View Poll Results: Changing the Name of the City, Contaginon, which has the Forbidden Palace
Keep the name the same 11 21.57%
El Duderino 11 21.57%
Aggopolis 4 7.84%
The Forbidden City 11 21.57%
Bannapolis 13 25.49%
Abstain from this vote 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 22, 2002, 15:36   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 07:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official poll for the renaming of Contaginon
THe discussion for this is in this Thread.

This poll has 6 choices for Renaming Contaginon, the location of our Forbidden Palace:
1) Keep the name the same
2) El Duderino
3) Aggopolis
4) The Forbidden City
5) Bannapolis
6) Abtain from this vote

THis poll will last 5 Days. If there is no majority winner in this poll (i.e. greater than 50%), the top 2 to 3 vote getters will be in a run-off poll.

E_T

Last edited by E_T; November 23, 2002 at 13:02.
Old November 22, 2002, 15:47   #2
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 13:26
hi ,

we should name it "bannapolis" , its a great name , ......

sounds a bit like ana....... with a great academy

have a nice day
Old November 22, 2002, 19:37   #3
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 05:26
Argh. WTF makes it when you click your vote choice and it just reloads you on that page? Have I voted? More detailed, just replace "Bob" with "El Duderino":

Quote:
Well, I clicked "Bob" and then "Vote", and like it does a couple of tiems, I just wind up back here on same page (reloaded tho) with no view of the votes. So I vote Bob again and it sez I've already voted, go back.

Is this a problem? Have I voted?
Sorry for being so whiny about it, but have I voted?
---
People! Vote El Duderino! Remember when Duddha was a full-fledged member of the DG? We want to let all Apolytonkind remember, right? Of course we do! Apolyton needs a reminder of its history! In hundreds of years, when Apolytonians will walk over the ashes of their enemies, they will not know their own parent's parents, because they are not versed in the history of Apolyton. However, it won't be easy to forget the name of your city! Apolyton needs to salute its great members, whether or not they have joined or left the community. We need to remember even the darkest chapters of our past, of which the radical ARE was, because "those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it." We need to prevent such elitism from happening again, as all peoples are equals in front of the Banana! We should at least name a city after this visionary, and Dudha would be proud of El Duderino! He would be proud! We need to make our early Apolytonians, who held in when the fighting was tough, remembered!

And last but not least, I leave you with this quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha
One day I'm going to get El Duderino, through peaceful or other means.
Old November 22, 2002, 19:43   #4
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

What I mean is, Duddha was a visionary in that he tested how far DG freedoms would go, and they went very far.

It's those people that are visionaries. People that try to help their children, and their children's children, and their children's children's children. People who want to express their freedoms of expression. THESE are the people to remember. And also, Duddha was a contributor to the rest of the DG as well.

As such, we need to show national pride, and we can do that by renaming Contagion to El Duderino. This is the best oppurtunity to remember Duddha as a person fighting for the liberties of expression-naming that city "El Duderino", as he himself hath wished:

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha
One day I'm going to get El Duderino, through peaceful or other means.
Okay, I'll quit posting now and wait for someone to respond.
Old November 23, 2002, 01:27   #5
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:26
A city MUST be named El Duderino. On the other hand, Banapolis is a great name for our second capital.

I don't suppose a minister will volunteer to rename a city El Duderino?
Old November 23, 2002, 10:49   #6
mrmitchell
King

Bannapolis might sound good, but it does not have the nice ring of El Duderino. Besides, I promised Duddha on his goodbye thread that I would fight for naming a city El Duderino:

Quote:
If there is ever a oppurtunity for renaming a city I will vote El Duderino for the best pick of the crop their is.
I made that promise near 11 PM when my mental systems were shutting down, but by the Almighty Banana I'll KEEP it!

El Duderino!

What's a man if he can't stand on his word?
Old November 23, 2002, 13:47   #7
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I'm still miffed. No Historiopolis.
Old November 23, 2002, 13:59   #8
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
I'm still miffed. No Historiopolis.
It wasn't nominated & had two seconds, sorry. Better luck next time.......

E_T
Old November 23, 2002, 18:48   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

What!? El Duderino would be an acceptable city name, but not for the city with the Forbidden Palace! If anything, GODKING deserves the credit for being the one to say the war with Persia wasn't so bad and that we should just go ahead and conquer them.
Old November 23, 2002, 19:29   #10
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 11:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
If anything, GODKING deserves the credit for being the one to say the war with Persia wasn't so bad and that we should just go ahead and conquer them.
Actually, that was GhengisFarb. I well remember that day because I was starting to wonder if he had a job since virtually every third post in the forum for almost 6 hours was him demonstrating and debating against us making peace offerings to Persia and Germany or alliances. He almost single handedly convinced everyone we could age the war versus France, Germany, and Persia alone and then take all of Persia.

I was VERY impressed at what he did and the results that came from it that day and later in the game and that has somewhat shadowed my view of him ever since. (I most always support his plans because I'm still amazed at how well that worked)

Still, I think Aggopolis is good as it was Aggie who led our military in the conquest of Persia and asked to be able to name one of the cities. Naming cities after conquerors does have some historical precidents.
Old November 23, 2002, 19:53   #11
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I hate all the choices.

This has been Ninot's standard monthly input for the C3DG
Old November 24, 2002, 02:16   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Actually, I only advocated taking all of Persia when it became obvious I was the only one who wanted to take Hamburg.

Quit making me come out of exile before I'm supposed too!
Old November 24, 2002, 03:55   #13
E_T
Emperor

GF, who is your avatar?

E_T
Old November 24, 2002, 04:33   #14
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Just another one of his wacky creations.
Old November 24, 2002, 07:34   #15
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I suggest a runoff between the two or three leading choices.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old November 24, 2002, 07:52   #16
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I suggest a runoff between the two or three leading choices.
hi ,

, consider it seconded

have a nice day
Old November 24, 2002, 15:22   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
GF, who is your avatar?

E_T
That's my avatar for the PTW Game, I got one for the Industrial/Modern Age too.
Old November 24, 2002, 18:26   #18
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

That's my avatar for the PTW Game, I got one for the Industrial/Modern Age too.
I figured that, It just looks kind of like Tyre Anistasi (sp?) from Andromida. At least, that's who it looks like to me.

E_T
Old November 24, 2002, 21:49   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

I figured that, It just looks kind of like Tyre Anistasi (sp?) from Andromida. At least, that's who it looks like to me.

E_T
Isn't he a little darker?
Old November 24, 2002, 22:59   #20
mrmitchell
King

We must keep to the topic! A runoff is probably inevitable, as in the first post it says:

Quote:
If there is no majority winner in this poll (i.e. greater than 50%), the top 2 to 3 vote getters will be in a run-off poll.
Thus, a runoff poll has been deemed useful, and as such a runoff poll shall become reality!
---
Lend our childrens' childrens' children a Cliffs Notes version of radicalists in Apolytonian history, and make their hometown named "El Duderino." You will not regret it.

EDIT: I would rather not our children's children's children to be able to ace through their histories so easily, but I must say that I would gladly make it easier for them, for they will be the leaders of Apolyton one day. [roleplay]I'm sure in their time they will have needs like vertical railroads and rebels armed with cannons capable of shooting cannonballs 500 yards to complicate their days. [/roleplay]

Last edited by mrmitchell; November 24, 2002 at 23:05.
Old November 25, 2002, 02:50   #21
E_T
Emperor

With 6 choices, it was inevitable that there would be a run-off poll. Also, this poll runs for 5 days.

If the %'s deem that it is a 3-way run-off, then there might be an additional run-off after that one, depending on a greater than 50% majority, at that time. We shall see.

E_T
Old November 25, 2002, 06:40   #22
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

yes , at last , banna gets the lead

have a nice day
Old November 25, 2002, 18:43   #23
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I was the one who first suggested taking all of persia. However, it was GF who took my suggestions and ran with it. I consider it a joint effort. I looked at the save, saw that they had not connected to iron, so their best offensive unit was the archer, and said "wow. lets defend agains the initial hoard of archers, and if we survive (which is why I ordered the city walls built on our former border) then we can get the pyrimads rather easy." Nobody listened except GF who wanted to take on germany.... who took the oportunity and ran with it. I however got to name Macross City, and have had no desires to have another city named either by me or after me. Thanks though.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 25, 2002, 19:42   #24
E_T
Emperor

A little under 2 days left in this poll. Please vote

E_T
Old November 25, 2002, 22:55   #25
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I was right afterall, it WAS GodKing
Old November 26, 2002, 18:32   #26
mrmitchell
King

All I can say is, aside from whatever pops up immediately after I click "Submit Reply" , is this:

Vote. It's your #### democratic (little d) duty for #### crying out loud.
---
Of course, however, vote for El Duderino.
Old November 27, 2002, 12:47   #27
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Great, we seem to have 4 very popular choices.
Old November 27, 2002, 13:48   #28
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
Great, we seem to have 4 very popular choices.
Yes, there will be a run off. His poll still has a few hours still to run. I'll try to have the Run-off poll up before turnchat, but I'll most likely have it up afterwards.

E_T
Old November 27, 2002, 14:06   #29
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

It would be nice if Preference polls were supported so we could have Instant Runoffs on these questions.
Old November 27, 2002, 18:33   #30
mrmitchell
King

The people have spoken, and El Duderino has made it into the runoffs! Hooray!
---
Okay, this poll is closed, where is the runoff? (I might not be looking hard enough I never was good at finding Waldo... )