Old November 21, 2002, 04:33   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 06:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ACSR Radio
Is DanQ still doing the radio show? I have to admit, I haven't tried listening to it for quite some time now. The ACSR page wasn't exactly very helpful either, the most recent broadcasts were dated May '03 Did we suddenly jump 8 months into the future?

And if the broadcasts are still occurring, what gets reported in them anyways?
Old November 21, 2002, 05:13   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:21
He said some time ago he was on a break.
Old November 21, 2002, 11:10   #3
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 13:21
Quote:
Due to increasing time demands by station staff in non-site matters, the latest run of ACSR Daily ends with its September 13th, 2002 edition. Preliminary plans are for the program to return to the digital airwaves in May, 2003. ACSR Weekend continues, but in addition to weekend coverage will include the previous weekdays worth of content normally handled by ACSR Daily. This format change will be in effect for at least the next four weeks, with broadcasting extensions possible up to and including the end of November, 2002. As such, this means that a minimum four shows of ACSR Weekend in the said revised format will be recorded, the last one slated for now being the October 5th edition.
That should pretty much answer your question.
Old November 22, 2002, 00:29   #4
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 07:21
Re: ACSR Radio
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
Is DanQ still doing the radio show? I have to admit, I haven't tried listening to it for quite some time now. The ACSR page wasn't exactly very helpful either, the most recent broadcasts were dated May '03 Did we suddenly jump 8 months into the future?

And if the broadcasts are still occurring, what gets reported in them anyways?
Thanks for your interest, H. Tower.

Beyond the quote Rasbelin cited (thanks), I will add that the "New Shows: May '03" line refers to when new instalments of 'ACSR Daily' and 'ACSR Weekend' will be produced, not to suggest that it is the date of the current set of broadcasts.

However, note that ACSR hasn't been lying dormant since mid-September either. features ('Assorted Clips') are being posted periodically still. Two recent examples: the Reynolds on RoN series and the Making "CivIII" Audio Extract of which the latter was posted just earlier today. There is more to come on ACSR between now and next May, including the much anticipated 'blooper' show...

--------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old November 22, 2002, 05:25   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:21
Bloopers? Will you call some random American a moron?
Old November 22, 2002, 13:49   #6
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 06:21
or refer to a fellow administrator as a hairy greek?
Old November 22, 2002, 15:08   #7
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 08:21
Bloopers... now that will be interesting.
Old November 23, 2002, 02:11   #8
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 07:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexnm
Bloopers... now that will be interesting.
I certainly hope they will at least be seen, in part, as such... or perhaps I should more accurately say "heard" as such...

-------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old November 23, 2002, 08:32   #9
Rasbelin
Emperor

Hmm... this sounds now more than interesting.
Old November 23, 2002, 22:20   #10
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:21
DanQ's Most Amusing Bloopers
An Apolyton Expose

"Today in news, as reported by the GSPOT quarterly- FAQers and Message Board owners can now post FAQ's and Posts much quicker due to the new FAQing Good Pro Software... ... ... er... On second thought Perhaps this news item is probably best left unsaid."

Old November 24, 2002, 05:35   #11
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 22:21
Old November 24, 2002, 05:39   #12
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 23:21
A classic
Old November 24, 2002, 06:50   #13
Rasbelin
Emperor

I was already wondering what RB was saying over the .NET Messenger Service, but now I get the clue.