Old November 17, 2002, 09:57   #1
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 03:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Corruption Riddle
Unmodded game.
I built 3 cities on the opposite side of the world, in order of A, B, C accordingly. All are size 6 with similar terrain (grass & coast). City A (Fantasy Island) is east of City C (Owega's Pain) with a harbor & temple. City B (Babylon 5) is west of City C with a library and harbor. Both City A & B have excessive corruption producing only 1 shield & 1 coin after corruption.
Why is City C immune from the same type of excessive corruption, while being further from my Capital and Forbidden Palace?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	corruptriddle.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	29565  
Old November 17, 2002, 10:07   #2
Pyrodrew
Prince

Technically, the city is producing 5 noncorrupt shields, I cut the image.
Old November 17, 2002, 10:10   #3
Chieftess
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Chieftess

Local Time: 07:10
How about a minimap with the cities circled on there? It might make it easier to see...
Old November 17, 2002, 18:16   #4
ducki
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 05:10
Is city C in WLT*D?
I think that affects shield corruption, though I'm not sure.

If you look on the "Must Read Threads..." Thread in the strategy forum (by Theseus) there is a link to a thread that has more than you could possibly ever want/need to know about corruption. Perhaps there is an answer there, too.
Old November 17, 2002, 19:05   #5
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 04:10
Without seeing more, I suspect ducki hit the nail on the head.

You don't have a corruption riddle, you have a waste riddle -- Oswego's Pain is totally corrupt (look at the commerce; only one uncorrupted commerce). WLTKD reduces waste (shields) but not corruption (commerce) and Oswego's Pain looks to be enjoying WLTKD with 5 happy and 1 content citizen. Are the other cities in WLTKD?

Catt
Old November 18, 2002, 19:16   #6
Pyrodrew
Prince

My capital is circled in the map below in dark blue.

The city is in WLTKD. However, when the other 2 cities were put in WLTKD they only received 1 noncorrupt shield. Owego's Pain receives 4 noncorrupt shields in WLTKD. That's quite a difference. As the game progressed Owego's Pain lost this difference.

About the Game: It's a Monarch game & I'm playing builder... well was until I ran out of things to build & I was not about to build wealth (at that exchange rate - that is waste). As of 1500AD I took all of China (north of me)... and sadly none of the AI Civs tried to dive in & share the pie in a Feeding Frenzy as I was always accustom to before. I hope they didn't take that out in 1.29. The map is 60%water archipelago & is 1 long horizontal snake continent. Unfortunately, the AI cannot perform quality sea assaults (even against other AI Civs)... a sea "stack of death" would be nice. Combined with it's passion to declare war with civs on the opposite side of the world to them has resulted in no noticeable land ownership change by them that I've seen. Germany, Persia, & the Aztecs were all at war with me since the Ancient Age... but by the time their horsemen & warriors reached me in the Medieval Age they were obsolete... and practically came to make peace given their timing. Since then the only war is Egypt vs. Aztecs/Persia which continues into the Modern Age... and as they are on opposite sides of the world I don't need to tell anyone how that is going.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	waste riddle.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	29646