Old November 23, 2002, 20:25   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 07:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Status of Team Readiness
Okay, this thread is just an update thread to see how far along each team is, and how ready they are for the game.

With around one week left until the start of the game, Lux Invicta is finalizing its government structure, has a name, logo and civ (obviously). We've almost decided upon a color, and will be ready, albeit in a somewhat hurried state, by December 1st to begin the game.
Old November 23, 2002, 20:36   #2
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:30
We also are in the last stages of finalizing our government strucuture, have a name, logo and are proceeding to put the final touches on our civ and color. Most surely we are ready.
Old November 23, 2002, 20:38   #3
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:30
The Legoland team will be ready by Dec. 1st.
We have a name, a leader, a Civ, a complete customization, the runoff poll regarding the Civ colour will end in 3 days, and discussions about the constitution are going quickly
Old November 23, 2002, 20:42   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 05:30
The Glory of War was done a week ago, silly builders we are already outbuilding you!

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; November 23, 2002 at 21:13.
Old November 23, 2002, 21:07   #5
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

That's because all you do is grunt at each other and throw things, just like you plan on doing once the game starts.
Old November 23, 2002, 21:13   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
That's because all you do is grunt at each other and throw things, just like you plan on doing once the game starts.
Grunt, grunt!
Old November 23, 2002, 21:26   #7
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 06:30
Im just wondering, will we be customizing Leaderhead since we are customizing colour? I think it be cool if I see Lego guy as a leader if we were making diplomatic talks with Legoland.. and such...

If the leaderhead is gonna be just a simple picture I dont see how it could be inconvenient for memebrs to simply download a zip of all leaderheads and place the files in their PTW folder.
Old November 23, 2002, 21:28   #8
Jon Shafer

Everyone that wants it would have to get it himself though, these things aren't just included.

Unless whoever starts the game up puts everything into the scenario pack for everyone to download.
Old November 23, 2002, 21:29   #9
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Throw!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old November 23, 2002, 21:32   #10
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

(without turning my head, trying to ignore at silly GoWs playing like children around me, I catch throwing stuff at each other.)

yea trip, i just edited my post concerning that issue... It shouldnt be big if all of us doesnt use flc file as their leaderhead representation. A simple pic could be 100 - 300Kb per leader...

So if all of us decide on it and submit them before game starts we can package it into a nice zip file.

Hmm now that I think about it I should have turned my head. I should have realized first WHAT they were throwing. Hope it wasn't poo...

Last edited by Zero; November 23, 2002 at 21:38.
Old November 23, 2002, 21:33   #11
Jon Shafer

The difficult part comes when every team besides the lego one has to find an image.
Old November 23, 2002, 21:37   #12
Zero
King

Well we have until Game starts... If the team cant make the deadline, do not want custom pic then they just simply dont get it... Also if majority of population dont like the inconvenience of having to download the pack we will also scrap the idea... until then...
Old November 23, 2002, 22:01   #13
Spiffor

Why aren't you LI represented by Gendou ?
Old November 23, 2002, 22:03   #14
Jon Shafer

Beautiful idea.
Old November 23, 2002, 22:07   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Why aren't you LI represented by Gendou ?
Roleplaying Shinji could be fun...

*Shinji sees tanks motoring forwards

"I mustn't run away, I MUSTN'T RUN AWAY!"

*Shinji at the negotiations table

"Why bother? Everybody hates me."

And of course when we win everyone must applaud.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 23, 2002, 22:10   #16
Spiffor

Isn't the guy lovely ?

Old November 23, 2002, 22:13   #17
Jon Shafer

Gendou 1.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	gendou1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	29955  
Old November 23, 2002, 22:15   #18
Jon Shafer

Gendou 2.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	gendou2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	29956  
Old November 23, 2002, 22:27   #19
Spiffor

Here's a Civ3 like head I just tinkered
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	gendouthumb.gif
Views:	80
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	29957  
Old November 23, 2002, 22:38   #20
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I'd rather have Misato as the LI's leader. Her or Kouzou Fuyutsuki. If we had SEELE's logo it would be an obvious choice for Lorentz Keel.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 23, 2002, 22:42   #21
Jon Shafer

I like Fuyutski too... but he's not as ominous as Gendou.
Old November 23, 2002, 23:16   #22
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

But according to the audio commentary for the movies, he has a Jay Leno's chin

Misato would make for a great custom leaderhead if Ghengis made one of her.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 23, 2002, 23:20   #23
Apocalypse
Emperor

You know, Lilith would make for an interesting leaderhead.
Old November 24, 2002, 00:25   #24
Jon Shafer

C'mon now, take this to the leaderhead thread.
Old November 24, 2002, 02:49   #25
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Here's a sample of one I'm working on:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	samplehead.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	29964  
Old November 24, 2002, 04:04   #26
Jon Shafer

I swear GF, you have far too much time on your hands...
Old November 24, 2002, 04:46   #27
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Shoulders a bit wide, eh? just kidding GF you never cease to amaze me....sometimes at least.
Old November 24, 2002, 04:57   #28
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'll drift back to the topic...

The Roleplaying Team is ready to go. We could start next week or later, really doesn't matter to us. We're having a fine time just chatting along over in our team forum.

Latest popularity poll results are in. 100% support for my regime. Although there were no options for dissent in the poll, most of the voters very enthusiastically supported the despot.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 24, 2002, 05:13   #29
Meshelic
King

sounds like a textbook despotic regime to me.
Old November 24, 2002, 05:21   #30
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Used to the same ballots as Saddam perhaps?