View Poll Results: do you want this amendment to pass?
Yes 13 92.86%
No 1 7.14%
Abstain 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 18, 2002, 14:01   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 11:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
OFFICIAL: amendment: governers
options:
Yes
No
Abstain

you have 3 days

remove

Quote:

Director of Energy and Industry:
Has the right of:
*Starting polls to ask the people what there wishes are in his area
*Ordering the commissioner to rushbuild, use money in trades, change worker placements, and move crawlers
*Advising any other part of the government
*Requesting crawlers and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.
*Polling Planetary Council decision on salvaging reactor core
*Polling Planetary Council decisions on Global Trade Pacts

Has the duties of:
*Listing to the will of the people in his area
*Giving his opinion to the director of foreign affairs about any talks, which effect his area, with other factions
*Serving his faction the best he can

This Director is responsible of the treasury expenditures, worker placements, and crawlers.

Director of Terraforming and Colonisation:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to move terraformers and colony pods
*Ordering the commissioner to design new TC units, disband old TC units and upgrade current TC units
*Requesting terraformers colony pods, and buildings with the Director of buildings productions.
*Polling Planetary Council decisions on raising and lowering sea levels

Has the duties of:
*Listing to the will of the people in his area

Director of Expansion and Terraforming commands all colony pods and terraformers

Director of Base production:
Has the right of:
*Ordering the commissioner to build buildings and units
*Starting polls about Special Projects

Has the duties of:
*Choosing between various requests made by the directors
*Starting polls about Special Projects
*Listing to the will of the people about the Special Projects
*Posting polls on how our bases should be named
change
Quote:
all rights and duties that are about the planetary councel and put them under the DFA
add
Quote:
[article I]
Director of Interal Affaires:
has the right of:
*mapping out regions in our faction
*advising any governer on how he should run his region
*veto an orders from a governer
*moving colony pods

has the duties of:
*dividing formers, crawlers and funds over regions in our faction
*making a list of every buildrequest by other director that has to be divided between the regions in our faction
*polling the peoples wishes on colonizing decisions

the director of internal affaires is the head of the governers councel

Governers:
have the rights of:
*ordering the commissioner to:
**move formers for his region
**move crawlers for his region
**start buildingqueues for his region
**rush constructions for his region
**move workers
*advising any director that concern his region
*polling for guidelines for his region
[all within the parameters given by the Director of Internal Affaires]

have the duties of:
*carrying out orders from the Director of Internal affaires
*advising the rest of the faction about this region the best he can

May NOT:
give orders in a specific field if the director of Internal affaires uses his veto on the subject.

Governers are assign by the people to take care of a certain region of our faction.

[article II]
governers will be chosen by the people with elections

[i put in colony pods thingy with the DIA and fixed some typos....any typos still in the text will be removed without an amendment if this one passes!]

Commissioner DBTS
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old November 19, 2002, 18:00   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Can directors be governors?
Old November 20, 2002, 09:47   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

yes why not?
Old November 20, 2002, 11:44   #4
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Because some people before thought it would either be too much work or a conflict of interest. Poll on it IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 21, 2002, 13:43   #5
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 04:13
A quick question, who gets to elect the governors? The citizens of the particular base which the governor is running for, or everyone?
Old November 21, 2002, 14:08   #6
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

There are various ideas I think. I think it'll probably end up as everyone voting for all Governors and then the DIA (or someone) chooses who is Governor of what. I don't think only voting for your area works, because not all people live in a base, and it's quite interchangeable who lives where.

Old November 21, 2002, 21:08   #7
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

according to the citizen registry aswell, some bases have no citizens
Old November 21, 2002, 23:26   #8
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Governers are assign by the people to take care of a certain region of our faction.
That part of the amendment is too general; first of all we haven’t even decided on what the regions should be nor how governors will be assigned for a particular region.

My proposal is that after we’ve determined what the regions are that candidates put their name forward and run for that particular region, it would simplify the election considerable and it would more in line with democracy then just having a general election and then assigning regions to the governors.
Old November 22, 2002, 07:10   #9
DeathByTheSword
King

i always put a general jobdiscription line under the rights and duties part and i tought this was general enough.....
Old November 22, 2002, 08:00   #10
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
That part of the amendment is too general; first of all we haven’t even decided on what the regions should be nor how governors will be assigned for a particular region.
The idea is that after we've seen how many people want to be Governors, and once we have a DIA, they will draw up the regions. However, as this is still under discussion, the amendment does not include it. I agree with DBTS, a general description of what the Governor is to do under the Rights and Duties is a good idea IMHO.

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
My proposal is that after we’ve determined what the regions are that candidates put their name forward and run for that particular region, it would simplify the election considerable and it would more in line with democracy then just having a general election and then assigning regions to the governors.
I like that idea, although it could mean having no-one running for certain areas. Also, it has been said that it would be simpler to have one elcetion thread for all Governors, rather than a large number of them, as people have already complained that there were too many elections before.

To be honest I don't mind whether we elect Governors all at once or individually, because I think if we do it in the middle of the term (as per US Midterm House/Senate elections) there aren't the large number of elections at once.

Old November 22, 2002, 12:07   #11
Method
Emperor

electing all the governors at once (like we did with judges) is a good idea. there *are* too many elections
Old November 22, 2002, 14:30   #12
Voltaire
King

Quote:
The idea is that after we've seen how many people want to be Governors, and once we have a DIA, they will draw up the regions. However, as this is still under discussion, the amendment does not include it. I agree with DBTS, a general description of what the Governor is to do under the Rights and Duties is a good idea IMHO.
Good point, let us elect the DIA first before we get into the discussion of what the regions should be.

On a side note to that, once the regions are decided upon will they be set in stone or open to expansion? Seeing as we will be creating more bases and will need to organize those bases in terms of regions as well, which either would result in the creation of more regions (in which case we will need more governors), or the expansion of existing regions (leading to an increase in responsibility of existing governors). Personally I would as of now prefer the latter since we do not know how many people are interested in holding the position of governor.
Old November 22, 2002, 15:08   #13
DeathByTheSword
King

i think a combination of them both would be in order....if one region because of expanision it twice the size of the other ones we need to cut that one up in 2 or 3 regions
Old November 23, 2002, 05:12   #14
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 22:13
I agree with DBTS...