Old November 18, 2002, 21:21   #1
Aetius
Settler

Local Time: 07:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Earth (Huge) scenario starting location
Hi,

This may seem a simple question, but I really do not know how to change my starting location when using the earth map scenario. I always start in the south america.

Is there any way to change that? I would appreciate to know, since always playing at the same location tend to get boring.

I alson have a question about government type. In the PTW manual, they list, for every new race, a "preferred" and a "shunned" government. Does this really impact the game? I mean if I am playing with (for exemple) the Korean and choose "monarchy" as governement, will I received any bonuses? In the same way, if I choose the shunned governement type (for the Korean it is republic), will I received negative bonuses?

So far, I have played with the Carthaginians, the Scandanavians and the Korean. I really appreciated the Numidian Mercenary, but so far my best success in a game have been (still in fact, since I still play that game) with the Korean. (My favorite civilisation, previous to the expension, was the Romans with their legion).

So far, in all my game, the AI always allied against me from all direction (and no I am not the most powerfull). I am always on a defensive position. Right now, I am surround from the south by the Aztecks and from the north by the Mongols ans the English. And you know who started it all against my peacefull country? Russia! with whom I had absolutely no direct contact and who deserve to create a terrible alliance against me. Surrounded and outnumbered... wish me luck!

Thanks in advance for any answer to my previous questions (government type bonuses and starting location).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, french speaking trying to do my best in english.
Old November 18, 2002, 22:05   #2
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 06:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Earth (Huge) scenario starting location
Quote:
Originally posted by Aetius
Is there any way to change that? I would appreciate to know, since always playing at the same location tend to get boring.
You'll probably have to mod the scenario to put the starting locations in properly.

Quote:
I alson have a question about government type. In the PTW manual, they list, for every new race, a "preferred" and a "shunned" government. Does this really impact the game? I mean if I am playing with (for exemple) the Korean and choose "monarchy" as governement, will I received any bonuses? In the same way, if I choose the shunned governement type (for the Korean it is republic), will I received negative bonuses?
This is what gov't forms the AI players tend to use. There is a rumor that it may affect your diplomatic settings with the AI players (if you are using the shunned one for them they will like you less).

Quote:
So far, in all my game, the AI always allied against me from all direction (and no I am not the most powerfull). I am always on a defensive position.
That's your problem. The AI picks on weaklings. The best way not to have them harrass you it to be strong. They generally won't tackle a stronger opponent.