Old November 16, 2002, 17:47   #1
nato
Prince

Local Time: 06:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Exploiting the Sakkras
Everyone knows you can capture some Sakkras, and put one on each planet to get the subterranean bonus.

My question is this: does this make sense to anyone? You send one Sakkra, and his presence doubles the population capacity of the whole world? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I wouldn't care, except it has such a HUGE powerful effect.

I'm starting to think of it as a bug / exploit, and not using it, kind of like gyro destabalizers were. Anyone agree or disagree, or have a rationale for it?

(Just to be clear, I'm not being preachy or something dumb, I'm just speaking for myself and how I see the game. I'm just starting to wonder if the stealing subterranean makes sense or is an exploit.)
Old November 16, 2002, 19:36   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:09
Not really as from then on only Sakkras are created on that planet. It my not always be a good move, depends on your traits.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2002, 19:39   #3
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 05:09
Well, all the moving sakkras around uses your mechant fleet, and since they grow so fast it might place strains on food production, plus you need alien control centers to avoid the 20% morale loss for having multy-race planets. You could always try with tolerant androids, though i ahve never found myself able to expand the population limits of a planet with them.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
GePap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2002, 23:31   #4
vmxa1
Deity

Yes all true and the question of weither to use them or not is situational. I tend to only do it if I am trying to up my score. Otherwise, by the time I have captured them, I really will not need the tactic. If you are into sending pop around, then you have the freighters and it is not a problem and food is plentiful at that time as well. It is just more work than I am usually willing to do.
Old November 17, 2002, 16:57   #5
nato
Prince

Local Time: 06:09
It seemed to me gaining subterranean was a huge advantage, and freighter and food costs basically insignificant. If you get them early, like first conquest, it can make a big impact.

It must be somewhat important, because sub is considered a good trait, and this gets it for free.

Oh well, I just wonder if it was intended, and if so what the rationale could have been. No big deal.
Old November 17, 2002, 18:02   #6
vmxa1
Deity

nato, you are not wrong and it can be very useful, if you are not aquatic. I may often have either Aqua or Sub already, if not I may indeed send a Sakkra over, if I run into them early. If I have already gone to elimate mode, then I won't bother as I just want to end it. That is why I said situational. Like you said in another post, I may not want to do the same thing all the time, even if it correct. (refering to the mirv wins) I may just want to look at something different to see how it plays out.
Old November 18, 2002, 04:36   #7
bakalov
Prince

Local Time: 14:09
If you put sakkras in your colonies you get -20% morale for mixed population (if you are with unification, there is no morale at all). This again may be fixed by alien management center which removes this penalty.