Old November 21, 2002, 13:51   #1
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Ignorant Strategist
The Ignorant Strategist

Hand Scribed Clay Political Propaganda for the Undiscerning Literate

"We Make no Guarantees to our Inaccuracy!"

Emergence of Civilized Tribes
Several small clumps of humans have begun to emerge as distinct cultures throughout our unnamed planet.

Among these are the band of feather-wearing savages know as the "Here I Quois", not sure what "quois" means but there they do it.

A second group known only as the "C Section" have been rumored to be wearing blue paint. My own observances our unable to tell if is blue paint or oriental architecture as they would both seem to fit the "C Section".

Closer to home our own band has begun what we refer to as the Ispanic culture. Unfortunately, our culture took a turn for the worse due to mass beheadings by our beloved Despot, may the great one guide his blade, (and may he guide far and away from me). Eyewitnesses claim that no less than 70% of the population was wiped out in one day. Their estates have apparently been assumed by their next of kin. It has also been rumored that a primary motivation behind this incident was that the Despot wanted his Palace painted red and there was a shortage of red paint.

Perhaps, one day these cultures will interact, but as for now one can only ponder. I shall add more ponderings to this clay as I ponder them.

-Thrumble

Last edited by Thrumble; November 21, 2002 at 18:50.
Old November 21, 2002, 14:08   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:23
Aren't you guys supposed to not to be able to wright yet
Old November 21, 2002, 14:10   #3
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 06:23
And unless they are playing a Commericial civ, they don't even have an alphabet yet.
Old November 21, 2002, 14:21   #4
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 07:23
Spain is Commercial, isn't it?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old November 21, 2002, 14:22   #5
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:23
yep,

commercial/religious
Old November 21, 2002, 19:50   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:23
Our first publication, well sort of. UnOrthOdOx has got some competition.

Thanks for posting out here where we can all have our minds twisted by your propaganda.

Maybe each team can have a reporter and make a combined paper that would express stories from each teams own perspective.
Old November 21, 2002, 23:09   #7
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Maybe each team can have a reporter and make a combined paper that would express stories from each teams own perspective.
It would be more fun for each team to have its own state-run propaganda outfit
Old November 22, 2002, 00:16   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

It would be more fun for each team to have its own state-run propaganda outfit
Is THAT what this is?
Old November 22, 2002, 00:32   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:

Is THAT what this is?
Sadly, it isn't. I suppose we should go about organizing a state-run propaganda outfit
Old November 22, 2002, 00:53   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

Sadly, it isn't. I suppose we should go about organizing a state-run propaganda outfit
So you would have me believe this is the work of ONE individual. Me thinks this style is somewhat similiar to that of History Guy. He wouldn't happen to be on your team would he?
Old November 22, 2002, 01:05   #11
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:

So you would have me believe this is the work of ONE individual. Me thinks this style is somewhat similiar to that of History Guy. He wouldn't happen to be on your team would he?
Actually, History Guy just founded a paper for on our internal forum. He certainly didn't do so with Togas' explicity blessing (or consulting ANYONE before he did it), but Togas gave it his blessing after it was posted (this happened earlier today)
Old November 22, 2002, 01:36   #12
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:23
Quote:
He certainly didn't do so with Togas' explicity blessing (or consulting ANYONE before he did it), but Togas gave it his blessing after it was posted (this happened earlier today)
It should be noted that I gave it my blessing after seeing how favorable it was to my regime. However, if he starts publishing a paper that is opposed to my government, his head goes on a pike.

Ah, the joys of the Despotic life!

--Togas

p.s. But what is said out here really isn't under anyone's control. Thrumble is free to do what he pleases out here in "out of character" land.
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 22, 2002, 11:03   #13
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Our first publication, well sort of. UnOrthOdOx has got some competition.
Right now, I am too busy to compete here. Besides, I have a monopoly in the C3DG...

Very entertaining read.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 23, 2002, 02:25   #14
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Cool. Don't keep your roleplaying games just within your private forums. Some people on other teams also enjoy a little bit of roleplaying form time to time
Old November 23, 2002, 06:10   #15
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:23
Not many from my team it seems. I seem to be the only one who loves the roleplay.
Old November 23, 2002, 13:49   #16
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Personally, it was a hard decision.. Roleplay or Lux? Both Spain and Ottomans sounded good to me, and I liked Roleplay team's name better, but eventually The Lux logo stole me away. That and team membership was little unbalanced when I joined (they had more than combination of any two teams at the time.)

So, not all roleplayers are in the roleplayer team just because of their team name. I would like to participate in any public thread roleplaying so people of roleplay, don't hold off bringing your roleplaying to this public thread!

Last edited by Zero; November 23, 2002 at 14:18.
Old November 23, 2002, 15:18   #17
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
I hadn't realized I would get this many comments.
Old November 23, 2002, 17:02   #18
Zero
King

Well Apolyton is a very busy community with lots of ppl checking forums