Old November 16, 2002, 18:28   #1
VictorAndrews
Settler

Local Time: 11:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Giving away city bug / cheat
I don't know if this has come up before, but here is the scenario I faced recently...

I was playing a MP (2 humans v 6 AI) game where the following occurred:

Arabia (me) is fighting a two front war against China (AI) whom he shares a lengthy border with and America (the other human) who has just landed an invasion force.

I enter the negotiation screen with China. We make peace to end a long bloody feud. First the odd thing; China will accept a Peace Treaty by itself, but will not let me sweeten the deal by giving them a city.

Now for the Bug / Cheat...

America takes over one of my cities that I had taken from China a handful of turns earlier. In fact, this was the city that I tried to GIVE to China so that America would have to wage war against them as well.

After the Chinese accept the peace offer, I am still at the negotiating table... and the captured city is still on my (Arabia's) list of cities!

I offer the city to China as a gift (which China accepts). Meanwhile, America, has moved all of his forces into the city to quell resistors. The game then gives the city to China and the American forces that entered the city are destroyed!

Having to conquer every city twice is not quite as tough as conquering twice as many cities, but it sure does slow down an invasion.
Old November 16, 2002, 20:00   #2
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Serious? That does not sound good at all. I'll have to play around with city transfers and see if anything buggy happens to me.
Old November 18, 2002, 01:30   #3
ducki
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 05:09
Was this "turnless" mode?

Any game that takes things that are supposed to be Turn Based and make them Real Time is going to run into this, but I bet that really sucked for America.

Old November 20, 2002, 17:05   #4
VictorAndrews
Settler

This game was set for Simultaneous Moves.