Old December 16, 2002, 06:57   #31
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Kloreep would make an excellent addition to the Labor Party with his above comments/.....

hint hint....
Old December 16, 2002, 17:07   #32
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Kloreep would make an excellent addition to the Labor Party with his above comments/.....

hint hint....
If I do join a party, it'll be labor. But I like being independant.

Besides, just because I don't support conscription doesn't mean I'm against war. I want Bismark and Shaka's heads on platters, and downsizing Caesar's empire while we're at it would be nice. I just don't want us taking on more than our volunteer army can handle.
Old December 16, 2002, 17:29   #33
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 07:27
Limited conscription is all we need. We would train many as soldiers anyway.
Old December 16, 2002, 17:48   #34
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 07:27
I'm very hesitant on Drafting at this time, the Cities that are Size 12 are working on getting their Factories completed and I've done as much as I can to expedite those builds (i.e. chopping of trees, RR's, etc) through PW improvements. If we draft before the Factories are done, they could slip back a turn or two. This might prevent a needed Re-enforcement during the War.

I'm looking at pushing back the start of some Factory builds (that haven't started yet) and adding 1 Mil Unit to the front of those Queue's. I'll also be doing a bit of Throughput Rushes on those Mil Units, to expedite the Queue and get "back to Schedual".

E_T
Old December 16, 2002, 20:23   #35
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 13:27
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I'm very hesitant on Drafting at this time, the Cities that are Size 12 are working on getting their Factories completed and I've done as much as I can to expedite those builds (i.e. chopping of trees, RR's, etc) through PW improvements. If we draft before the Factories are done, they could slip back a turn or two. This might prevent a needed Re-enforcement during the War.

I'm looking at pushing back the start of some Factory builds (that haven't started yet) and adding 1 Mil Unit to the front of those Queue's. I'll also be doing a bit of Throughput Rushes on those Mil Units, to expedite the Queue and get "back to Schedual".

E_T
hi ,

indeed it shall pay off to get those factories first , they shall give us units at a fater rate and by the time romans show their face the largest and best trained army in the universe shall await them

have a nice day
Old December 16, 2002, 20:31   #36
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep

If I do join a party, it'll be labor. But I like being independant.

Besides, just because I don't support conscription doesn't mean I'm against war. I want Bismark and Shaka's heads on platters, and downsizing Caesar's empire while we're at it would be nice. I just don't want us taking on more than our volunteer army can handle.
I don't oppose the war either. I've been a supporter of war with Germany since....wow, since my very first post I believe.

As for the Romans, I have sent out my Shadow Service agents to bring Caesar to us, alive unfortunately. Nonetheless, at least we can string him up by his nostrils in the public square of Apolyton City! He'll be begging for us to let him go back to his worthless nation.
Old December 16, 2002, 20:50   #37
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 06:27
I personally never use drafting. Conscripts are too weak and just end up as cannon fodder on attack and if we need then on defense we are in a lot of trouble. I would only use it if a) happiness will not be an issue in the city and B) we specifically want to free up a defensive unit for the war and do not want to leave the city completely undefended