Old November 17, 2002, 14:50   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 06:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I discovered "Industrial Start" scenario, lol
sorry if it may sound silly, but i got tired of starting from Ancient and spend a lot of boring time until we action happens....sometimes by then, game slows down and making please wait last longe...which annoys me. always end up quitting the game in late medieval or early industrial...

Anyway, decided to play some scenarios and discovered the Industrial and Modern start scenarios. I was like, hmm lets try it.

I prefer Industrial start and now i think i will play all my games using that scenario. i didn't know you can make a scenario like that and still allow random map settings and so on. Me happy

lot funner, for me...and makes resources lot more important to locate and acquire... especially in my current game I don't have iron, making me realize how important that resource is..... as i always get iron nearby peacefully or aggresivally starting from ancient...which didn't felt that important.

starting from Industrial, where a lot of unit requires Iron at that point, and i was like no iron? only clued in how many units needs it when Americans (darn them! ) decided to be aholes and declare war on moi simply because i didn't want to give espionage. Then their fleet of frigates started doing hit and run bombarbments on my nearest coastal city to them... so i went to try to go rush build a small navy of ironclads to counter them...just then i realize i need iron.

at the moment, currently doing a operation to peacefully snatch a Iroquois Iron Colony half way across the world (second time i ever saw the AI build a colony)
Old November 17, 2002, 18:16   #2
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 13:11
I think you should try this scenario.

More interesting that Industrail start if you ask me.
Old November 17, 2002, 18:50   #3
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 06:11
Cool, will try it...

I was thinking of possibly working on an Alpha Centauri type MOD...

...as well as a starcraft, warcraft and so on MODs

-Mellian