Old November 25, 2002, 19:22   #31
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 06:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PlagueRat You just gave me a great idea.

Diplomats should have their own private thread. Will private thread follow the same rule as PM in that the content is guaranteed privacy? If not, giving access to the diplomats will guarantee that both privacy as well as possibilty of disclosure.
Old November 25, 2002, 19:47   #32
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

actually, there will be too much work for markos then.. you'll need one diplomat must have access to 6 seperate private threa in order for this to work... aiee...
Old November 25, 2002, 23:25   #33
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:25
Calc II - The idea is a good thought. I've tossed that one around in my head as well. But, I too decided it would probably be too much work for the administrators. They have other things that are more important.

Hey there's no rule on emails...

but PM is probably a good deal quicker for most here.
I think the diplomats and ambassadors from each team need to all agree that any top secret info in PM's sent to another diplomat are fair game to being shown to the rest of that diplomats team. And vice-versa.

Diplomacy with humans pretty much means that everything is (or should be) fair game. Otherwise it would be quite dull, and would not help us fully be able to 'get into' these games. I think PM's should be able to be revealed to teammates.
Old November 25, 2002, 23:47   #34
Zero
King

I also thought about Emails and tossed around ideas such as Diplomats who send diplomatic PMs must send (according to ptw demo game rule we will initiate) a copy of the letter thru email. This in a way bends the rule . Then the content could be publicized by disclosing thru email. I dunno if this would be considered bending the rule to a point where this is absurd or not...
Old November 25, 2002, 23:53   #35
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 05:25
The possibility of PM's being forwarded or delivered to another team is gonna put a damper on diplomacy IMHO. No one will ever trust another team enough to do anything more than tiptoe around contentious issues.

For privacy's sake and if I were in an ambassador's position, I would want to use chat services (Messenger or Undernet or...) that could not serve as a permanent record of a conversation and only use PMs to request meetings.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old November 26, 2002, 05:04   #36
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:25
Then how is your team to trust that you (as foreign minister) are handling things democratically and not running your own agenda?

I think this is a good way to establish trust between ambassadors. Just hypothetically speaking here, but knowing that another ambassador may reveal my PM's to his team is not a problem, since I will do the same on my side. But if I cease to make it a private team affair, and go public, then I and my team suffer, publicly and most likely in the game itself.

Not all of us have chat services available to them, nor the time to arrange a specific appointment with another minister. What if one is from Germany and another from western America? Then their scheduling is off and it can't be done right.