Old November 18, 2002, 03:51   #1
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 12:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hitman 2!
I played the game at a friend's place on Saturday and I must say that the game is awesome. The graphics and the story line are great.

But the level of violence is or can be a problem. Games like this should carry a big warning and made difficult for minors to get. It was kind of schocking to me that you could literally blow somebody away just for the heck of it.

My computer with its Kyro II graphic card and 500Mhz PIII wont run the game though. But when I get a new PC next year I will look this game up.

Has anybody played it through?

So long...

Last edited by The Pioneer; November 18, 2002 at 07:38.
Old November 19, 2002, 02:04   #2
Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 04:11
I was thinking about getting it because of its similarity to Thief. But I noticed it has a third-person perspective, not a first person. It just wouldn't be the same.
Old November 19, 2002, 02:12   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 22:11
I tried the demo, expecting it to be similar to Thief. I was disappointed when I discovered that I could only knock out 3 people, and they wouldn't even stay knocked out. The third-person perspective just didn't agree with me either.
Alas.
Old November 19, 2002, 09:36   #4
The Pioneer
Prince

AFAIK you could change perspective to 3rd or to first. WHile on 3rd person you could zoom in and out as you desire. It's actually a pretty good game and I like the soundtrack a lot.

So long...
Old November 19, 2002, 10:31   #5
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:11
Played the demo level, which was very enjoyable. It is possible to switch to a 1st person view, but I prefer 3rd person. Check out the thread I made previously for a little bit more info:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...ghlight=hitman
Old November 19, 2002, 16:30   #6
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 07:11
I like both 1st and 3rd person games for the variety. But I am waiting for the Hitman 1&2 gold pack to come out because.. well.. I'm broke
Old November 19, 2002, 19:26   #7
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

I tried the first-person perspective too, but it just wasn't the same.
Old November 20, 2002, 03:22   #8
The Pioneer
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
I tried the first-person perspective too, but it just wasn't the same.
So you don't like the 3rd person perspective but complain that the first person perspective was not the same .

So long...
Old November 20, 2002, 04:56   #9
Skanky Burns

Well, yes.

I was playing it expectingit to be similar to Thief. It wasn't, so was a disappointment. Thats not to say that other people can't or won't enjoy the game, it's just that I didn't enjoy it.