,000
Jewelry			10
Potatoes		67,500
Poultry			25,500
Sport			125,000
If anyone produces any of these products and wants to sell to me, please do so.
My country is The DreamWorld KingDom.

Last edited by Skanky Burns; December 4, 2002 at 23:11.
Old December 4, 2002, 21:40   #101
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Ask Franit Empire
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old December 4, 2002, 22:08   #102
Skanky Burns

You have cars. I'll take some please.
Old December 4, 2002, 22:42   #103
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Please send me a proposal on simcountry PM with details as I'm too lazy

Asher on molly bloom
Old December 4, 2002, 23:12   #104
Skanky Burns

Okay, done.